Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-November 2011

Options

Replies

• heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Still pregnant. I had lots of contractions last night that kept me awake most of the night. I'm gonna try and stay active today despite the tiredness and clean and then walk. Tomorrow the plan is to rest all day!

One suggestion I'd like to make to all of you (mostly the first time mommies)...I've learned a valuable lesson through all of this and that is your plans mean nothing. The baby will come when they are ready. I logically knew this, but I don't think I accepted it. I started to try and do things to coax her out at about 38 weeks and here I am at 41 weeks and still pregnant. The average first time pregnancy is 41wks 1day...so unless you plan on getting induced, please just expect 41 or 42 weeks and that way if baby comes before then you will be greatly surprised instead of disappointed because they are not here before 40wks! Just my words of wisdom for the day :)

Hope you all are having an awesome, productive week so far! Get your sweat on, eat that nutritious food for your baby...and be the awesome fit and fabulous women I know you are! :)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi gals!!

Sorry I've been MIA...it's hard for me to post every day. I've been doing really well...got in a nice run/jog/walk last night and some yoga! Goals this week are:
    yoga-3 times
    strength/cardio-3 times
    run/jog/walk-when weather allows

Have a great day ladies!!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Morning all, starting to feel really fatigued again...mornings are getting super hard...harder than usual lol. I'm 26 weeks this Thursday, 14 + weeks to go. Mason is kicking up a storm this morning and being really active, it was the same story last night at around 11:00 ;) My husband played some music on his phone and put it to my belly and it was funny it kind of calmed him down I think, we played him really slow soft songs - it was neat.

So I didn't end up doing my work out last night :frown: but I don't really feel too bad because I got to see one of my dear friends who was gone traveling for the last 9 months, she hasn't even seen me pregnant. We've been close friends since grade 7 so it was really great to see her again and catch up :smile:

I'm still waiting to hear back from the birthing centre and getting a little anxious about it, I think I'm going to call this morning to follow up...I'm not the most patient person! Lol, I just want to know if they even have a spot for me and if not I can continue my search and see what other options I have...

Anyway, tonight the plan is to get a workout in at home whether it be a yoga dvd or the spin bike and then work on clearing out the rest of the spare room and cleaning it up to get ready for the furniture to come on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! :flowerforyou:
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Heather- That's so true!

Aimee- I would say most of us have a preferance but what we all just really want is a healthy and happy baby and mom duo! I have to be careful about reading too much aswell or I get freaked out.

kistinbee- Good work on staying active!

Rayna- I hope they have a spot for you and you don't have to continue looking. Hoping for good news :)

AFM- Not much has changed today just trying to be as active as my back will let me be. Hope everyone has a great day!

Amanda
    11W5D
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am feeling a litte tired from yesterday's workout. I haven't really ran in a while besides long walks and I think it was a bit too much because now my pelvic bone is hurting. I haven't had that in a while. So maybe today I will just walk like I should've yesterday too.
    I'll do some light weights for my arms and that's it.

Heather- I don't think you could've said it any better. Our bodies know exactly what they are doing. That's why I believe so many mommies are being induced which then leads to C-section. Once you get to the hospital they want labor to be on a time schedule. Does NOT happen that way. However, I'm glad to hear you're having contractions. This is a good sign. Either way baby will be here this week :)

Aimee- when I got pregnant this time around, I remember people around me saying they hoped I'd have a girl because I already have a 12 year old son. I didn't want a girl either. However, after our scare early on, I remember thinking, I'm sorry, I ever thought this way. All I want is baby to be healthy. I did get my wish and got another boy which is GREAT but I would've taken whatever would've came. For me its personal issues and the fact that all I know is a boy, plus its been a long long time for me. :) I hope everything turns out great for you. No matter what he/she is. :D

Rayna- I'm sorry you're mornings suck. With my back issues, mornings are not good either. I feel so limited because I am in pain. So I understand. As for the center, I'm SUPER excited to hear what they have to say. :D Yay!!! Can't wait.

Elce 28W2D
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I hear ya Rayna. I am 29.5 weeks and am starting to get tired again like I was first tri. However my exhaustion typically hits around 7 or at least did last night. When I sat down to eat at 7:30 I thought I may fall asleep after dinner. I was able to make it till almost 11 but fell asleep almost immediately. I may not have eaten enough for lunch which could have been the culprit. I got some walking in yesterday - to run work errands and also after work with my husband, his God son and our doggie so managed about 45 minutes of slowish walking. Tonight I plan on some strength and then some treadmill action.

