Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - November Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey ladies!

just a quick check-in. i ended up losing what i gained last week plus more this week. woo hoo! i wanted to reach my goal of 50lbs lost this weigh-in and was only short by .6lbs. i'll take it! i'm hoping to finish these last two weeks of november strong. i have quite a few goals to meet by the new year! :)

hope everyone is doing well!
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    hey ladies!

just a quick check-in. i ended up losing what i gained last week plus more this week. woo hoo! i wanted to reach my goal of 50lbs lost this weigh-in and was only short by .6lbs. i'll take it! i'm hoping to finish these last two weeks of november strong. i have quite a few goals to meet by the new year! :)

hope everyone is doing well!

.6 pounds is VERY close! You can do it. :-)

I didn't realize this thread was still going so sorry for being behind!
    I feel great about last week's exercise. I feel like I really brought it up a notch. I exercised at the gym every day except one. I did a total of 612 minutes of exercise. Today is definitely going to be a rest day besides going for a walk.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    wow, I am a super slacker!

I am so sorry, I wish I had to go back and read what has been happening but right now I am so pressed for time!

However, I hope everyone has been doing well and keeping up with everything! I promise, promise, promise to become more in tune with everything after this week is over (6 papers for school, and 2 theater shows eek!)

love you all,

meghan
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Meag Congrats again on your race and for all the shopping I know you have been wanting to buy some stuff and by your post looks like you got plenty!! Enjoy your short work week!! :tongue: Thanks for the picture info I will upload that asap!

Emily Congrats on your run and improving by 10 1/2 minutes is awesome and congrats on your NSV, keep up the hard work and consistency!! :wink:

Megan Awesome job completing your 5k Turkey Trot especially in the cold and in the hills and for listening to you body! Good luck with those sales I need some running clothes as well, starting to get a little colder where I live which Im sure would be summer weather for others lol!!:happy:

Abby Glad you found some answers and good luck with everything else hope your feeling better! And don't fret the weight loss you fit in an 8 thats awesome, keep it up! :smile:

Amy Congrats on you weight loss your on a roll keep it up!! .6lbs is nothing compared to 49.4, great accomplishment you'll be at your goal in no time! :happy:

AFM

Sunday Ran 4 miles with my Bf and my Pup and made semi-homemade pizza delicious and way healthier than ordering a pizza!

Monday I had a good day, work went well, ate overall healthy food, went for a short jog after work in part because I forgot my socks and had to go to the store and buy some, so that dipped into my outside running time by 25 mins at least, was supposed to be a 5 mile run but I was not about to run downtown in the dark hell no!! It's ok I will do a longer run tomorrow and have my workouts planned for the week which I look forward to! Downloaded some new music to run to as well and bought a new sports bra which i needed, but plan on buying better quality closer to x-mas will hint to the BF or probably just buy my self since I have no patience lol... So far November has been good I just need to make sure I hit my 100 mile goal that I set for myself! Planning on changing up the hair either this weekend or the following, need a new look! Thats it with me ladies, make tomorrow a kick *kitten* day, good night!! :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I have sooo much to update! Including an impromptu race sign up for 2 weeks from now... But this morning I posted a blog with some befores and afters, thanks for some prompting from a few pals. I went to have my licences renewed and it was a great reminder of how far I've come. I have very few "Befores" but here's my blog post for those who are interested:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/meagalayne/view/new-licence-before-and-afters-revisited-169571

Thanks to everyone for the congrats on my PR. Looks like I'm not the only one racing my butt off! Way to go Emily :drinker:

Cynthia - You are rocking things as usual. Great job getting out there and continuing to get your workouts in, despite a hectic schedule. So nice to hear you can run with the boy!

