Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-November 2011

Options

Replies

• shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    roobean33... yes, i'm excited for tomorrow! but a little "reserved" too, i guess you could say, because I am actually hoping for another boy, and just have this feeling that it's going to be a girl. Not that it will really matter in the end, just one of those things, ya know?

bmfrazie...i wouldn't worry about the fluctuations too much. I started out at 122 and lost a pound somewhere in the first month before i knew i was pregnant. I am 20 weeks tomorrow and am officially up only 4 pounds, but like yesterday I was up to 126 and today back down to 125. I think those are just normal fluctuations. As long as you are eating at least your maintenance, and try to get a little bit more in if you can, and making good choices, your baby will get what it needs. If you looked at my "bump" you might think I gained more than 4 pounds too, in my opinion anyways. I figure if I gain 1 pound/week from here on out I will be at +24-25lbs which would be perfect. Although this week I might gain more with family in town for the holidays (and they brought Grandma's homebaked goodies with them!!)

AmandaR...welcome!!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats Heather, glad everything went well. xxxx
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!!

heather congrats on your delivery process and what a beautiful baby!! Charlee, you be good and let mommy rest a bit so you can both enjoy each others company.

ladies I'm more behind that you can imagine, I apoligize for not commenting individually :ohwell: but, I keep reading and am glad to hear that all of you are striving to do your best. That is all we can ask for!!

Doctors apt today - can't wait to see what he says?

We also recieved some additional furniture for the baby room. We are so grateful to have wonderful friends and family. So we are now rearranging the room and I'm debating putting an accent wall in the baby's room?? So I may delay a bit more on the pics!

Also spent the better half of Saturday with my GF, babyshower plans are in full force. Come to find out we will be having 2 baby showers back to back in Feb. 1 for family and 1 for friends. We also found out that our neighbor will be throwing the hubby a "diaper shower" followed by a serious game of drinks/poker!!

Life is great and I couldn't ask for anymore. I'm blessed and grateful :happy:

Happy Monday!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!

Well...it's been a bad, bad weekend. Bad eating...not much exercise...BAD! Hoping to get back on the wagon today and make good choices through the TWO Thanksgiving dinners I have this week! Exercise will probably be out Thursday-Sunday since we will be out of town. So, I need to do good the beginning of this week and focus on my eating!

On an exciting note...I'll be 20 weeks on Wednesday!! HALF-WAY!!! And I'm starting to feel my munchkin moving around more these days...which I absolutely love! Can't wait until my husband and daughter can feel it too!! Still waiting on my ultrasound (Dec.5th) which seems to be taking FORever!

I have been busy at home...went through all the baby clothes and pulled out all gender neutral items (since we won't find out the sex) as well as all the towels, blankets, and burp cloths! Kadence is SO funny..."Mommy...they're so widdle!!" I love it! And she's so good at talking with the baby...saying "Hi baby, I'm your sister!" She's going to be wonderful! And the other day she asked me "Mommy, when's it coming out?" I told her after the winter, when it starts to get warmer outside and all the winter snow melts." Don't think she gets that, but I tried.

ANYways...

Heather...congrats again!! Enjoy every sweet moment...those first wonderful weeks go by fast!

Have a great day ladies!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Good morning mamas.

Congrats Heather! I'm glad you got the natural birth you wanted. Charlee is a cutie. Enjoy your time with her.

Hello and good job to everyone else.

I had a productive weekend with a good amount of relaxation too. We walked to the coffee shop Saturday, I also did some cleaning, got the changing table painted, and even made it to a yoga class yesterday! That was actually really nice and I'd like to try to start making it habbit to go to a class over the weekend or practiving at home, although I find I get much better benefit going to class. Anyways, I felt really good during and after class; I think my body is actually getting used to practicing again after taking a several month hiatus. I thought I may have to stop soon b/c my belly tends to get in the way, but I am thinking differently now.

Last night I had a bit of a sweet tooth and had 2 whole fruit strawberry popsicles and like 3 or 4 dark Hershey kisses and the sugar must have gotten the baby all hyper b/c she was moving like crazy! It was funny and very cool. So i fyou want to see your kid move, just eat a lot of sugar. :wink:

I hope the next 2 days pass quickly as I'm looking forward to almost a week off and spending time with family. We leave Wednesday morning so I may be sparse this week. Everyone enjoy the week and holiday!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Some of you may or may not remember me, I haven't posted since thIe end of September. My life just got extremely crazy in October and I just couldn't keep up with all of you guys. I'm so sorry! I've been trying to read a little this morning and it looks like everyone is doing well, I'm so glad to see that!!
    Kallon Jericho Childree was born on Sunday, November 6th @ 11:56 pm. He weighed 9 lbs. 2 oz. and was 21 in long. He has a head full of dark hair. He is doing extremely well. He lost about 4 oz the first week, but by the time I took him for his 1 week checkup when he was 8 days old he weighed in at 9lbs. 8oz.
    I nursed him for the first 2 weeks, at about a week and a half started giving him formula every other feeding. Bottle feeding is just best for our family right now, especially having 4 other kids under the age of 7. Bottle feeding gives my husband the chance to help and my 2 oldest kids love to feed him also.
    I hope everyone continues to do well!! I do not envy where you are right now, I am so thank that I am through delivery and he is here!!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Heather!! I am just so absolutely thrilled for you and so glad that you got to have the natural birth that you wanted! You are amazing :flowerforyou: I hope to have a similar experience. I'm glad to hear that you and your new little family are doing so well. Charlee is so precious. :smile:

Happy Monday all! My weekend was SO busy and I'm so beat today and have SO much to accomplish this week for work and my week nights and this upcoming weekend are already full with plans! HOw did that happen!?! Sheesh
    I just really need to focus this week and stay organized to try to get through everything. Prioritize is the word of the week! lol
    We got so much done this weekend. Mason's room is really coming along, we got the whole room cleaned out and the furniture came and was put together and then we put the crib set on and the change pad and I folded up all his clothes and put them in the dresser :happy: Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to decorate it, I think the room may be too small for a mural, so I think I might do some paintings and some wall art. We also found some shelving that we want to put up for books etc. I just need to find a lamp now and a glider chair/automan and some decor stuff. I need to find some color to break up all the neutrals. I'm thinking of pulling orange and blue from the crib set and some green as well. So fun!
    We also got a play pen and second car seat with 2 bases and stroller from a friend to give to Jay's parents so they have a set for Mason too :smile: We picked up some more baby things, some colic prevention bottles - and we looked into buying a fetal monitor from Babys R Us for $30. Does anyone have one? I think we're going to get it, you're supposed to be able to hear the baby's heart beat, hiccups etc and record it to share with your family. I think I want it just more for peace of mind when I want to make sure Mason's ok in there lol :wink:

Here is Mason's room so far:

057d72cc.jpg
    7fcd2bd6.jpg
    c1498dac.jpg
    29aa4bfd.jpg
    9134844b.jpg

As for exercise, I'm really lacking, my yoga is over and my spin bike is proving to be VERY uncomfortable for my hips/pelvis...I'm almost thinking of getting a membership at SNAP fitness near my house just to walk on the treadmill etc...not sure yet.

I made chocolate chip banana bread last night and it was DREAMY...so good!

Anyway I really should get back to work!

I will try to catch up on everyone's posts today!! :flowerforyou:
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    so amazing Heather! Congrats to you and your whole family!!! The picture is wonderful and thank you so much for sharing your story! its so wonderful to hear other people's experiences!!! best of luck and enjoy Charlee!!!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    rayna - love love the pictures of the nursery!!! thank you so much for sharing!!

so this weekend was really nice...both the weather and the activities!!! my little brother and i went into NYC on saturday and just walked around ALL day which was SO nice. then on sunday the hubby and i did some massive yard clean up!!! he had done the front yard on saturday while i was in NYC and so sunday we tackled the back yard...that was where most of the debris from the storm was. definitely a great work out...hauling branches and bagging leaves! neighbors must have thought i was nuts doing that while i am pregnant...but hey - im pregnant...not dead! it really felt so wonderful to be out there working with him - huge sense of accomplishment and my body felt wonderful after!

this week...i have two days of work and then wednesday is off which is fantastic! i am prepping everything as far as food for our trip to my mother in laws house on thursday, getting my hair done and just running errands! really looking forward to having that day to myself :smile: I am going to try to work out at least 4 time this week if not more! 4 will be a win...5 would be fantastic!!!

hope everyone has a great day and talk to you all soon!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I meant to ask those who ran during pregnancy and currenlty are running.....any foot issues? After my run on the treadmill last Tuesday my outer arch has been hurting me pretty bad. It feels a little better today, but think I may need to skip running this week.

Thanks!
    -Ashley
    30 w, 3d
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a productive weekend!! This Saturday was my first time sleeping in on a Sat. in 6 weeks! Woo Hoo! My son actually slept in til' 8! It felt so good to not be up before 5:00 am on my day off!

Anyway, Finally did my glucose test on Sat. I had the orange drink which taste's just like orange pop to me, wasn't bad at all. I felt reallty light headed and clamy a couple hours later, I'm assuming it was just too much sugar, but IDK. My sugar level was REALLY low even after drinking coffee w/ creamer and eating breakfast that morning. I think I will find out the results sometime today. My son and I also did some Christmas/Grocery shopping on Saturday then hurried home put it all away and went to the movies. Breaking Dawn was ok, I'm excited for Part 2, but I thought Part 1 would be better. Sunday was a super productive day for me, cleaned the WHOLE house, did all the laundry, cleaned my car inside and out, and also raked and bagged 14 bags of leaves. I'm so glad to have that much done! Lots more leaves to fall...just the leaves alone took my son and I, 2.5 hours. My hubby is flying home tomorrow!!! I can't wait. For some reason it feels like he's been gone forever this time! Only 3 days of work this week! Thanksgiving @ my parents house and then Black Friday shopping with my sister!

Work will be super busy the next few days, working on some transfers, and then I get my bonus!!!! All this hard work and staying late will be so worth it!

Heather - So glad you had a natural birth just like you hoped for. Charlee is really cute! Enjoy your next few weeks. People always say it goes by fast, and time really does once you have a child! Congrats again I'm happy for your family! ENJOY!!!

I will catch up with everyone else later, super busy and my boss keeps giving me to-do's. Better get busy!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Rayna- love the baby owls!! Too cute!!
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!!

Bump for later.

Rosanna
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I meant to ask those who ran during pregnancy and currenlty are running.....any foot issues? After my run on the treadmill last Tuesday my outer arch has been hurting me pretty bad. It feels a little better today, but think I may need to skip running this week.

Thanks!
    -Ashley
    30 w, 3d

I'm not running any more, cannot :-(, but my guess is your extra weight is putting too much pressure on your feet. Give some rest and try again. If it still hurts, you might just have to do anything else. Listen to your body as you know already.

I tried running, but last time I did, I got a sharp pain in my lower belly (can hardly walk after attempted ...). I'm carrying the baby very low, lots of pressure on the lower part, really hurting me. So, I just have to do other type of exercises. :-( Wish I can still run.

My hubby hang my bike up to the ceiling due to need space to park his car inside during winter season. Now I'm just looking forward to get a stationary bike from my blue cross blue shield reward points. I guess I should reach the points I needed to get the bike in 2 weeks.

zLdEm6.png
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    -Ashley
    30 w, 3d

I'm not running any more, cannot :-(, but my guess is your extra weight is putting too much pressure on your feet. Give some rest and try again. If it still hurts, you might just have to do anything else. Listen to your body as you know already.

I tried running, but last time I did, I got a sharp pain in my lower belly (can hardly walk...). I'm carrying the baby very low, lots of pressure on the lower part, really hurting me. So, I just have to do other type of exercises. :-( Wish I can still run.

My hubby hang my bike up to the ceiling due to need space to park his car inside during winter season. Now I'm just looking forward to get a stationary bike from my blue cross blue shield reward points. I guess I should reach the points I needed to get the bike in 2 weeks.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congrats Heather and Kalee!!
    SO MANY productive weekends! Way to go everyone!

Rayna- Very cute! You made great progress!
    Jchecca- Lucky you, NYC! I have never been and would love to go!
    Misti- So glad to hear you got time to sleep in! I'm always exhausted just reading about all the things you have going on. But you also managed to get A LOT accomplished. Well done!
    atomdraco- I love my stationary bike! How cool, you can get one with BCBS points?! Nice!

AFM, I know it's been a while...I finally have a few minutes to actually comment.
    I have been extremely busy at work (large theatre in Detroit) preparing for The Nutcracker which will be running this weekend (Fri., Sat., Sun.). So, no short work week for me. :frown: I will have Thursday off, but hubby will be working and my parents will be out of state visiting one of my sisters. So, instead of celebrating Thanksgiving, I will be at home ripping out the carpet in the nursery so hubs can start laying the floor while I am working all weekend. :bigsmile: I REALLY want to get the nursery prepared before Christmas. I know we will be getting stuff for the baby at Christmas and I would like a place to put it. Also, I just scheduled my detailed ultrasound and we will be finding out if it's a boy or a girl December 8th!!!:bigsmile: Then the fun will begin! Gotta decide on a crib and everything. I'm still in awe how fast time is flying. I really can't believe that I have hit the 16 week mark.
    Hubs and I spent the weekend at my in-laws. So, we got NOTHING done at home. He was helping his dad fix and paint their rental property (after all the help he gave us at ours) and I stayed with "the girls" (Mom in law, Sister in law, niece and both nephews) and baked pies and did our nails. My mother in law freaks out at me if I do anything involving lifting or cleaning chemicals.
    Zumba tonight and hopefully it will start my week on the right (active) foot. I know I will get a workout ripping carpet, but I also plan to ride my bike a bit as well.

Stay happy, active, and healthy!!
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Congrats Heather! Amazing Story!! Happy things went according to plan for you, well for the most part anyways.

It was way to cold here to run outside this weekend, -30 with the windchill. Need to get a sweat in tonight!

Took my daughter to her forst movie on sat so fun we saw puss in Boots she was so good, even though it was passed her nap time.

Goals
    mon- jog 30 mins walk 30mins lunch break
    Tues -aquasize 30 mins lunch work out
    weds- jog or bike 30 mins 30 mins lunch work out
    Thurs- jog or bike 30 mins 30 mins lunch work out
    Fri- rest 30 min lunch work out
    Sat- jog
    Sun- jog
    eat out once a week, more fruits and veggies
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    well, familiy has been visiting for 2 days now and I have been indulging already! :ohwell: Grandma's homebaked cookies:love: , pumpkin donuts, meatloaf and mashed potatoes! But I did get in 30 min on the elliptical and a 30 min prenatal yoga video this afternoon. I guess I have wiggle room with my weight though since I am only up by 4 pounds at 20 weeks, so even if I gain a little extra in this one week, I won't worry too much. Just trying to not go too far over.

On another note...went and had my anatomy scan today and found out we are having a girl! :flowerforyou: I have to admit, I was kind of hoping for a boy, so it was a little bitter-sweet. My hubby and son were both definitely more disappointed. :brokenheart: My hubby just can't picture raising a girl and he can only think of all the little "bratty" girls he's ever dealt with. And the fact that he and his older sister had/have a horrible relationship. So he just needs to wrap his mind around this "minor detail":wink: lol. My son is 6 and I'm sure he will get over it quickly. I am excited that I get to start picking out cute pink girlie stuff though! :happy:
    And more importantly, she looked good, was measuring withing a week of my due date and was so cute moving all around in there. Had her feet over her head a couple times, kept swallowing and moving all around. And we got to watch her in 4D for quite a while and they gave me a good 3D face shot to keep too. :happy:

Shelley ~ 20 weeks
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Welcome to the Newcomers!

Babeed- I’ve tried to make him go but I just don’t think he is going to budge on this argument ;) Thanks for the hint of staying after the movie. I’m going on Wednesday!

Better_Balance- That e-mail puts thing into great perspective thanks! Good work on the activity level.
    Tara- Your bump looks great! Don’t fret just be positive!

Brenda- Thanks! My back is almost 100% now :). I think the tired hangover is worse than the alcohol hangover in my books! I hope you got caught up on rest over the weekend.

Roobean- Thanks! Try starting off the day with some protein. It often took me a while to choke it down but sure helped with the nausea. As for the napping that’s allowed ;) I had 3 naps in 1 day early in the pregnancy haha.

Mistibergman- There is only 1 baby in there *whew* haha. Twins would be exciting but I would definitely have needed to grow so extra patience and hands in my uterus as well ;) I hope the painting went well!
    Heather- I’m so glad everything went as planned and you are now soaking up life with baby Charlee. Glad to hear breast feeding has gotten easier.

Shelley- Sorry the ultrasound wasn’t as good as it was hoped to be, but I’m sure we will all agree as long as it’s a healthy baby we are happy! I’m sure once you hubby gets to hold her some of his worries will dissipate. I’m glad you got a nice good look at her regardless. Good luck with all the company!

Bmfrazie- I lost up to 11 pounds in my first trimester and I hadn’t been trying to lose weight either. I was just eating and exercising to what my body allowed. I’m 12w5d today and am still down 5 or 6 pounds. As long as you’re able to keep healthy food down your body will tell you if you need more! My doctor said there are a lot of women who lose some weight in the first trimester.

Well I had my ultrasound on Friday and there is only 1 baby in there :)! My husband and I were very sad they wouldn’t let him in the room with me. They wouldn’t even give us a print out of a picture so I could take and show him. I had never heard of this before and it didn’t really make a whole lot of sense to us. I asked the U/S tech if I could at least take a picture of the baby with my cell phone to show hubby and she wasn’t very impressed with that either. She told me she didn’t think that was allowed but if I did it quick I could take one. But on the bright side they say baby looks good. It’s measuring at 12 weeks, has 2 arms, 2 legs, a cute little nose, and its heart rate was 169. I have had far less of the sharp pains in my lower abdomen so I hope they continue to become less and less. I have my first prenatal appointment on Wednesday so I’m excited for both my husband and I to get to hear the heartbeat for the first time together since I didn’t get to hear it at the ultrasound. Hope everyone has a great week!

Amanda 12W5D
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    WAHOO!!! Today is the day I have been waiting for for what seems like forever! I finally have my first doctors appointment this afternoon and I can't wait! I keep thinking that I should have jotted down the questions that I had because I sure as heck don't really remember most of them LOL.

I have lots to get done this morning though before I have to head out to the doctor. My mom is coming for Turkey day tomorrow and I still need to finish off the basement from our rearranging to make room for the office to be moved to make room for the nursery.

My goals for this week are really only diet related because I don't forsee myself getting in any exercise. I need to keep an eye on the water in take and eat more fruits and veggies. I think the rest of my diet has been pretty good but my fresh fruit and veggies have dropped off for the last 3 weeks or so.

Have a great day everyone!