Heather, well said and good attitude. I am a big time planner and I know I will be getting anxious to meet our baby once it gets so close. Not only to see her but also completing this whole cycle of birth. We plan and prepare and when the time comes I know I will want her to be come quickly. An we can't control that, short of induction. I hope she comes by herself before Thursday, but it sounds like you are prepared for whatever happens.

I just had a stupid hormonal thing happen to me. I work at an engineering firm and we have a huge printer that takes 36" long rolls of paper that are quite heavy. Pre-preggo I would cary them up the steps and reload the paper myself b/c the idiot men I work with are too lazy to refill paper. Today all 3 rolls were out so I was determined I would use the cart and wheel the paper up the elevator and then leave a nasty note about how a pregnant person had to refill all of the paper so thanks for your help. I got busted by one of the Admins and she made me stop. It makes sense b/c they probably each weigh 20 pounds or more and are awkward to manage and when I got down to it, I most likely would have asked for help anyways. But knowing that I cound't do this brought me to tears literally. The frustration of people not being responsible and then knowing there are things I just can't do, it was too much apparently. I'm fine now and even laughed at myself as I am typically not overly emotional. Just my hormone story for the day. I haven't had many emotional outbursts like that.

Hope you're all having a great day!

-Ashley
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Heather- We're still cheering you on! Yes, it is true. I think it works differently on our bodies also. I was 17 when I had my first, & the pregnancy was easy, labor was easy TG, and I was due 7/12, but he was here 6/22. I think the Dr's miscalculated my due date or it was all the walking I did home from school. But in the end when the baby is ready that's the time. I am just crossing my fingers I go full term with this pregnancy so my S/T disability covers the 12 weeks I'll be off.

Kristen-keep up the good work, I applaud that you are still running.

Rayna- I feel tired too, more than usual. I couldn't get up this morning and slept in. I get to bring my furniture home too. I won't be setting it up just yet because I do plan on keeping the baby right next to my bed for the first months or so in a bassinet.

Amanda-Take it easy, hope you feel better from your back pain.

Ashley-Awww it's ok, some times those hormones kick in quickly. But it's for a very good reason that you cannot lift heavy paper right now!!

Elce- I can relate, earlier this yr I had an ectopic pregnancy (lost my left ovary) right after Christmas, it was so emotionally draining. I kept thinking will I be able to have Children again & here I am with this lil blessed one growing & my hope is for the baby to be healthy.

Last night:
    I did a 15 min shoulder & chest opening yoga dvd last night and felt exhausted. I was planning on walking with the hubby but I got home late from work & he had already gone. :noway:

Have a good day!

~Brenda~ 25 weeks today.
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Morning Everyone! So far behind but going to try to catch-up and comment a little.

Ashley: I too DISLIKE how early it is dark out. It is really difficult to motivate oneself to do much of anything. And that chair you found looks awesome! I can't believe the price! Hope it works out!

Heather: Sorry to hear you are unfortunately being subject to the opinions of people that don't have a right to share their opinion. You have every right to want and to work toward a natural birth. As Rayna has mentioned, pregnancies can go post-date up to two weeks based on simple doctor error in calculations. And if no medical conditions have presented themselves in your situation, you shouldn't be pressured to alter your desires. Hang in there and know that we are supporting you in whatever you feel is right for you. Keep dancing though. If nothing else, it will continue to keep your spirits high! So excited to hear things are progressing!!

babeed854: Hopefully the workload gets better soon.

♥Rayna♥: Yay for a great doctor appt. But poo that the doc makes you feel rushed. I ditto nkster781. Put an official birth plan together that you can force the doc to pay attention to. Hopefully that will help to slow things down at your next appt. Good luck with the birthing center and the glucose screening.

taldie01: Try not to focus too much on the poundage. If you're eating well and exercising regularly, then you're healthy and baby is healthy, and at the end of the day that should be all that matters. Don't get discouraged. Keep up the great work and you will see that it will pay off after baby is born and your body responds.

jennamom: Can't say I've experienced any BH contractions. Hopefully it was just too much going on and needing food/drink. Thats one of the items they covered in our first Lamaze class last night. Sounds like you did exactly what the nurse suggested. Stay healthy.

ofccat: Awesome job. So motivating!

svgarcia: Congrats!

atynk: CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's beautiful!

Kristy: Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! And great job on the shopping. And if you don't get to check in again, have a great time on your upcoming trip.

kimmers99: I actually chose not to get the flu shot. I am due January 10, so also right in the middle of flu season. I've never gotten the flu shot, and although my doctor suggested that I should, I have a hard time with the idea of injecting myself with a virus. I don't like to take medicine for anything though. I guess I am a little too paranoid about the possibility of the vaccine causing something negative to happen. It might not be founded on any real rhyme or reason, but I haven't been able to bring myself to get one yet.

Misti: So exciting to hear that you're going to get to experience a 3D! Hopefully you can upload some pics for us to see!

emrogers: Vent whenever you feel you need! Its easy to feel this way. Not only because we have so much going on in our lives right now, but our hormones don't help. Try a breathing techniques. Take a few moments for yourself and remember that the most important things in life are not making sure that you have everything done exactly as you want it. Life is imperfect.

Amanda: So sorry to hear about your back! And keep your spirits up about the tests. Sending positive thoughts your way.

AFM: I will try to keep this as short a post a possible, but there is a lot to update
    *Had a doctor's appt last week. Everything looks great. I'm measuring right on the mark. I'm 32 weeks today, and I'm only up 13 lbs my entire pregnancy. I was overweight when I became pregnant, so I fell in the 15-25lb weight gain bracket and I am thus far on track. I COULD be happier with my activity and eating habits, and am as always determined to improve. Possibly 8 weeks left for me to keep myself getting progressively healthier. I am excited because the doctor, my husband and I will be discussing our birth plan at our December visit and I have recently found out that my hospital is more open to birthing options than I expected it to be. I won't have to labor in a bed. I can bring in candles and relaxation tools. They won't force medical monitoring the entire labor unless there is concern for baby. Something that didn't make me real happy was finding out that my doctor won't necessarily be the doctor to deliver my baby. The 11 doctors on staff are rotating. Would have been nice to know sooner, but I will take a more relaxed laboring setting to having my doctor at my side. I trust that the doctors are all quite capable and they will respect the birth plan that my doctor and I put together. If not, I'm not afraid to raise hell in the hospital when I go in to deliver. :wink:
    *My husband and I took a breastfeeding class last week and our first Lamaze class (1of3) last night. We have really enjoyed all of the classes thus far. All have been really informational. Its nice that my husband has the opportunity to learn these things with me and we get to embrace the experience together. Btw, it isn't just our board that is girl heavy. The Lamaze class last night, of 15 pregnancies, 13 were girls, 1 boy, and then there was us. I'm going to say the odds are we are also having a girl, but I will be letting you all know in the next couple of months....
    *Hubby and I have picked baby names finally:
    Girl-Tiziana Daniella Flores
    Boy-Massimo Biagio Flores
    *Feeling so blessed after our baby shower on Sunday. Cannot believe the love and generosity shared by all our family and friends. Quite literally, we were gifted everything we could need/want. I am amazed. It was a great party, but it was a lot of work. Always worth seeing and sharing with everyone. The entire weekend was devoted to prepping for the party. My mom hosted in her house and my mom and I did the cooking for about 60 people. We love to cook, so it was an awesome experience to share with her.
    *Baby was making me feel like I had a little alien inside me last night. The way my belly was rolling and moving was so precious. I can't (and can) wait to meet him/her. Time is going so quickly and yet not fast enough. I can only image how Heather feels.
    I think this is a quick update of everything. I will post again for anything else I am bursting to share.

Goals this week:
    Walk 5 x
    Yoga 2 x
    Strength 2x
    Dine out 1x

Hope everyone has an amazing day!
    Rosanna
    32 weeks, 0 days
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this is the longest week ever! I have my 9 week ultrasound on Thursday and I'm anxious to hear the hearbeat and see the little peanut! I've been having side pains and it's freaking me out a bit... I know there is ligament pain w/ pregnancy (had it with my first) but I thought it was only after you get bigger... anybody else have that issue in your first trimester?

So doing okay with exercise... 5:45 sure feels early though, I find myself passing out on the couch at 8:30. Diet is not so great... eating out ALOT and not making the best choices. Are you ladies stayin on maintenence calories in the first trimester and adding a couple hundred in the second? or do you add them right away?
    I'm around 2,100 a day by the time I eat my exersise calories.

Also, wondering if anyone has any experience w/ VBAC? I'm planning on it for this pregnancy because my recovery was terrible from my C-section... the doctor was sloppy and stapled me back up and my wound didn't close completely for weeks. Got a new doctor this time...
    When I met w/ the nurse practitioner, she kindof acted like VBAC is a large and (maybe I was being sensative) selfish choice... I know there are risks both ways and the medical professionals are going to opt for c-section b/c it's less liability for them... but I'd like some strait facts and stats to make my decision.
    The fact that I had a C-section w/ Max was a fluke in the first place... everything was normal, until his heartrate went down 3 hours into induced labor. They stopped contractions and did a c-section. I'm still convinced I should've been able to wait at least another couple of days to go into natural labor, but my doctor (former doctor) was convinced that he would be too big if we waited... he was 8lbs 10oz ... not that big.
    Sorry for the novel, but I'm really torn on this VBAC decision and i would love to hear about people's experiences.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ashley- How funny, I thought my job was the only one w/lazy men. ;)

rosanna- LOVE the names and I might be a little biased, my fathers side is Flores ;)

Luna- I can sooo relate. Had my first when I was 17 as well and I think that's why I had such an easy labor too. We'll see this time around. I have been a little scared because I figured since I'm older now that it would be different but midwife claims it won't. Let's hope she's right!!

Misti- I LOVE to see the 3D pics. Hubby is being over protective, since ours had to have extra US's he says he doesn't want to expose him anymore. I'm hoping to convince him otherwise, a little later. ;)

jennamom- I haven't experienced BH's but they sound awful. I experience a lot of pelvic pain and hip issues, which suck on their own. :( Hopefully, upping your water intake will help some. Maybe. At this point for me its like whatever works!

stellcorb- I haven't had a C-section but I will tell you from two different opinions that I've heard. One was with my OB before I transferred to midwife. He let all his patients labor, unless they told him otherwise. In his opinion, it was less risk that way. However, like you said, some doctors do do it because its less liability to cut you open. My midwife, who I'm with now, also lets mom's labor after c-sections, when we met her she told the crowd touring that she's had several mommies give birth naturally after c-section with no problems at all. My first was natrual VB with no meds and I was up in a few hours, ready to shower, etc. I don't know any other way to do it, if that makes any sense and c-section to me is major surgery. I applaud you for taking control and knowing what you want. Obviously, you are doing your research and are not putting you or baby at risk. I wish you luck and hope you can do it!!!!
  • jennamom
    jennamom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging words...luckliy I haven't been having any more crazy BH contractions! I have a doc appt tomorrow so I can update him on what's been happening and hopefully it's nothing to worry over besides getting more fluids and rest.

Ashley: I love to take walks in the dark with my family, especially this time of year when all the Christmas lights go up!

Heather: Stay positive and that little one will be here so soon you'll forget any worries you or anyone else had :-)

stynk: congrats, what a beautiful baby!!

kimmers99: I took my 2 year old to the pediatrician last week and was severely scolded for not getting my flu shot yet. I asked my primary physician when I first became pregnant if I should get one, and she said to wait til after I have the baby. At the urging of my son's pediatricin I am going to ask my OBGYN for his opinion and then go from there.

AFM: I think I lost a pound since my appt two weeks ago. Happy about that since I wanted to slow down the weight gain and not go crazy with fast food like I had been. I DO need to get back in the groove of going for walks, cause my rear end is looking a little junky.

What are everyone's thoughts on baby showers for the second baby? I am having a girl this time and have NOTHING for her. I have been a little bummed the last couple days because I am beginning to realize since all my friends have moved in the last year I have no one to throw me a shower...and I guess no one to really attend one, either! I guess I should just be grateful for the fabulous one I had the first time around and resolve to do all my own shopping.