Looking forward to catching up with you all tonight and updating on my stellar past few days. I'll post more later. For now, have a fabulous Tuesday ladies!! :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey ladies... Finally some time for catch up. I notice the thread and group are really lagging these days (no thanks to me either) - Hope you're all out there kicking some *kitten* and thus too busy to post! :tongue: But seriously, I hope we can keep this thing up. Let's not let the group be the final nail in the coffin :ohwell:

Here are my updates from the weekend...
    Saturday - as you all know, I raced and kicked some major *kitten* :bigsmile: At night we hit up our favourite pub and had some scrumptuous beer and it was totally worth every last carb and calorie. It was a nice night out with Tyler just chatting, enjoying the atmosphere. We are hoping to meet people/couple friends but it's so hard when you're out. It's awkward to strike up conversation with strangers at times. I'm not shy at all, but I think people tend to always just assume we're on a "date" and so they leave us be. Strange but oh well. It was still a great night!

Sunday - Another good one! Very busy but I managed a lovely recovery run and some MEGA shopping in the USA. Tyler and I drove down and I scored the following amazing deals - cardigans for work (1 for 25$ and another for $20), a dress shirt for 22$, and another work shirt for 12$, casual long sleeve tees for 12$ each, genuine leather dress boots from Rockport for 69.99$ (!!), 2 pairs of converse all-stars (high tops and low tops) each for 20$, a new onxy travel mug for 10$, and an Oneida chef's knife (killer quality) for 11$... We also scored a TON of cheap, local microbrews from VT and NY states. Compared to the prices up here, everything was a freaking STEAL! I didn't manage to find a swim suit or any pants, but I still feel like I did a fantastic job. And I actually found stuff that FIT! :happy: Wohoo! Happy Meag on Sunday, that's for sure!

Got to bed early and managed to have an AMAZING Monday, as well. I was in a great mood, I took my lunch break, I got some reading in (both goals for Nov), and I even left work on time! I also made it to spin class after work which kicked my *kitten* like only Crazy Carl can. It was great. as posted before, I also renewed my driver licence and health card with new pictures and that felt pretty darn good as well.

This morning, I got up at 530am, threw on my running garb and went for a 3mile run round trip to the Niagara escarpment stairs in the middle of our city. It's the fastest and most convenient way to get from the bottom of the city up to the top of the escarpment without a vehicle. Takes about 5 minutes to climb the stairs at a steady, but hard, pace. Tyler took a picture on Monday when he made the climb himself, which I'll post here for you to see. It was gorgeous this morning and a great 4 minute workout with the run included.
    escarpment.jpg
    Today at work was a challenge and very hectic. No lunch, but I left only 10 minutes late and I managed to steal a few moments to myself. Have lots on my plate tomorrow but I plan to be measured and reasonable with my expectations of myself and only work as hard as I can to get things done. No stressing about work left undone at 5pm. It will just wait for the next day...

Amber - That's a LOT of time working out ! 612 minutes in one week ??? Jeeeez I'm lucky to get 40 minutes/day 5 times a week! You've got me beat by a long shot! Way to go - that's fabulous resolve and definitely something to be proud of! I should take a page from your books and really work it out...

Amy - Niiiiiice loss girl! You are doing FABULOUS! 0.6lbs will be off in no time! glad to see that you're feeling so positive about it :happy: keep up the hard work and you'll see that 50lb mark come and go before you know it!

Guam - Hey girlie - Hope everything is well with you! Update us when you can. My life is definitely needing some Guam in it!

Abby - Happy to hear you are finally getting some answers and I hope that things will become clearer for you very soon. From your recent status posts I gather that treatment has begun and you are fairly sure you know what the problem is, but I am not 100% sure. Either way I am definitely thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery :heart:

OK off to bed. It's 11pm and I've been up FAR too long. Have a fab HUMP day, y'all!
    -Meaggers
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies or Meag lol,

Meag Thanks Meag and btw Fabulous job with all your running, shopping and really making your days more positive.. Sending positive vibes your way, sending sending sent!! :wink:

AFM I had a good day @ work, had some chocolate gotta get my chocolate fix! Went for a 4 mile run but it was a new trail that is by far the most inclined and curvy trail from all the other ones, might have sore legs tomorrow might but I hope I don't! Made some yummy Quinoa first time making it, pretty simple and delicious with the added lemon pepper and chicken, new staple in my recipes for sure!! Running the same trail but reversed tomorrow and see what the other side has to offer!! Ate pretty good today and enjoyed my run! Until tomorrow ladies good night and make Wednesday a great day!!:bigsmile: Cynthia!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats on all the great running and workotus by everyone!!

