Like Minded Lushes - November 2011

Options
Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol. We like it.
Most of us drink it. We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss. We support each other when we strive to control it. We support each other when we fail to control it.

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

It's November and that means that we heading into the Holidays. that means drinking. This will be a challenging month. Good luck to all.

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,515 Member
    Options
    Thanks Robin!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Vino is everywhere!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Yep! Id be a rail if I didnt drink! Happy November! I am just on my way now to workout. Have a great day :smile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Last night...PF Changs....2 margaritas and 1 glass of cabernet. I was way over for the day BUT it was definitely worth it :wink:

I just wish there wasn't so much damn Sodium in everything. I love PF Changs.

I had vodka rocks and rum rocks last night. Scale was okay this morning.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    As long as you count it in your calories, what's the big deal? I enjoy a cocktail when I get home from the gym. And I burn extra calories so I can HAVE that cocktail.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Robin-surprisingly my sodium wasn't too bad.....I got the buddhas feast, which is steamed veggies and tofu, BUT did share in my husbands apps...spring roll and pot stickers. Oh and the waiter thought it would be a nice gesture to give us a free dessert, *kitten* :laugh: It would have been very rude of me to decline it :wink:
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Went to Boytoy house last night. Had three glasses of wine not good wanted to stay away from alcohol for the week... well the week isn't over with so lets try for 0 tonight.. I am so glad I found this thread, it is very helpful... I don't feel like I have to battle this alone... Thanks to my fellow lushes

Monday-3 glasses of red wine
    Tuesday -?
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hello again Lushes! Maybe I will spend more time with you this month. I agree, the holidays are brutal when it comes to not only food but alcohol!
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I can't believe there are so many like minded people out there! Red wine is my absolute favourite food group. A huge thank you to whoever started the original thread and to everyone else who's kept it going :flowerforyou:

Alcohol is the main reason for my weight gain so I'm really trying to cut back at the moment. I'd love to be one of those people who can just cut it out completely but some days you (well ok, I) just need a g&t / vodka / beer to take the edge off. How lovely to meet people who understand that!

Wishing you all a great start to November :drinker:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    I think there is something wrong with me...

I put a bottle of white in the freezer to chill last night and I forgot about it :noway:

Tonight there will be wine :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks...prepping for weigh in tomorrow

Funny thing is, I'm not really in the mood for it...BIG SHOCKER :noway: Usually the lush monster :drinker: rears it's head by day 3
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Started the week out bad already, we got a new rescue puppy Sunday...a 7 month old chocolate lab, and she is a little crazy, but we start puppy school in less than 2 weeks. But, needless to say she drove me to the bottle of wine last night and I had 2 glasses, we will see how the rest of the week goes.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    chloe, congrats on the rescue puppy!
    Monday=0 drinks! I don't think I have typed 0 drinks for awhile!
    Probably no drinking tonight. But definitely tomorrow.. margs!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Puppy! I love lab pups...so adorable!

Amy, I love your costume.

Last night we trick or treated with my ex and the neighborhood posse. I had a couple of red bull and vodkas with blood orange vodka. Nom!

I think I'm going to do a "soberish" November...one night of drinking durning the week, and keeping that to one or two, and then only drinking one night on the weekends.
    So, my goal for the rest of the week is:
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday-2
    Saturday-0
    Sunday-0

We'll see how it goes...
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think there is something wrong with me...

I put a bottle of white in the freezer to chill last night and I forgot about it :noway:

Tonight there will be wine :bigsmile:

That's terrible. You may need to see a doctor. Sounds like the beginning stages of part-zheimer's.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pretty lushy Halloween - 5 glasses of meade and 4oz of vodka. I was over on calories, all well.
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I ate up WAY too many calories with hops last night. So I'm hoping to avoid it all together tonight! Like Sarah said... Oh well. This is life! :drinker:

Monday - 8 (yeah, I know WOW)
    Tuesday - 0 (I hope)

Dot... I'm going to also try to have a better November. Love everyones' costumes!!
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    For November I would like to avoid wine until my birthday. Alternately, and most likely, I will give myself a free pass on Saturdays.... It's only 3 weeks. To celebrate we are going to go wine tasting then out to dinner where I want to be able to look great in my little black dress.
    Cheers!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Feel like caca today. and for once it isn't the booze.
    Pretty sure it's the sugar from all the candy I normally don't eat. I don't even like chocolate very much (don't hate me)..and I think I had about 5 mini kit kat bars..and had one for breakfast.
    I have a killer headache.

I just threw all the rest away.

Happy November everyone!:drinker: