Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - November Challenge!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Too late for Nov. Will there be a December?
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Great job Cynthia and love the new pic! So happy to hear you had a great time! :bigsmile:

Quick post for me - Tyler and I raced an 8K today and I shaved another 1:14 off my time from two weeks ago. Final gun time was 43:50, however my timex read 43:41 since I tend to start at the back of the crowd and pass folks as I run. Felt great passing so many people! There were 100 people total running the 8K race (small local race) and I placed 55th, and 2nd in my age group. I started right at the back, basically, so I passed a bunch of people along the course. Feels great :blushing:

Tyler ran it in 47:46, which is awesome for him! I am super proud. He really pushed himself and felt so good afterward. Not even exhausted and struggling, unlike me! haha I definitely pushed hard and my new shoes are really screwing with my feet. Gotta get those looked at.

Anyway, I need to get going. I'm having a celebration tonight for my birthday in town, since the next two weekends I'll be away/out. Hope you wonderful gals have a great weekend! Missing all our update-y-ness lately so get your butts back here! It's almost December for heaven's sake! :noway:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Too late for Nov. Will there be a December?
    You bet your *kitten* there will be! Stay tuned! :bigsmile:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend! The hubby and I went on a nice walk prior to thanksgiving to get in a little bit of exercise before eating. We also both did really good on only eating a couple of bits of each thing and not going over board. For me its easier since I don't have that much room to eat a big meal these days. Last night was rough and I got sick for the third time so I didn't even fall asleep until well after 2 am which is SUPER late for me. Today I am going to relax and regain my energy. I hope everyone is proud of their November! I have my 15k in 6 days YIKES! But I am excited to at least do it! Have a great day!
  • Ginger102586
    Ginger102586 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm new to the site! I've been logging for 10 days now and I'm loving how things are going so far! Just looking to add friends and stay motivated and be able to support and motivate others! This sounds like a great forum. :-)
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Megan- Hope you are fully recovered from your cold! Awesome job not over indulging on thanksgiving, that is always a challenge!

boo boo- great job on the 6lb loss! That is such an awesome motivation :) keep it up!

abby- how was black friday shopping? You hit some amazing deals and got a lot done ! I had to work so I didn't go out for it, but i heard in my town 3 people got arrested and kicked out of walmart! Crazy.

meag- I forget what you do at your job? Hang in there girlie! I know work sometimes is such a drag, but you are doing amazing ! Keep up the goal setting, you will soon reach them all. And be proud of yourself! I know so many of us on here are proud of you for all the things you have and are accomplishing. And happy birthday! I hope you had a nice time celebrating it this weekend :)

Cynthia- congrats on the turkey trot! And a free massage and chiro !? Smidge jealous lol

AFM: I have had this new computer for about a month now...I am already about to chunk it out a window. Thus why I don't like PC. It keeps randomly changing where I type, so it took me about 30 min just to type this post. ugh

anywho, thanksgiving was a sucess (in some regards!) For anyone who watched or knows about the Football Texas Showdown, my team lost and I cried. I didn't fill myself up to the point of no return on thanksgiving food, but I did probably have too much to drink. We walked 2 miles to the game however (yep I was 20 yard line, 1st deck at the Football Texas Show Down), then stood for 4 hours...then walked another 2 miles back home. I would say I got a decent workout in lol. I know I was sore the next day,

Last night I had a heart to heart with...myself. I was looking in the mirror thinking why is this whole fitness thing so hard. I figured it out, I have been killing myself trying to imagine myself being stick thin because that is what society deams as pretty and that isn't what I want to look like. In fact, I took "before" pics last night and... I like me. I like my curves, and my butt and my boobs (most days). I really just want to drop 20lbs so that the muscle that I already have can shine through. I think that has been my problem, I had no motivation because I was afraid to lose everything that makes me, me.

Didn't wake up till 11 this morning which was wonderful and thouroughly needed! Got up went for a 30 min run, starting back the C25k, and then came home to eat a super healthy breakfast (3 egg whites, 1/2 greek yogurt with 1/4c almonds and 1tsp of pure honey) I am going to hop in the shower then run around town so I can finish up my theater portfolio and resume I have to turn in tomorrow for an educational assistant scenic designer job I am applying for.

That is all for today, hope everyone has been enjoying their weekend!!