Goals this week:
    Pilates 4x
    Walk 4x
    LOTS of water!
    Healthy Calories

~Jenna, 31 weeks
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh my, after being gone for a week I am sooooo behind! Rather than try to catch up, I will just let you know what we've been up to and then get back in sync. Ellie had her two month check up about a week and a half ago, she is in the 95th percentile for both height and weight, which makes me happy to know she is getting everything she needs from breastfeeding! Ellie and I spent the last week in Ohio visiting her great grandmothers (one is 88, the other 91) and other extended family. Ellie was an absolute rock star traveler! We didn't get much in the way of working out, but did eat nice and healthy. I did run through the Chicago airport yesterday as our connecting flight was re-routed (one hour flight turned into three and a half hours) and got to the gate with two minutes to spare! I am sure I was a site running across the airport hauling Ellie in her car seat ;-) We did get in a four mile run this morning and then three walks with the dogs - yes, you read that right, three walks with the dogs today!!

Goals for the week - two more runs and daily dog walking plus arms and abs. Tomorrow will be four weeks now that I've been cleared for exercise and I am planning to bump my running mileage and add a run day, so I may get in a fourth run this week.

Andrea, Brooke is adorable! Congratulations to you!

Heather, great job with staying positive. It seems like the more we want our little ones to come, the longer they like to stay nice and comfy in our bodies. Keep moving and filling yourself with yummy, nutritious foods. It will help so much with the labor and delivery process.

Oh, also wanted to share that my 91 year old grandmother is working out and doing yoga three days a week. It was too cute to see her showing me some of her yoga moves!! Such an inspiration to see at her age.

Wishing everyone a great week with healthy eating and great, sweaty workouts!

Holly
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! Man, am I way WAY behind!!!

Workload is still crazy but I count my blessings every day that I have another day of OT, especially since DH hasn't found any employment yet. We've both began to noticed that with my work load increase that not only am I more physically tired but mentally as well. And oh boy if these hormones havent' been in full gear lately!! Comes with the territory I guess?

Attending the TWILIGHT Breaking Dawn Midnight Showing tomorrow night!! SUPER DUPER excited!! I'm sure I'll be the only pregnant woman in line with a bunch of teenagers :laugh: but it's a tradition that hubby and I have had since the very first movie came out and I'm not going to break it now! :smooched:

Doctors apt is on Monday and I'm anxious to hear what he'll say. I'm not showing that the scale has increased, but my appetite sure has- so hopefully he'll say that I haven't lost any additional weight and that I'm on the right track.

Miss all of you dearly, and I promise to try to stay more on top of the boards!! ((hugs)) :flowerforyou:
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    morning all...hope everyone is doing really well. I am going to do my homework and re read all the past posts because i have definitely been a slacker. life has officially caught up with me. work has been nuts and that whole nutty october storm just set me back. but no more excuses...its time to get back on track and focus - and a way to do that is to be active on this post again!!!

heather...i have to say you look amazing. i would kill for your arms right now (i seriously need to up my exercises!!)! And your right...she will come when she is ready. My yoga instructor was saying that having an open mind going into your last couple weeks is so key because its really nature that takes its course. she will be here soon - how exciting!!!!

for me...i have been a bit of a downer lately. i am trying really hard not to stress out a lot about it...but i have gained more weight than i would like. i have been exercising, but not every day - i have been eating well, but not as good as i should. i just feel really defeated right now and like i am failing. i had a dr.s apt this past monday and he said that hes not worried about my weight...but i feel like the number is just out of control. i had set a goal for myself to only gain a max of 35 lbs and i am slowly creeping up on that number - and i am 26 weeks!!!! i know i am the only one who can control what i eat and how active i am...but its been a lot harder than i thought and there is literally a fear inside of me with the holidays coming up. i normally gain weight in the winter time because of how cold/dark/gloomy it is outside and and is the LAST thing i need to do...gain the 'un-needed' weight. ...sorry for the rant...its just been on my mind and i know i have to change a number of things. and dont get me wrong...the baby weight gain is wonderful...i know that is bound to happen...i just feel like i am gaining unnecessary weight and thats not settling well with me :cry:
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Attending the TWILIGHT Breaking Dawn Midnight Showing tomorrow night!! SUPER DUPER excited!! I'm sure I'll be the only pregnant woman in line with a bunch of teenagers :laugh: but it's a tradition that hubby and I have had since the very first movie came out and I'm not going to break it now! :smooched:

So exciting!! I'll be in Washington with my BFF and one of her other friends is renting the theater Friday morning so I'll be watching it then. I can't wait! :) Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of the movies because I think the actors suck. However, I LOOOOVED the books so it's a must that I go see the movies. :) Luckily the production of the movies has gotten better over time. Not to mention, Jacob is sure nice to look at. ;) hehe

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything is going well so far. I'm up about 14 pounds at 21wks 5days so I don't think that's TOO bad. A little more than I would have liked at this point, but I'm not too worried about it. I have another ultrasound scheduled for December 7th and my glucose test is December 13th. My blood pressure was still pretty good so the meds are doing their job so far. I'm on the lowest dosage of Methyldopa so hopefully they don't have to increase it later on.

Heather, I had a dream about you last night. Haha! I dreamed you went into labor and had Charlee before induction so hopefully you do. :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Good morning hot mamas. Busy board, let me see if I can cover everyone.

Rosanna - I hear you on the alien. I sit and watch my belly all the time. It is a bit freaky but very cool to see it warp.

Stellcorb - Friday will be here before you know it! Good luck with your VBAC endeavors.

Jennamom - I have heard that 2nd babies typically don't get showers, but I know several years ago my girlfriends threw one for our friend that had a girl and then a boy. There were only about 8-10 of us and it was pretty low key but she was able to get some stuff and we all got to get together. So hopefully you have some friends or family that want to throw you a shower!

Holly - Sounds like Ellie is doing awesome, as are you! I can't believe she is 2 months old already. I love that your 91 year old gma still is doing yoga. That is great. And your running sounds awesome as well.

Badbeed - Sorry work is crazy but I'm with you, thankful to have a job. I work in site design and development and needless to say the economy has taken its toll of those in my field. My husband and I have the same profession so the fact we are both still employed is a blesssing. I hope your husband finds work soon and that your OT keeps up (iif you want it to). Oh, and you're totally a dork for all the Twilight stuff. :wink: One of my BFFs takes movie openeing day off work and she is 36. I tell her she is a dork too.

Jchecca - Glad to see you back and sorry you're feeling down. It sucks to see the scale go up. I have never seen the number on the scale I see right now. But it is all for a good cause! Plus by making even partial effort at being healthy now, you are setting yourself up for an easier time to get back in shape after the baby comes.

Heather - You look fabulous! I hope Charlee makes her debut today! And if not you will be a real life official Mom tomorrow. That is awesome. Good luck with everything. I'll be thinking of you all.

AFM, I had a great workout last night. It was the first time I really utilized the gym for an entire workout. We got our TV mounted over the weekend so I got to enjoy Toddlers and Tiara and Millionaire Matchmaker on the treadmill. I can see myself spending lots of time there. It was so nice to be able to come straight home, see Eric, get my workout in and be home already. Not having to pack a gym bag, deal with traffic, park (and pay for it), etc. was a relief so I am happy with my choice to quit the gym. This is the first time I have run on a treadmill in probably 4-5 months and been able to monitor my speed and I have gotten SLOW! I am still proud of myself for still running at almost 30 weeks and hope to keep it up as long as I can. I'm only running once a week as it does take its toll on my body. I sat with a heating pad on my lower back for an hour last night and its still a little sore although less so than last week's run. Also running on the mill allows me to keep my heart rate consistent (no hills) so I was able to run 10 minute long intervals instead of 5-7. All in all, very good experience.

My husband also got our changing table stripped last night so I'll be painting it this weekend. We went ahead and registered for a crib so we will see if we receive that at our shower in 2 weeks and if not hopefully we'll purchase that and a rocker soon and then the nursery should be filled; with furniture at least. I can't wait to have the nursery done if for no other reason than to see how it all turns out.

Question: When did any of you all do maternity shots? I googled it last night and it looks like most people do it early in the 3rd tri because of swelling fear in pics, etc. I am trying to schedule mine at 33-34 weeks. I hope I can get someone being so close to the holidays.

I officially wrote a book. HOpe you all have a great day! I may check in later but have my test tomorrow so may not do my daily morning check in tomorrow.

