Men...... Grrrrrr

Options
So this guy that I liked a few months back came to me Thursday or Friday of last week and we hung out watched movies and chilled. Nothing new.... Until he tells me that he needs to talk to me.... He goes on to say how good I was looking and how much he liked me and couldn't stop thinkin about me... And wants to start a long term relationship. So this event should have kicked or encouraged me to keep going, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, it spiralled me into a 5 day eating binge that left me sicker than a dog....
Well I am back and not going to be side tracked again by a dumb guy who thinks a lil sweet talk will work...

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i don't even get it. he complimented you, wants to be with you....and you think he's dumb? I'm stumped.

:grumble:
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    get it girl!!! we can dothis!!!
  • stampede55
    Options
    Enjoy the company of your cats.
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm confused too I missed the part where he sweet talked you into the binge I guess. So... Of course it's his fault. :grumble:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm confused here.....
  • honeybadger175
    honeybadger175 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a fear of LTR...so you decided to eat to avoid starting a relationship??? Just throwing it out there cause I use to do the same thing.

Men...and they say we're confusing, pffft!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    i don't even get it. he complimented you, wants to be with you....and you think he's dumb? I'm stumped.

:grumble:

I too am cofused on how he is dumb.... mayhaps because he didn't have or realize he had the same feelings for her when she did for him... ?
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    baffling...
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Real life depiction of OP?

ddz8zr.png
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Yep. Women fascinate me. So many embrace the beauty of feminism and then do absolutely everything possible to negate anything the movement has done.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    So this guy that I liked a few months back came to me Thursday or Friday of last week and we hung out watched movies and chilled. Nothing new.... Until he tells me that he needs to talk to me.... He goes on to say how good I was looking and how much he liked me and couldn't stop thinkin about me... And wants to start a long term relationship. So this event should have kicked or encouraged me to keep going, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, it spiralled me into a 5 day eating binge that left me sicker than a dog....
    Well I am back and not going to be side tracked again by a dumb guy who thinks a lil sweet talk will work...

I totally get this --- this has happened to be and I told them to get lost too.
    If didn't see it before you lost a little weight, he's not worth your time.

This SHOULD have spiraled you into an diet binge to make it regret it even more.

(I'm assuming this is what you're getting at...but I'm not sure)
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options

This SHOULD have spiraled you into an diet binge to make it regret it even more.

Only a woman can make this logical...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What the balls is this about?
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Understand-Darth_Vader.jpg
  • stampede55
    Options

Yep. Women fascinate me. So many embrace the beauty of feminism and then do absolutely everything possible to negate anything the movement has done.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain as I have been drinking since 8pm est. I have 2 cats and lots of lesbian friends btw.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Hey now, I resemble that remark!

Men, can't live with em, can't kill em!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

Here I;'ll make it logical for you too.

Lets say you like this girl and chase her all over.. she wants nothing to do with you.
    A month later, you shave your goatee or get a raise at work -- and suddenly you're interesting to her again.
    You're still the same person right? She was blew you off just because she didn't like your goatee.

That's all I was getting it.

(I am still just assuming this is what the OP meant --- the he didn't like her before she lost 15 lbs --- is he going to run away again if she gains it back? )
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    to the guys that are "confused" and "dont get it"....im gonna TRY to explain....:)
    So, the guy is all sweet and full of compliments and "i want you Back".....the binge of food and emotional upset is due to the fact that it took her to lose weight and possibly change her ways and Now she's lost weight, looks good, and he's probably lonely, (and needs "fulfillment" in his life) it ticks us off, *kitten* kissing does nothing for us, especially after we've been hurt. (clear as mud?!?!) :)

sweetheart, an ex, is an ex for a reason! no need to let him upset you and make you run back to unhealthy eating....

Ive been thru the same thing in the past, and i think getting compliments from a complete stranger does more for me than to hear it come from an ex, or someone who's hurt me in the past....
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I was agreeing with your quote then making a comment about the original post.
  • honeybadger175
    honeybadger175 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Well of course we can! She has a deep fear of getting into a long tern relationship....so she did the first thing she knew to sabatoge it, emotional eating binge...
    She just needs to come to terms with that.