Meghan
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!! I actually got my lazy behind out of bed this morning and made it to the gym where I perceeded to run for 30 minutes! I didn't go but 2.25 mile because I have to keep my pace really slow so that my heart rate doesn't go to high, but it still felt really good. It definitely looks like its going to take me at least 2 hours to do this 15k, but thats ok! I'm still going to do it! Just felt like sharing. Hope you ladies have a great monday!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good morning fabulous 20-somethings!
    It's Nov 28th... 3 days of this month to show November who's boss. I am game - Are you? :huh:

My weekend was full of successes and disappointments. Great race on Saturday, time and pace wise, but it felt pretty crummy to run and I did not feel overly accomplished at the end. I over-estimated my ability and ran way too hard and then burned out. Ended up walking a few times when I shouldn't have and felt worse the 2nd half than the first, which is not a good sign. My shoes are also really causing me a lot of discomfort and pain to run in, which is a huge let down since I just got them and I was hoping they'd rock my world. I need to get some new ones but I am not feeling compelled to spend another $100-150 on a pair right now given my shopping and trip planning lately.

Sunday I couldn't run at all because my feet and body were killing me. I ended up shopping for work clothes and got some great deals. Also picked up some stuff for my NOLA trip, including a hydration pack and system for my trip + my 30K training plan and race in the spring. I am way too excited to try it out :happy: And I got a great deal too. Gotta love MEC!

Food was pretty dicey this weekend and I am still definitely indulging more than I should. I drank a copious amount of beer on Sat night in celebration of my birthday (two weeks early) and binged on a lot of sweets, desserts and good stuff. Sigh. Not logging could be making me majorly lazy with regards to healthy clean eating :ohwell: We'll see how it goes.

Sorry I can't comment on all your awesomeness right now. Looks like everyone is doing well. Welcome to the newbs and hope you kick it with us into Dec and the new year :bigsmile: Stick around! Everyone else - keep posting! Definitely want to keep this group alive :wink:
    Meag
  • meagalayne
    Options
    meag- I forget what you do at your job? Hang in there girlie! I know work sometimes is such a drag, but you are doing amazing ! Keep up the goal setting, you will soon reach them all. And be proud of yourself! I know so many of us on here are proud of you for all the things you have and are accomplishing. And happy birthday! I hope you had a nice time celebrating it this weekend :)
    Meghan
    Thanks Meghan! For the birthday wishes and all else :blushing: My bday's not til Dec 11th, but I am celebrating early since I'll be out traveling on my own in NOLA for my real bday ! woot woot!!

I work in product distribution for a subsidiary of a huge public corporation. We sell informercial products, among other things, and I work in operations/logistics. We sell millions of things and I basically get those millions of things from the factories in China, to warehouses across North America, find ways and means to package them for various distributors and retail, and then eventually arrange mass shipments of them to our customers. It's a lot of moving parts, a lot of people, and a lot of time demands. In the business I work in, time is money. So breaks don't really happen, lunch is eaten in meetings when you have a minute, and if I'm not typing an email or negotiating on the phone, I'm not doing my job. It's loads of fun....

I'd wager a bet that you've seen products I've personally had a hand in shipping more than a few times in your life :wink: Wal-Mart is actually one of our biggest customers, among many smaller retailers in Canada and the US. Fun fun.

Emily - Great weekend, seems like! You made awesome choices and I'm so glad to hear you let loose, enjoyed some treats and didn't gain a lbs! Goes to show that everything is good in moderation. Nothing is "off limits" and "dieting" is just a bad fad that DOESNT work! It's alllll about lifestyle choices! Learning to cook really well and love food has been my biggest resource on this journey, despite how much anxiety is can bring me some days. Knowing about food and what it can do for your body, instead of fearing it, is a great place to start! So rock on with your fab self and congrats! You deserve to feel good about your choices! :bigsmile:

AFM - Spin after work today was AWESOME. Carl is one seriously bad-*kitten* spin instructor and he kicks my butt every single time. I was actually pushing myself so hard today I maxed out the tension on my bike and couldn't pedal any more. I had to jump on the pedals and lower the tension to get myself moving again lol... and of course, he saw me and laughed. But I think he recognized that I was really giving her and I gained some spin-cred. We shared a knowing nod a few times throughout the class. It was all good! I also burned a stupid amount of calories for a spin class :bigsmile: Woot woot! Love it!