Amy, wow you are almost at your goal that's fantastic!!

Meag, great job on your PR!!

Cynthia- how long do you have to complete the 100 mile challenge? Seems like great motivation!

AFM I have been eating out too much, drinking too much and just been inconsistent about my workouts. Even though I workout almost every day if I miss a day, I feel completely off the wagon. Yesterday my back was hurting from packing things at work (moving offices) and i felt it might get worse, so i skipped my TRX class at the gym, which I wasn't too happy about. I am just struggling to have a good routine going..and can't seem to stay on track... self control, motivation, where art thou?

Did a bit of spin bike this morning and will hit the gym after work..
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Lovelies!! I have been trying to read along but haven’t had much time to post lately. But Meag “encouraged” me to take some time and shout out to all of the wonderful successes!!

Great job runners!! You lovelies seem to be kicking some major *kitten* and taking names!! A co-worker and a friend of mine are huge Angels (baseball) fans and they are having their annual 5K next April so I have got them both enlisted to sign up and run with me. I can’t wait to start training again. And this will give me plenty of time to get a lil more in shape and also figure out how I will fit training into my schedule.

Meag – sounds like you had an amazing weekend!! Great race! Great shopping! Great time with the boy! And great beer!! Doesn’t sound like you could add much more to that weekend to make it any better. My ex-boyfriend turned me into a bit of a beer snob so I have come to appreciate microbrewed beers. It didn’t help that he was opening his own brewery also. I hope that you are making the most out of the rest of your week! Just one more work day and then a 3-day weekend is calling your name!! I have been trying to get reading in when I can. I found a copy of “Nanny Returns” which is the sequel to “Nanny Diaries” on clearance for $2.50 but when I started reading it, I realized I had completely forgot what happened in the first book so I’m re-reading “Nanny Diaries” and hoping to start the 2nd one soon. And you know, I think we would have a great time shopping together…I love a good bargain!!

Cynthia – your trails sound like so much fun!! I need to take a little more advantage of living in So Cal and enjoying this weather that we are blessed with. Did you ever get a chance to try your chia seeds? I know that Meag has used them before and pretty much swears by them.

Eleanore – we all fall off the wagon from time to time. The important thing is remembering to get back on. I have done it over and over and over again. It’s a vicious cycle that I can’t seem to break but I am hoping that I am slowly leaving that bad habit behind with the rest of my extra unwanted pounds. Hope you kill it girly!

Amy – great loss!! You will reach a loss of 50 pounds in no time!! Keep up that great work girly!!

AFM…owe a lot of thanks to Jenelle for extending the invitation to join her holiday bootcamp. I think it has helped keep me a lot more accountable then I have been before. Don’t get me wrong, I have still slipped up at least once per day but my exercise has been more frequent. Actually last night was the first time since Thursday that I haven’t worked out and I was really bummed about it. I am determined to fit a good workout in tonight. Had a major NSV on Monday night. Received some not so pleasant news just before I left work that day and rather than going home and eating my sorrows away, I decided to get my booty home and take out my anger and frustration on some Turbo Jam. It was such a great workout and I’m so glad that I was able to turn that situation around. Food has been ok today and my water intake has been much better. Thanksgiving will be one week from tomorrow and I think I have finally decided which friends I will be hanging out with. I only hope that I don’t undo all of my hardwork in one day. But I think that I will also be thinking about all of my hardwork as I allow every morsel of food and every sip of beverage to pass my lips.

I hope everyone is having a fantabulous week so far!!

Quote of the day - The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Eleanor The 100 mile challenge is something Im doing on my own I basically shoot for 100 miles running and it does include some walking as well and has to be completed in one month so I aim for 25 miles a week, I need to play catchup this week though!! I agree about the workout routine, I like to workout 5-6 times per week mainly 6 and if I miss a day where I planned to workout like take for example today I feel off, it's like I want to workout not need to but I just have to it feels like it erases my hard work if I don't workout! Im a weirdo I know. lol I plan on running in the am to catch up on my miles then after work doing this famous hill I live by!! So I definitely feel you hang in there let your back recover you don't want to mess with that! Stretching light yoga might help...

Bethany I actually didn't buy any because the store I went to only had flax and I researched a lot and found that chia is better so I will head to trader joes and buy some. But I did buy some Quinoa and made it for dinner with some lemon pepper spices and chicken and it tastes great and it's healthy! Your handwork will not be undone by one day so have a great time and enjoy every "morsel" :happy: I need to take my own advice lol Love the quote I actually had to read twice because I misunderstood it, but very true thanks for posting! don't mind me if I post some too!

AFM

I had an off day from the moment I woke up actually from the time I went to bed I had some awful dreams and woke up feeling strange, I decided to wake up extra early make my BF breakfast and coffee and clean the whole apartment as he slept so far so good, I figured I'd treat my self to some hot cocoa so I left 10 minutes early to pick one up and it took me 22 minutes to get on the freeway, hate traffic but whatever I have no choice, so of course no cocoa for me which is not a big deal. Work was off too Im sure it was just me so I decided to skip working out altogether and go home to cook which I did but I was on here (Mfp) and reading some posts and I was led to a blogger that shared a story about having a healthy relationship with food and I had a pretty emotional reaction to reading all her stuff and realized how I don't have a healthy relationship with food. I also had one of those days where I feel enormous and disgusting and soo over weight as if i didn't lose 51 lbs. I have to remind my self of how far I've come but reading that blog, it made me realize that psychologically I still remain over weight and that maybe being at my goal weight or even thinner will not necessarily make me happy. It's as if Im waiting to be a certain size or weight and THEN I will be happy but now I know for a fact that is not true. Since I started MFP I originally wanted to be at 135 and once I was there I re-evealutated my goals and aimed for 130, after reaching my goal I still am over weight so I thought 120 would be ideal for me, now being 126 is not how I imagined I would look or feel, my final goal weight is 120 and UGW s 115, definitely attainable since Im 5 foot even Im a shortie but its feels that maybe a number or size won't truly give me satisfaction, so I want to re-evaluate so many things one being picking up a book about healthy eating and living, I work, go to school as many of you do and never feel like Im balanced or at peace so for next month ill have different goals, sorry for the story this just feels like the only place where it's appropriate!! :bigsmile: I plan on making tomorrow better because today was not a great day at all and I need to remind myself why I started this life changing journey and remember to be not be so vain... Hope everyone has an awesome Thursday!! GN Ladies! :yawn:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - I always feel like that too!! I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and got down to 118 (I am 5'1") and thought that it would make me soo happy to pass my goal of 120, but when I got there, nothing changed, I still didnt feel good about myself anf wasnt nearly as happy as I thought I would be....it sucks!! I have always dealt with some depression issues and I know its a hard blow when you accomplish something but still dont feel happy about it!! Hopefully tomorrow will turn around for you and your outlook will be a little brighter!!! Oh and good for you for trying the quinoa, I found I love it too!! I might also see if Chia seeds can be bought anywhere around me, let me know if you like them!!

Guam - great job on the NSV...as another emotional eater I understand what an amazing accomplishment it is to work out instead of eat when you feel crappy...that is no small challenge!! So proud of you!! And I share your fear of thanksgiving!! I just plan to get in a good workout in the AM, before the feasting starts, and then enjoy myself....remember, one day will not undo months of work!!

Meag - Love the pic!! Looks like a nice, senic place to get a workout in!! And thanks for the advice on Niagra! Me and the BF are planning a hiking trip in the Catskills, NY in the early spring and were thinking that we might take a day or 2 journey over to the Canadian side of the Falls since I heard its nicer over there. I have never been to Canada and would love to see Toronto too!! Sadly, neither of us have ever seen Niagra yet, so we dont mind a little bit of touristy during the falls part...but then I would like to see Toronto on our own!!

AFM - My procedure went well....they are pretty sure that I have H.pylori, which isnt a terrible thing....its easily treatable and will go away!! So all in all I consider it good news!! Nothing else exciting really, I havent been allowed to workout since Monday because they took stomach biopsies and you risk bleeding if you stress the stomach, and I never thought I would miss my workouts soo much but I do....cant wait to get one in after work today!! Going on another hike tomorrow in PA which I am excited about....may post some pics tomorrow afterwards. And I have a run planned with a friend on Saturday which I am a little nervous about, I never run with anyone except my BF sometimes and I think she is just starting to run and is a lot slower...but we will see how it goes...
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey folks- Just a quick check in for me as it`s already 9pm and the boy and I have a night in together planned tonight.

Work was mega stressful the past 2 days as there is a TON going on, and a lot of projects changing hands lately. It's a boat load of work and since there's only 6 weeks left, people are trying to use up all their vacation time before it goes to waste. Sigh. Thankfully I'm one of them and I have tomorrow off! :bigsmile: Long weekend time! and then a total of 6 vacation/holidays in December to look forward too. Woot woot.

Got in a very cold 3.5miler tonight after work - 3.85miles total with some walking. It was FREEZING out. Literally. And my hands just cannot cope. But otherwise it was an OK run. Average pace just under 10:00 which is pretty speedy for the boy. No complaints.

Sitting here now drinking a Smoked Oatmeal Stout from a local Toronto brewery. Not too shabby. Had steak, curried couscous and roasted brussel sprouts and asparagus for dinner. Also weighed in this morning, and maintenance without logging is still going well. I can't believe it's been 17 days without logging and I am doing this well and feeling this good... Of course, I don't always feel this good...

To all your points on not feeling happy with your weight and successes once you hit your goals - Feeling good about where you are is a process and setting goals and targets with finite "ends" is misleading. Defining your successes based on outcome versus planning your goals around behaviour modification can lead to major feelings of depression and even failure. It's silly, but I know how thin and light I am for my height (122.1lbs this AM and 5'7" - very light!) and know that I need to keep my weight up, but yet most days I still look at myself and feel incredibly "fat" and unfit. It's sick and twisted but that's just my instinct. Partly societal and partly residual from a life-time of feeling fat and not feeling worthy or attractive. What does make me feel good is making healthy choices - those killer workouts, really healthy meals, and taking positive steps towards leading a healthy life every day - they all make me feel GOOD when I'm doing them. Nothing beats that post-run "high" :bigsmile: Definitely not any number on the scale, that's for sure!

I don't have much advice on this front, since I'm still a serious work-in-progress, but I can tell you that we all struggle with the same feelings no matter how successful we've been. Sure I am way more confident, happier, and much more self-aware than I was years ago, but it takes a long long time and we'll never be completely happy with our progress. We just have to work on our changing our perspective while we're changing our physical selves. It's definitely a balancing act and feeling totally out-of-whack is normal, I think :huh:

Really happy to hear y'all are having sooo much fun/success with the bootcamp BTW - Rock it out ladies!! :drinker: Sounds like it's really motivating and I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Abby - LOVE the catskills!! Tyler and I were down there in Aug racing with some of my best MFPal girlies from challenges past and it was an incredibly trip. We were at the Windham Mountain resort racing in the Warrior Dash - Talk about a GORGEOUS drive! Oh my word. I hope you both have a fabulous time! :bigsmile: The Falls in Canada are a total tourist trap but they are definitely a sight to see - There are so many beautiful places in this area, especially with our topography and being right along the escarpment , hiking is great here and we have loads of beautiful outdoor space. Also great wineries (it's smack in the middle of wine country) and a few big city centres as well. Lots to offer! Toronto you could spend years in without getting bored so I wouldn't even know where to direct you to... Jeez that city is phenomenal!

We're actually planning a trip there tomorrow to roam through the path (underground tunnel system to stay out of the cold), check out the bustle and hustle of Chinatown and Kensington Market, get a *****in' good soy latte, and enjoy the best damn burritos any city has to offer - seriously, the best burrito EVER. I cannot understate how good they are...

Ahhh Where was I? I got distracted thinking about burritos...

Guam - Send me your address and I'll ship you a book or two! I have a huuuuge collection and love sharing books :bigsmile: I'd be more than happy to ship out some of my faves to a fabulous Pal like yourself. Books are like friends. You can never have enough and I think you should always spread the love with them. Fiction has brought me so much good stuff in my life and I'd love to pass on a bit of that to a fab Pal like you. Let me know! Otherwise I can just recommend ya some :wink:

OK I better get going. This beer is getting cold... Have a GREAT weekend lovelies. I'm sorry I've been slacking - definitely missing my Kick *kitten* girlies! :bigsmile:

OH!~ Last thing - Guess who took 2 whole freaking lunch breaks this week AND read 2 nights out of 4?!?!? THIS GUY! :bigsmile: Really proud of myself. More reading, resume work, and me-time planned this weekend. Bring on the happiness!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    So much for quick, eh? Goodness I ramble on! :blushing:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,,

Thanks all for you words, it is definitely a long process and changing mental attitudes I real have made long term goals as well as short goals and plan on making this lifestyle permanent! I personally think my issue is my own thinking, and feelings of being obese for soo long that my thinking process is going to be tougher to change than my outside appearance, i guess learning self acceptance to someone who has been heavy for quite a while is always difficult, I feel better knowing that many others feel this way and it's normal, just have to really work on attitude towards how i feel and genuinely be happy with what I have accomplished, self help book here I come!! Today was a much much better day went for a 3 mile jog alone and did some stairs and did some stairs with a co-worker after work and did a quick mile jog all in all it was a good day and just happy tomorrow id Friday!! I have a run planned with my friend tomorrow not sure on distance but definitely want to enjoy will run nest to the lake! Super tired will post tomorrow have a great night ladies, and Meag enjoy your long well-deserved weakend, Abby have a great hike in PA and Emily congrats on fitting into your size 8s and enjoy the new shoes, I love new shoes!! Good night Ladies :bigsmile:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Cynthia- I know the mental struggle is harder than the physical one sometimes, but it sounds like you have got yourself on the right track and you are working on figuring out ways to make everything work out. I think that it is super hard to get to the self acceptance stage in the middle of all this, but you will get there.

Meag- Yeah for a day off!! I know everything at work is super stressful and its hard not to take it all on, but I like to hear that you are taking the day off and going to really enjoy it by doing a lot of fun things! That freezing cold run does not sound like fun, but I better get used to it myself since the temp keeps dropping here as well.. brrrr!!

Abby- Yeah for knowing what is wrong! I think its so frustrating when you don’t know what is going on, now you know and can do something about it! Hopefully you can get in workouts like you want soon and start working on getting back to normal!

AFM- Ok So I majorly suck at keeping up, but with all of the doctors appointments I have been having, family being in town, and just the general lack of energy its been tough. My 15k is in 2 weeks and I am super nervous. My friend who is a marathoner- like runs her marathons with a 8:30 pace and ran a 10 miler not at race pace with 7:30 miles, she’s insanely good- is also running it and she is being super supportive and saying that it doesn’t matter if I walk a bunch, but I still want to do good- no matter what I know a 15k is a huge accomplishment so when I get across that finish line, no matter how long it took me or what ends up happening I still made it across the finish line. Hopefully I can do better going forward with keeping up with you ladies- but no matter what I am still cheering you all on!

Megan
  • ambercanfly
    Options
    @ GuamGrly Great job on resisting temptation! Eating your sorrows away only makes it worse, doesn’t it? I’m scared for thanksgiving. I read that the average person consumes 4,700 calories on thanksgiving. I’m strategizing by making sure I have healthy stuff throughout the day so there is no mindless nibbling. Then I think dinner is all about portion control! Good luck!!!

@meagalayne Thanks for the encouraging words! I feel like the reason most people start to diet is because they’re unhappy with themselves. I think that’s ok though, because they have the desire to feel better. It’s a work in progress, right?! You have to start changing your mindset as you change your body. It’s twice as difficult!!!

@mkingraham You can do it! You’re going to cross that finish line and feel amazing! Don’t get hung up on the details, it will only make you nervous. It takes a lot of courage to do a 15k during the busiest time of year! Give yourself tons of kudos for that. :drinker:

@missgolightly727 CONGRATS!!! I bet chucking out more clothing made you feel fantastic. What a way to celebrate your weight loss. I can’t wait until I get into a size 8 (or even anything under double digits haha). Enjoy your suede jacket and the feeling of being thinner than you were before! Awesome!

AFM- I broke down Tuesday night and watched TV :grumble: (a goal for November was no TV during the week). However, I think I was exhausted because I only watched for about 30 minutes before I fell asleep. I slept 10 hours that night!

Wednesday I had training and my trainer said I did really well. I felt like I pile of jello afterwards so I know it was a good one!

Last night my dad and I did pilates and went for a walk. I love working out with my family since I don’t get to see them very often since I’m spending my life at the gym and work!!! :laugh:

I’m worried about next week because Thursday is Thanksgiving and Saturday is my weigh-in day with my trainer.:brokenheart: This is motivation to keep me ON TRACK. I need to set a mini goal for next week… hmm don’t know what yet. Maybe something like make sure to take a walk during work every day to squeeze in some extra exercise hours.

Anyways… everyone have a fantastic weekend! Stay good! :bigsmile: I’ll check back in Monday
  • ambercanfly
    Options
    I read that the average person consumes 4,700 calories on thanksgiving.

:noway:

and almost 230 grams of fat! I can't find the exact article I was reading but here is a similar one with some thanksgiving advice. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1238
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Megan Thanks :happy: Hows everything going with your babies development? A 15k is a huge deal the fact that you singed up found out you're pregnant and still able to run and train is AMAZING props to poi, I think you will nail it whether you walk some or walk a lot the distance will be covered and you will finish!! No worries about keeping up on here you have much more important new things going on right now!! :smile:

Emily I hate the shin problems used to get them frequently thankfully not anymore they are painful!! I stretch a lot I mean much more than I used. Are you stretching enough you think?? Theres stretches specifically for the shins if you haven't tried them which Im sure you have since you mentioned your brother and pops are runners! Just fyi, hope you feel great tomorrow and can join your group rest up!! :smile:

Amber thats awesome doing pilates with your pops, it sounds like you are working out hard and are very aware of the turkey day calorie overload, enjoy your food moderately and you'll be fine for weigh in, but I wouldn't let that be the reason you can't enjoy some yummy dessert good luck on your weigh in!! :smile:

AFM I had a tough day @ work but hey it's Friday so who cares!! Started TOM today a week early (but better than having it on race day turkey day), which can explain my crazy week, cravings and lack of weight loss!! I ran 3.25 miles after work although it wasn't as much as I wanted I did some awesome weight training, which I really want to equally focus on especially next month. Ate over all healthy including the mini croissant no actual valuable nutrition in that but not horrible at all, and had some yummy hot cocoa! Excited because I finally made an appointment for the new hair color/cut, and I will be starting Bootcamp Yoga next Monday with a few co-workers might be brutal not so much the class but the waking up part...We purposely signed up to help us exercise more and be more aware especially during the holidays so classes will start Nov 21st through Dec 21st (my b-day) so it's PERFECT timing!! I have a lot of baking planned making some healthier dessert for work for our early Turkey day potluck and have to make dessert for both mine and my BF's family, but I want to experiment Sunday and see what I wanna do, if all else fails my healthy organic pumpkin pie will do!! Have my 10k on Thanksgiving day as well, lots going on but I love the holidays and get to see family I don't usually see all year (which can also be good lol)!!! Running my usual Saturday A.M. run with my friend and going to have coffee afterwards if time permits, Starbucks has buy one get one free, don't care too much for Starbucks but getting a free one is awesome now through Sunday if anyone cares!! That should be everywhere but not sure about outta the US... thats it for me hope you ladies had a great Friday and have an awesome weekend!! Good Night!:bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey all :bigsmile: Happy Saturdays!

Selfish post today because I had a great day in Toronto yesterday and I want to share my updates with ya (including a few pics, if you don't mind)...

We got out of the city around 1:30 after a bunch of errands and chores (oh lord I spent 1/2 of my paycheck before 12noon...sigh) and decided to take the train into Toronto instead of driving - Brilliant choice! I adore the train! We got to union station and roamed about the indoor "path" for about 45 mins and then made our way to an awesome brew pub where they make their own specialty beer and sell it at a really good price, considering Toronto inflation. This resulted in the following:
    Toronto-20111118-00092.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    Ahhh yep. FREE peanuts at a bar is just ridiculous. I love peanuts wayyyy too much. And tipsy-on-delicious-amber-beer Meag loves them even more. That love can be witnessed here:
    Toronto-20111118-00085.jpg
    Tipsy and really happy Meag (and Ty) then walked the distance from Young and Dundas square to the awesome Kensington Market for the world's BEST burritos. Honestly worth every last calorie. I had white meat chicken with yam, no rice or cheese - figure that was probably the healthiest way to go. I was exceptionally happy after consuming this burrito - evidenced in my profile pic :bigsmile:
    On our way home we stopped for some Americanos at what is supposed to be one of Toronto's best cafes. We are total self-indulgent coffee snobs and this place actually let us down. Thankfully the cafe itself was very warm, welcoming and cozy.
    Toronto-20111118-00099.jpg
    We sat for a while and chit-chatted and then made our way back to union. It was a LOT of walking and my feet were hurting when we got back, but I loved it! Such a great vacation day. Way over my cals, perhaps, but totally worth it for a nice treat.

Today I got off my *kitten* and ran for 85 mins - 8.7 miles of trails, road running, and even some stairs. It was a great run and a great way to have some alone time - zone out and just enjoy the feeling of my feet hitting the ground. How have you lovelies spent the last few days? Hope it's been glorious! :bigsmile:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meag - Glad you finally got to have a fun time out!! You certainly deserve it!! Esp with all of your craziness at work. Looked like you both had a fun time.

Cynthia - Good luck on your turkey day 10k!! And I agree that its better to have started your TOM early. I would rather not be on it during a race day!! Hope your race goes well for you.....I am sure you will dominate it!!

Dont remember who posted that thanksgiving day calorie fact, but man that is a scary number!!

AFM -- Back to working out again. Had a great hike on Friday with the hubby. We went to a state park in PA that we had never been to. We got ourselves nice and lost....so what was supposed to be a 6 mile hike turned into a 10mile hike..but oh well, we had fun!! I actually have to work on thanksgiving day, which I am kinda OK with......I wont get to over eat this way!!! I am an ER nurse and I have to work from 10am-6pm.....I checked last years thanksgiving day census and they only had 4 patients come in....so it will likely be a very boring and slow day for me!! Then I will head over to my parents.....but since they will have already eaten, my mom is just going to make one plate for me (I told her no stuffing or mashed potatoes) this way I have no chance of over eating!!! Then I am gearing up to get in some crazy "black friday" shopping!!! I already scoped out some ads and I think that I have decided to purchase myself a treadmill (great deals on black friday)!! Hopefully that will keep my running on track through the cold winter and I like that I would still be able to get a run in after work when its dark and I cant run outside by myself!! Didnt really want tp spend the money on one, but I think I have earned it and it will be a good investment for me!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!