-Ashley
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    smilegirl: Wonderful to hear how well you and Ellie are doing. How amazing to have such a source of motivation like a grandmother doing yoga. Hope I can be that for someone one day. Thanks for the update!

jennamom: Glad to hear you're doing better.

stellcorb: I think its wonderful that you are informing yourself as to your options for your second birth experience. I can't understand how the nurse could insinuate it to be a selfish decision. How easily people forget that our bodies were designed and have performed in a very special way to bring children into this world. If for whatever reason you are deemed high risk and there are safety concerns for a VBAC delivery, then I would reconsider, but if this pregnancy continues to be a healthy one and you are low risk, there shouldn't be any reason you cannot have a VBAC. My understanding is that there is little reason why a woman cannot have a VBAC. My cousin did, and she and baby were both perfect.

babeed854: Have fun at the movie tonight!

jchecca: While easier said than done, and I know we all pay attention to the number, try making eating well and exercising the priority, not maintaining the number. If you are doing the other things right, the number doesn't matter as much. If your body puts on the right kind of weight, then getting it off will be easier.

kristy_estes21: Good news about the blood pressure! :happy:

Better_Balance_20: I plan on having maternity shots taken. They will be a bit later than I originally planned, but I'm just happy to have them done. I will be 35 weeks at the time mine are taken. I am really hoping to not have any swelling issues, but we'll see.

AFM: Its a bit brisk out today, but plan on getting a walk in with the pups. They are both finally recovered from their injuries, so I think we are all equally looking forward to it. Ate well yesterday, though dinner was take out (made a more nutritious choice) and plan on continuing that today. The household goal tonight is to get at minimum 10 Thank you cards completed. I would like to start putting away some of the shower gifts but refuse to until I write the personalized Thank you cards. Its my way of making sure I get the thank you's out in a timely fashion. Hope it works.

Have a great day!

Hoping we haven't heard from Heather because Charlee is keeping her busy!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    jchecca: While easier said than done, and I know we all pay attention to the number, try making eating well and exercising the priority, not maintaining the number. If you are doing the other things right, the number doesn't matter as much. If your body puts on the right kind of weight, then getting it off will be easier.

Thank you so much...its so true...I am so jaded by the number...but at the end of the day what really matters is being healthy and doing the right things! :smile:
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Just a quick check in, I actually worked out last night! Only for 35 minutes but I did it. I rode my spin bike. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to, it's really uncomfortable for my hips/pelvis but I found it made me do more hills so I could stand :wink: so maybe that's a good thing!
    I'm going to try to do some weights tonight.
    In other news, the search for a midwife continues and it's not looking so great. I've received 3 no's so far and there are only 7 practices in Edmonton...one practice told me she's booked up until August 2012...so that would mean she has people on her list who might not even be pregnant yet or who are literally like 1 day pregnant! lol...wow - I just really wish I knew what I know now at the beginning of my pregnancy so I could have tried to get in with a midwife sooner. But who knows. there are still 4 practices left. I know at the end of the day it's not going to be the end of the world if I don't get in with a midwife, at least now I know what I need to know to make informed choices at a hospital if that's where I end up. I'm not giving up just yet though :wink:

Anyways, super busy day at work today and totally swamped as per usual...so better get back at it!
    Hope everyone has a great day!

Heather - hoping that you are in labour right now!! :smile:

~ Rayna (25 weeks 6 days)
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    ~Brenda~ 25 weeks 1 day

Heather-How are you feeling today?

Holly-How good to hear Ellie is growing lovely & that she enjoyed her first road trip. You're GMA is an inspiration even to me, WTG!

Jennamom-Good luck on your appt. I also enjoy the late night strolls and seeing more houses lit up with Christmas lights. We are (well the hubby is) putting them up this weekend since we will be out of town for thanksgiving.

Elce-Yes, hopefully it will be good deliveries for all of us.

Babeed-So jealous you get to go to the midnight release of Twilight- Enjoy! I will have to see it on a Sunday or another day. Take it easy, hope work doesn't stress you out.

Jchecca-Since you are concerned about your weight you might want to discuss with your doctor. I am also worried I might gain too much, but I have now increased my max gain to 25lbs. I hadn't lost alot of the weight I needed to BP and now I am just hoping the baby grows as should be.

Kristy-Great to hear your appointment went well and you're baby too.

Ashley-You should be proud, you're doing great running still. Hope your changing table turns out great! I am thinking the same time frame for photo maternity shoots as you.

Rayna-Good job on your workout, and I hope your hips feel better.

Rosanna-Good job walking too!

We walked 20 mins last night and it was nice, so hoping to get more walks today & tomorrow. This weekend will be a busy one again, work & my son's last soccer game for this season & picking up our crib & dresser. Yay!