Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-November 2011

Options

Replies

• abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ashley I probably would in a heartbeat if I was a little bit more technologically savvy :) So far I've done "Baby" by Justin Beiber, "Push it" by Salt N Peppa, "Ice Ice Baby" vanilla Ice...and a several more. Who needs to walk on the treadmill when you can set up a full length mirror and giggle at yourself as you bust some sweet dance moves out?! lol Definitely keeping my spirits high today!

I feel like Napoleon Dynamite when he is in his room practicing his sweet dance moves...

You need to add some Stevie Wonders’ Isn’t she lovely!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    And Baby got back, haha

PS: Someone has to have their baby tomorrow. It's 11-11-11, how cool is that:)
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new mommies!

Heather-such a good laugh for a hard worked day. Too funny! :laugh:

Nichole-Yay good to hear Hannah is growing beautifully.

Misti-So glad to hear your tests were ok. Awesome for your 3D U/S, nothing beats freebies like that. Lucky mommy.

Ashley-Yay for your appointment tomorrow. The rocking chair looks nice and the price is decent thanks for sharing.

Elce-How cool on your work babyshower.

Rayna-I might be scheduling a massage soon. Nice to hear your lil Mason is growing on schedule. I also communicated to my doctor that I plan on natural birth with no epidural and he asked how I had Jason before. I said natural no epidural, and he said ok, so hopefully I get what I want. You have all the right to question, and communicate your feelings to the Dr, so keep asking because sometimes you can tell how well informed that Dr is, when questioning. I have always said, it's all about the aesthetics now with Dr's, they just care about the money and do not value the patients concerns adequately.

AFM:
    My son's soccer game really froze us last night and the team gets worse & worse. :noway: We didn't walk much either, but I am feeling more tired lately and I do sleep well at night.
    I've been extremely busy at work, there's really no time to breathe.
    My coworker gave me a big bag of baby girl clothes and they work perfectly for the spring. They are so cute. :love:

~Brenda~ 24 weeks 2 days (DD 2/28/2012)
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile. I'm in the second trimester now, and while I'm still not feeling that amazing burst of energy I remember from my first pregnancy, I think I'm less fatigued and feel a little better. Went to the gym tonight with a friend, victory!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're frustrated and I know EXACTLY how that feels. I LOVED my OB and he delivered all 3 of my husbands, cousins children. He was very laid back and old school which I liked. However, with this being my second child and not knowing if I wanted to do a home birth with a midwife or do a traditional hospital birth, I thought since I really liked him that I had made the right choice. Unfortunately, I faced the same thing you did and by this time I was already about 4 months pregnant and had done research on birth centers, etc. I sat w/him one day and tried to talk to him and he was so busy as well, which I understood, and his response was: "Well, I understand your concerns and I'll jot them down but you know, some of these just might not be possible. Like for example, today I've been up all night delivering and I'd be no good delivering your baby if you went into labor now." I am very understanding and I do know that he has a business to run, and I'm one of many patients. I left there frustrated, not at him, but the whole system, period!! I transfrerred my paperwork that following day and am absolutely GLAD that I did. I know this might not be the ideal scenario for you, but I think maybe even try email, if he's willing to go that route. Besides that, I don't think you'll have much room there to get exactly the time you need with him. They are so busy and they're like us, when its time to go they're READY!!! However, its unfortunate for us because we're not a file that can just wait for the next day to get filed. :)

Elce 27W5D

I tried to talk to my obgyn about some questions I had and preferences I have for when Mason comes...it's just hard because he's always in such a rush and then I get flustered - not the best feeling, and I feel like he just thinks I'm overthinking things...yeesh. Anyway it was a good appointment over all.

I found that writing out your birth plan and having them sit with you while they read it helps a lot. I had an OBGYN and she read it and had some other opinions that differed. I then changed to my midwife and she agreed to everything and most of it was her normal practice. I changed at 31 weeks and could not be happier. My midwife is way easier to talk to and spends a lot more time with me.

So I highly recommend giving your birthing plan now even if you are not completely done with it. You will feel better when you know that you and your Dr. are on the same page:0) Good luck getting into the birthing center. Our birthing center is too far away:( The hospital is literally 7 minutes away so I plan to labor mostly at home.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Hey ladies, I worked out weds, rode the bike did some weights then at 9 mini cinnomin buns :ohwell: I was husbandless and childless so I went and tagged along woth my old running group (havent been able to make it out to too many of thier practaices) Anyways I was just going to run 5kms but ended up doing about 7.5, hi ya! Take that mini cinnomin buns! Felt really good ran at a nice slow pace, yes I was slow but I was running and it felt fantastic to run a longer distance, thats truely where my heart belongs, distance running :love:

Tired today, overall had a pretty good week with work outs, did my best to squeeze in what I could, but the weight just keeps coming on...:sad: Im truely at a loss. i really have to accept that we are all different my body just loves to gain a ton of weight when Im pregnant. I gained 60lbs with my last and lost it all with in 6 mos

Planning a low key weekend cooking and cleaning thats my life... happy friday!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

taldie01: Don't be hard on yourself about the weight gain. That is awesome that you got 60 pounds off in 6 months. As long as you can get it off I think you are fine:0)

emrogers: I can't believe your doctor said all that. I guess at least he was honest. I'm so happy you switched and are happy about it.

Brenda: That is awesome about all the girl freebie cloths. I was on Craigslist the other day and saw so many people selling baby cloths of all sizes and seasons. Most are cloths that they got way too many of and never even used. So I am definitley going to start scouting those out.

Heather: Hope you are doing well. Try to find somethings to do to keep your mind busy. Maybe go see a movie or something.

MadBabysMama: Awesome job for making it back to the gym:0)

AFM: My husband and I had our first hospital birth class. I have completed my hypnobirthing class and kept going back and forth about doing the hospital class too. Well last night was awesome. I am so glad we decided to go. It has made me feel even more confident that I will get the birthing experience that I want. The teacher talked about natural ways to deal with pain and that our bodies are meant to do this. Also that the endorphins you give off towards the end are stronger than any drug they can give you in the hospital.

Also the hubby's all get to wear a pregnancy suit for 20 minutes to see what it's like. Which is totally hysterical. We made them pick stuff up off the floor. My husband has not been pick yet but I can't wait:laugh: The fist thing most of the husbands did last night is touch their fake boobs, hahaha. We also put a ping pong ball in a balloon and blew it up. You then let the ball rest in the neck of the opening until suction is made and you don't have to hold the balloon closed. Then you squeeze the balloon like a contraction does to your uterus. It's crazy as you keep pushing the bottom of the balloon bulges out until finally the ping pong ball flies out. It was pretty neat.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yay for Friday!!! It's been a long week. Still need to catch up on things from last week....Ugh, I truely love my life, but it really is just too busy!!

Welcome Kimmers 99- I have been really tired this pregnancy. My first pregnancy I wasn't tired like this, I finally got a lil' boost of energy and actually felt a little normal somewhere close to 18 weeks. Good luck @ your U/S!!!

Welcome cbrant1 - Short walks helped me get a burst of energy, and most days I just go non stop anyway, but it did help to start the day with some excercise. Always makes me feel better. Good Luck Hope you get some energy. It's amaizing how tired pregnancy can make a person.

Emrogers - That would make me so mad, show up at an appt. with one thing in mind to find out another. IRRITATING! Hopefully you get some relief soon. Good luck with everything, you life sounds like mine kinda, super busy!!! My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and I hope your FIL gets better soon.

Ashley - Good luck on your test next week!!! Sounds like all is well for you. Good job on keeping up with the workouts!!!! I really do need to set up my exercise room better, so far it's a bowflex and a treadmill, hand weights. I need/want and elliptical and some music would really be awesome!!!!

Brenda - Thank you. I'm so glad things looked good. Now just waiting until next appt. to maybe find out what else it could be I guess. That's awesome about the baby clothes, I have a couple friends who have been saving clothes for me, and with what I got at the shower and have bought myself, she already has a FULL closet. I totally agree about doctors just caring about the money. In my experience, I did get the epidural, but the lady who gave it to me yelled at me over and over, while I was in the middle of Huge contractions just two minutes apart, she's yelling at me to not move at all and she actually didn't do it right, so I ended up with a killer headache for 4 days after I had my son. REALLY hoping to not have an epidural or anything this time.

Taldie01 - Awesome job on your run!!!!

nkster - The class sounds pretty fun actually. Glad you went and enjoyed it. That's what I keep telling myself, our bodies are meant to do it, and I will feel so much better if I do it natural.

AFM: Last tournament of the year on Sat. Yay, break time from sports until baseball which is in May!!!! Plenty of time for me and my son to get tons of quality time before baby comes. The more I think about it lately, it makes me a little sad. Hubby has always worked away from home, so it's always just been me and Isaac for the last 7 years. We have a nice little routine with everything we do, and it's all about to change. I'm excited, but nervous of how different things will be when I have a baby too. In the meantime, I am trying to encourage Isaac to be more independent, (he depends on me for just about EVERYTHING). He's so excited about the baby, I think things will be great, just different and it makes me a little nervous.

Anyway, goals for the weekend!!! (Hubby's gone until Thanksgiving so Isaac and I have plans. LOL)

Sat. - wrestling tournament, work on nursery
    Sun. SLEEP IN, catch up on things around the house, rake the leaves, grocery shop, plan/cook meals for the week!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello fabulous ladies. We made it to the weekend! Well almost.

I just got back from my 29 week check up and lunch with Eric after. Everything is looking good! I'm measuring correctly and heartbeat was strong and 134. I also got to tell how to find my uterus; I didn't realize you could feel it so easily. Back to the dr. again after Thanksgiving! It's goign to be here before we know it.

I bailed on my workout last night. I had plans with a friend for dinner last night and didn't feel like getting changed and sweaty between work and dinner so I opted for watching Top Chef with Eric. Anyone watch it? Edward (the guy that cut his finger) is from Louisville (where I am from). I love the show and am totally excited to have someone to legitimately root for. Anyways, the rest of the week I stuck to my workouts for the most part. I'll get some walking in this weekend and maybe a little yoga. Another goal is to figure out how we are going to paint the changing table. Not sure if we'll need to sand off the varnish or if I can prime and then paint it. So weekend goals are to walk twice, study 4 hours, run errands, test paint on changing table, and maybe a little yoga. And to relax as always. Tonight we start with family birthdays at my in-laws.

Misti I'm glad your u/s came back good. Hope everyone is feeling good and staying healthy! Enjoy your weekends!

-Ashley
  • emrogers
    Options
    How do you find it? :/
    Elce 27W5D

I just got back from my 29 week check up and lunch with Eric after. Everything is looking good! I'm measuring correctly and heartbeat was strong and 134. I also got to tell how to find my uterus; I didn't realize you could feel it so easily. Back to the dr. again after Thanksgiving! It's goign to be here before we know it.

I bailed on my workout last night. I had plans with a friend for dinner last night and didn't feel like getting changed and sweaty between work and dinner so I opted for watching Top Chef with Eric. Anyone watch it? Edward (the guy that cut his finger) is from Louisville (where I am from). I love the show and am totally excited to have someone to legitimately root for. Anyways, the rest of the week I stuck to my workouts for the most part. I'll get some walking in this weekend and maybe a little yoga. Another goal is to figure out how we are going to paint the changing table. Not sure if we'll need to sand off the varnish or if I can prime and then paint it. So weekend goals are to walk twice, study 4 hours, run errands, test paint on changing table, and maybe a little yoga. And to relax as always. Tonight we start with family birthdays at my in-laws.

Misti I'm glad your u/s came back good. Hope everyone is feeling good and staying healthy! Enjoy your weekends!

-Ashley
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey all--I've been MIA, but wanted to pop in.

Heather--One week or less...that's a great way to look at it. Funny story (kinda)--I was about a week before my due date, and I went into the office for my appt, and the Dr. says "You look like a lady ready to be done with being pregnant." (I was so tired, etc.) I was like, "Yeah", till she called my bluff and said "If you want, I can induce you tomorrow." My eyes got all big at the thought of having a little baby to take care of the next day, and I panicked, and I was like "Noooo, I think I'll wait a few more days!" At that moment, the reality of it all REALLY hit me, and I was like "No, I want just a few more days with the baby INSIDE and not outside!" It makes me chuckle looking back on it.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's recommendations and experiences--sorry I'm not posting more often...maybe I'll get around to that eventually.