Work was, well, work today. I managed to successfully meet 2 of 3 goals I set for today. Aiming for all 3 tomorrow, including an EARLY morning run at the gym. It's supposed to rain and rain and rain the next few days so I'm going to suck it up and run on the TM tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

Hope y'all are doing great. Keep on trekking. It's almost month's end! :heart:
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Finally able to post these holidays are wacky sometimes!

Thanks ladies the Turkey Trot was fun and yes free massage/chiro adjustment AMAZING!! Thanks Meag it was fun and that was the only pic we took :ohwell:

Abby All that shopping sounds exhausting but glad you were able to get most of your shopping done and purchase your treadmill which is being delivered woohoo how exciting!! :smile:

Meag Amazing job on your 8k and the early b-day celebration! I have a b-day in dec as well Sag girls!! Sounds like you spin was an awesome workout glad the instructor showed up and kicked your butt!! :tongue:

Megan great job getting out and running and regardless of how long it takes you running the 15k thats an accomplishment whether you run or walk or run/walk especially being prego, just be safe which Im sure you definitely are and hope you feel better is that morning sickness?? :flowerforyou:

Meghan I totally understand where you are coming from, it nice to see that you are accepting of yourself and have realistic goals despite being so busy with everything you have going on, keep kicking some *kitten*, I too started with C25K and those last few weeks can be tougher but hang in there pace yourself!! Your breakfast sounds yummy btw!! And all that walking 4plus miles is definitely a walk! :happy:

Emily ITALY, man that sounds amazing hope you can make that trip happen and tells us all about it!! Congrats on maintaing especially through Turkey day!! We all slack off in exercise it seems easier during this time of year keep pushing!! :wink:

Saturday I did my bootcamp which was mainly kickboxing/sparring and ended up being paired up with the instructor since there was an odd # of students but was great because I was able to really practice on hitting correctly and boy it felt amazing but my forearms are super sore, might have gotten carried away lol! Saturday night I went out to check out this new lounge that I want to spend my b-day at next month and drank way too much!

Sunday HORRIBLE hangover I mean definitely one of the worst I wanted to die but I managed to wake up and still walk 3.75 miles I think that was possible because I might have still be intoxicated because the hangover didn't begin till hours later lasting till 11pm last night! i rarely drink more than two and that night I believe I was at 4 or so drinks... Felt like absolute $*** :sick:

Monday muccch better day went to my bootcamp and we focused on upper body strength circuit training and I had a chicken tamale from a co-worker and decided I need to run since I had not run since Thursday knocked out 7 miles and boy was it a great run, why couldn't the Trot be like that... :ohwell: i also managed to squeeze in 4 sets of stairs total of 48 stories climbed up and down, by far one of the best workouts in a while! Plan on running tomorrow have two days to complete my 100 miles for the month, short 1.5 so it'll be cake! Thats it for me until tomorrow ladies and back to regular posting, have a great Tuesday and continue to kick some *kitten* two more days left! Good night! Cynthia!! :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Love the new pic Cynthia! Is that you on the right? You both look great! And the headband is adorable :bigsmile:
    When's your birthday darling? We should e-celebrate! haha! I'm majorly big on birthdays and take every possible opportunity to celebrate them. I usually throw big parties, make a big deal of everything, and go pretty much nuts. My birthday is always the best day of my year. I refuse to have a bad day on mine and this year is no different. I am sure it'll be amazing!

I went to the gym this morning to get my run in because it was pouring. I almost never run on the TM but it was just way way way too rainy outside, even for me. Definitely dangerous. I did a tempo run on the TM, increasing my speed every minute up to 7.5mph. It was a great workout. Quick and very sweaty.

Hope y'all have a great day! Make it count! :heart:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Meghan - Glad your thanksgiving was a success.....sorry about the football loss though!! And I hear ya about not wanting to lose your curves....I dont want to be stick thin either...I think my ideal would be a nice size 6!! And wtg on starting C25K again...thats exciting!!

Meag - glad to hear that your race went well (not that I had any doubts :tongue: ) Even if it didnt feel as good as you would have hoped..your time and pace were still awesome!! Your spin class sounds like it went great...and wonderful that you earned yourself some spin-cred!!

Emily - soo happy you got to spend some quality time with your family...thats always my favorite part of the holidays!! Good work with the food over the weekend too!! Its so hard when your going out and around lots a family....so give yourself more credit! And great attitude about getting your workouts back on track...its hard once you stop for a couple days.

Cynthia - Let me start by saying how impressed I am with you for getting up and walking with a hangover!! I would never do that. Your bootcamp class sounds like soo much fun...maybe I should look into finding one of those around me. And your running on top of boot camp?? That is soo amazing!! You ladies all inspire me so much!!

AFM - The new treadmill came yesterday...we had already gone on a shorter trail run in the AM, so I didnt run on it yet...but me and the boyfriend had to lugg the 250+lb box up our stairs and then down stairs into the basement.....including the assembly the whole process took over 3 hours and it was 10pm when we finished. I am sore and bruised from the carrying. So no time or energy for me to give it a whirl last night. But its first on my agenda for tonight after work. But its looks great and has lots of awesome features on it!! And is just in time, my running has been slacking this month!! Trying to get back on track with running in december. And hopefully I can use the treadmill for some tempo and distance runs!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello there Lovelies!! Just checking in to let you know that I have not fallen off the face of the earth!! My new boss has me switching jobs at work so the new workload on top of the stuff that hasn't been passed on yet has me way stretched out at work.

My Thanksgiving was busy but nothing close to what I'm used to. I didn't have either one of my kids and since my parents moved to Arizona in July, my brother and roamed the streets and ended up at four different houses. It was nice to spend time with all of them and I was completely grateful for all of them opening their homes to us. I was originally worried that we weren't gonna have anywhere to go. And I was pleasantly surprised with myself...I did not overindulge, did not eat at every house, and only had a few bites of carrot cake. I weighed in Friday morning and was down 1.5 pounds. Double checked it again on Monday morning and the results were the same. I'm hoping that the busy-ness at work will keep me from snacking. Had every intention of heading to the gym tonight for an hour of kickboxing and an hour of hula but my daughter had a meltdown at daycare today so that needed to be handled. I'm actually super tired but was still looking forward kicking some *kitten*!! Hopefully next week will work out better. I don't know that my weigh in will be as successful this week but we shall see!!

Meag and Cynthia - we should definitely have a party for our birthdays cause mine is the 16th and it will be my dirty 30. However, I will not be having my party until January because I refuse to compete with everyone's Christmas parties. I want everyone there!!
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Sorry for not posting yesterday ladies I will be on here later today after work I fell asleep before 10:30pm which is not normal had to take my pup to the emergnc vet but long story short he's perfect now thankfully hope you all have a great hump day :)! Cynthia
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Lovelies!

Emily - Thanksgiving was definitely nothing close to what I'm used to but I sure can't complain either. Hula is soooo much fun!! :bigsmile: And I love doing it after kickboxing cause its such soothing music and usually an awesome dance but still a great burn. I always feel it in my legs. Glad you were able to check everything off of your list.

Cynthia - glad to hear the pup is doing better now!

Abby - sounds like putting the treadmill together was a workout in itself. I am sure you are gonna have a great first run on it though.

Meag - hope you're having a great day!!

Quote of the day - "If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." ~Mary Pickford
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Emily - I hate treamills too!! But with my crazy work schedule (2-14hour shifts and a 12hour shift each week) I have a hard time running outside, especially now that it gets dark soo early. So I really needed it to keep myself on track...I will still run outside every possible chance I get though!! It sounds like you had a fun but tough new workout...and kudos to you for trying something new!!

Guam - Congrats on the weight loss and on surviving the thanksgiving craziness without over doing it! Hoopefully your work will ease up for you soon! Although I agree that sometimes the business can stop you from snacking!!

AFM- First trial on the treadmill went well...I did interval runs going from 6.0mph up to 7.2mph. I forgot how boring it is though!! Will still be running outside everychance I can get, but need this too to help keep my running on track. Since it is also the last day of November, I should say that I did well on my goals this months...increased my fruit/veggies drastically!! Used to only have 2-3 servings a day now I have at least 4 and usually 5-6!! I did stay under cals every day this month, even thanksgiving. ANd I have done the best I can with keeping up with my running...been hard with it getting dark earlier and the change in my schedule.

Hope everyone is having a great week and looking forward to Decembers Challenge!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hola chicas! It's already the end of the month at 11pm and I just crawled into bed with my lap top, a book, and a cup of tea. Posting the new challenge shortly, devouring a few chapters to try and work on my own personal goals, and then hitting the hay!

Very sorry that I have been soooo absent the past week or two. Life has just been way busy, stressful and plain miserable and finding balance outside of MFP has been a priority. I know you all understand :happy: And I am so grateful for having all of you in my life!

One of my goals for next month will be to do a better job of keeping up with all your successes! Reading about how well you're all doing kicking some major *kitten* always perks me up on those really sucky days. I will post the link to our new challenge thread promptly. Get on board and tell all your friends :bigsmile:

Much love ladies and way to rock it this month. You all continue to inspire and motivate me every day. :heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Andddd December is on!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/409769-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-december-challenge-take-2

Please make your way over there, post your progress + goals, and let's do this thing right!

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

The pup is fine he ate part of the blanket and obviously it's not digestible and thankfully the ($) damage wasn't too bad!! :smile:

Meag Yes that is me on the right! Thanks the headband is from Target 10 bucks I always wear it now! E-Celebrate sounds awesome lol I love my b-day too but sucks because I have to plan around and celebrate around peoples holiday plans since it falls a couple days before christmas!!! great job running at a fast pace 7.5 wowsers thats me sprinting all out lol. Im vertically challenged too lol And thanks for posting the new thread will post my new goals tomorrow, despite with everything going on you have been consistent logging and posting and doing an excellent job with the whole stressful job situation i think you're doing great and not logging food sheesh thats great, I know my time for not logging will be sometime next year because I want to trust my self and choices that I make. Hope your horrible headache has disappeared and you have a great Thursday "Friday" :) and get a good workout after work!! Woohoo to a short week for you!! :drinker:

Abby Thanks! BTW I do the bootcamp 4xs/week and run 3-4 xs it's a bit challenging because of the early morning wake up but I feel great after and Im finally starting to notice definition in my arms, back and just overall strength, I would honestly recommend everyone to try this marine bootcamp once at least, it kicks your *kitten* but shows you how to properly weight train as well since there is circuit training and kickboxing too. Glad you enjoyed the new treadmill thats awesome your very own treadmill, they can be boring but maybe some great music which Im sure you already have but it's nice to know you have that as a back up method if you can't run in the night or if it's too cold or rainy! Good job with your goals especially the fruits/veggies and staying under your calories, keep it up you'll rock December!! :wink:

Bethany great job losing 1.5 lbs that great especially during this time of year!! We should celebrate our b-days or e-celebrate like Meag suggested!! Thats a good idea celebrating your b-day next month after all the festivities so you're not competing with anyone, Im just so impatient I don't even like celebrating too early or late because then mentally it doesn't feel like it's my b-day lol!! Good luck next week in getting your workouts in!! :happy:

Emily thanks the Pup is doing better! And the bootcamp/kickboxing/circuit training is very similar to what you did today we usually do those drills 3xs per week and then spar/kickboxing once per week, this class is held in a MMA studio but is not competitive at all since it's not actually kickboxing or MMA training but incorporates those techniques, fun class for sure and definitely an *kitten* kicker, you might be sore tomorrow but just stretch out those toxins but hope your not sore!! :wink:

AFM I ran 2 miles only yesterday i was in pain from the day before with bootcamp/running my 7 miles/stairs, so i decided to take it easy.

Wed. I ran 5 miles and beat my 100 mile goal by 5.5 miles so 105.5 miles total WOOHOO barely reached but I did it. I need to look back at my goals but Im pretty sure i kept up with 85-90% of them!! Going to start and read Eat pray Love tonight needed something good! Hope it is!! I would like to train for a 1/2 Marathon for either April or sometime around that time of year but do want to start a general 14 weeks training plan and modify as I need to, not set in stone if I will train this coming month or wait for Jan. since bootcamp will be over then! i also will be taking some nutrition classes beginning next year that the trainer at the studio is offering need more details first though! Plan on running tomorrow in the early morning at the trail and have plans to celebrate a co-workers bday with some Pakistani food can't wait!! I feel like I forgot something to post but If I did and do remember I will be back here asap, if not until tomorrow evening ladies have a great Thursday and enjoy the first day of DECEMBER!! Can't believe it!!! I will post my new goals like I mentioned above^^^ tomorrow!! Good night ladies!! :bigsmile: Cynthia
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Just remembered lol I ran 8 miles Thursday one of the goals I wash;t sure Id complete and although it was all running it was broken up in two sets with one being 1.8 for the turkey trot warm-up and the other 6.2 miles for the 10k all in all 8 miles shooting for 9next month I think lol Ill post tomorrow Ok Good night for reals this time!! :yawn: