Like Minded Lushes - November 2011

Options

Replies

• jjolson70
    Options
    4 glasses of red last night-1 chianti and 3 merlot. It would have been 2 merlot but I got slapped with a lawsuit by my former landlord. Bastages! Anyway, I think I'll mellow out tonight. I slept like crap last night...who am I kidding? I still have half a bottle of merlot!:drinker:11996499.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I did stay home yesterday and we got so much done! Of course, the kids were being bears last night, so I was going to have a glass of wine and read, but I was coerced into working out...and afterwards, I didn't want the wine. So, yay!

Of course, today is a snow day...so I'm currently drinking a chai with vanilla vodka in it. :drinker:

But...
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-1 so far.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh Dot, that sounds Delish! I'm gonna have to try that on our next snow trip!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Snow? Last I looked it was 79 degrees. I'm in shorts and a tee..off to workout!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Blah, blah, blah, I live in place that doesn't get seasons...:laugh:

It will probably be gone by Friday. I'm suspecting that they're not holding school because we just tried to pass a bond and a mil levy (my school district has been in the budget sh!tter for a while) and it failed. Teachers are PISSED.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    seasons are overated. :wink:
    our schools are probably in worse shape than just about anywhere in the country. i have lots of teachers in my family..and my brother is a superintendent of one of the districts. Makes for some interesting discussions around the holiday family dinner table. :tongue:
    you teachers are grossly underpaid and overworked. i respect the work you do tremendously. i could never do it.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    seasons are overated. :wink:
    our schools are probably in worse shape than just about anywhere in the country. i have lots of teachers in my family..and my brother is a superintendent of one of the districts. Makes for some interesting discussions around the holiday family dinner table. :tongue:
    you teachers are grossly underpaid and overworked. i respect the work you do tremendously. i could never do it.

That's what people who live in places without seasons say... :laugh:

My sister-in-law's brother is a teacher in San Diego and he survived 4 rounds of pink slips to finally get one, right after his son was born. He actually got a job working for some online school and he's really loving it--he can work from home, so they don't have to pay for child care.

Teaching in this country sucks--if I had some sort of other skill set (and if the country's economy wasn't crappy) I'd try and do something else.

Oh well...who wants shots?
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo excited to find this thread! :drinker: It's nice to know there are others that enjoy a drink or two or 10 and are still successfully losing weight....

Had 1 Bacardi & diet during last night's Red Wings loss...wah! :sad:
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo excited to find this thread! :drinker: It's nice to know there are others that enjoy a drink or two or 10 and are still successfully losing weight....

Had 1 Bacardi & diet during last night's Red Wings loss...wah! :sad:
    [/quoteso glad you found us also..takes a little longer or harder but life does need some enjoyment I think]
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    That's what people who live in places without seasons say... :laugh:

My sister-in-law's brother is a teacher in San Diego and he survived 4 rounds of pink slips to finally get one, right after his son was born. He actually got a job working for some online school and he's really loving it--he can work from home, so they don't have to pay for child care.

Teaching in this country sucks--if I had some sort of other skill set (and if the country's economy wasn't crappy) I'd try and do something else.

Oh well...who wants shots?

My son and friends have been known to surf in the morning be up in the mountains boarding by afternoon. Can't get much better than that!

Hope the job situation improves for you, dot! I'm not doing shots but I did just opened a bottle of red wine. Cheers! :drinker:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Amy, amcanzo, SoCalWoman, you started my day off with a belly laugh, Thanks!
    :angry: Amen all the teacher comments, not enough merlot in the universe to get me to do it and the children of the world should be darned grateful...:tongue:
    :huh: Tonight's the challenge, no dance class, that's when I usually start rolling off the wagon.:noway: Wish me luck!

Wed: 0
    Tues: 0
    Mon: 2 wine
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 5.5 becks dark
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 8'ish max

I was just craving some dark beer and pizza last night :love: ...it's been so long :love:

Well, tonight has to be a 0 so I can indulge on Friday

Total: 5.5
    Goal <15
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Blah, blah, blah, I live in place that doesn't get seasons...:laugh:

It will probably be gone by Friday. I'm suspecting that they're not holding school because we just tried to pass a bond and a mil levy (my school district has been in the budget sh!tter for a while) and it failed. Teachers are PISSED.
    Sorry! I voted for it! Everything I voted for failed...
    Drank way too much last night. I thought I was being reasonable, a marg with dinner, two Fat Tires at the improv show, then two Coors Lights after the show but I feel like crap today. Next time, less drink or more sleep.
    Wednesday=5 drinks
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 5.5 becks dark
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 8'ish max

I was just craving some dark beer and pizza last night :love: ...it's been so long :love:

Well, tonight has to be a 0 so I can indulge on Friday

Total: 5.5
    Goal <15

Mmm pizza and beer!!!!!!!

10oz of wine last night and probably some tonight, I just have to work out in order to get and I WILL workout for my wine :wink:

So, it appears that I have drank every night since last tuesday and most days I was over.....Boo me!!!!! No wonder I feel so friggin gross :angry:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Mmm pizza and beer!!!!!!!

10oz of wine last night and probably some tonight, I just have to work out in order to get and I WILL workout for my wine :wink:

So, it appears that I have drank every night since last tuesday and most days I was over.....Boo me!!!!! No wonder I feel so friggin gross :angry:

I ate a slice for breakfast as well...:blushing: I know the gross feeling ALL TOO WELL :sick:

Amy, sorry your frustrated with the job situation. I think the economy just blows right now and there just isn't any money anywhere. It's probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

OK, I'm going to let Jillian kick my butt right now!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Good for you Kim!!! I was supposed to do it tonight BUT couldn't get my *kitten* out of bed for the gym this morning so I have to go tonight instead hence Jillian loses :laugh: And I am still sore from tuesdays workout!!! :huh: I'll probably do it tomorrow and saturday to make up for it.....
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Mass flooding under my kitchen sink! ARRGGG! :angry:
    I swear in my next life, I will marry a handyman/woman.

I guess I will exercise while I wait for the plumber (since it's too early to drink...don't think I wasn't tempted to spike my coffee!)
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread! But it does make me thirsty!
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 4
    Wed - 3

But so far I am under on my net Cals ( been working out every day LOL)
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    My plan for mid-week sobriety was a big, fat, fail.

After my chai and vanilla vodka, I had 2 (maybe 3?) double vodkas with sugar free red bull and 3 shots of a concoction made with pineapple vodka, peach schnapps, and blood orange vodka with a splash of apple juice. :ohwell:

Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=8 (yikes!!)