AFM: I'm at 7 weeks. A few days ago, the nausea making me not want to eat anything has been replaced by a different, yet more familiar phenomenon--I get really nauseous if I DON'T eat something every hour or two. I remember that with my first pregnancy, but it wasn't this severe this early (or I just don't remember it since I was in the midst of a stressful internship for my Masters). So I've had to radically shift my eating habits, and I'm struggling, because the healthy foods are still not appealing (veggies mostly), but I'm needing to eat something every hour or so to keep my tummy under control. Ive learned the hard way in the last day or two that large meals are not working either--they are just sitting in my belly like a rock which ALSO makes me nauseous. So it's a very delicate balancing act right now. My poor hubby and son who never know what is for dinner anymore--all I seem to want is peanut butter on saltines. Anyone have any good suggestions for coping with this?

On the exercise front, I exercised yesterday morning. And it killed me. And this wasn't even a "real" workout--it was like a 2 mile walk! I felt so exhausted by the end of it...I think my big plan to push through the first-trimester tiredness by exercising bit me in the bum yesterday. Ugh. I have a prenatal yoga and strength training video on order, and I'm excited to try those out and throw them in the mix, because the cardio just left me breathless! Lung capacity--where have you gone, and are you ever coming back?
    Karen~ That's exactly how I felt through my first trimester! I HAD to eat every few hours just to keep the nausea away. I couldn't stand the idea of cooking, so there were many nights that the hubby got grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. LOL Poor thing. Goldfish crackers ended up being my savior for weeks. Also, my lung capacity is still a joke. I'd really like it to come back!
    Enjoy the vidoe when it comes in! That sounds like a great idea. I really should get a prenatal yoga dvd or find a class.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Elce 27W5D

-Ashley

Elce - When you lay on your back, you should be able to just feel a hard area if you poke around. When she showed me where the top of mine was (couple inches above my belly button) and I felt, there is a definite difference in feeling between uterus and belly/chest. Also, you can measure from your pubic bone to top and it shuld coincide in cm. with how many weeks you are. Neato!
  • emrogers
    Options
    Ahhh, Ok, this is basically what they do when they measure you. Ok, COOL to know. Thanks!! ;)
    Elce 27W5D
    Elce 27W5D

-Ashley

Elce - When you lay on your back, you should be able to just feel a hard area if you poke around. When she showed me where the top of mine was (couple inches above my belly button) and I felt, there is a definite difference in feeling between uterus and belly/chest. Also, you can measure from your pubic bone to top and it shuld coincide in cm. with how many weeks you are. Neato!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Quick question .... for those of you in your 2nd trimester, how many calories are you eating? And what has your weight gain been like at that amount?
  • jennamom
    jennamom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Quick update cause I am EXHAUSTED!

I was at a hockey game yesterday with my hubs and the Braxton Hicks were coming on strong every 3 minutes...for about 90 minutes!!!

I've had BH in series before, but never like this, so my husband and I were a little worried. Also, the baby wasn't moving, which was unusual. He did a little research on his iPhone and suggested I was dehydrated and tired.

When I got home I took a bath and drank lots of water and some lemon zinger tea. The contractions were still occuring, but more irregular. The baby began to move, as well. I fell asleep and had a couple BH contractions today but nothing like yesterday's.

Has anyone else had crazy Braxton Hicks like this before? I know that I was definately dehydrated, but funny thing is that when I get them in series, it almost always happens when it's really loud around me, like at the hockey games. Wondering if anyone's experience is similar.

My husband is committed to making me take it easy, so I don't think I'll be getting any workouts in this weekend. I'm going to focus on drinking lots of water and eating full and healthy meals!
  • ladydeee
    ladydeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Quick question .... for those of you in your 2nd trimester, how many calories are you eating? And what has your weight gain been like at that amount?

Originally during my 2nd trimester I added an additional 250 calories to my maintenance calories of 1630 because that's what it calculated it would take for me to gain a half pound per week. I ended up gaining about 3lbs that week. I kept adjusting my calories each week and I think I finally got it right. Turns out it only takes me an additional 80 calories with my maintenance caloreis to gain 1lb per week. I guess every one is different. In total I have gained 5lbs and I am 19 weeks.
  • kimmers99
    Options
    Im 18 weeks preggo and have gained about 6 pounds so far. (Which is unusual for me I gained so much more by this time with my other two, fingers crossed that it is boy). I have my calories set to maintenance which works out to be approx 2000 cals. I'm having no problem eating all my calories and go over more often then not. Im also eating back the calories that I burn through exercise.