Motivated Momma's Week 7 (closed)

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Part 1- Time for walking...My goal is 10 miles.
    Friday- 2.5 miles
    Sat. 1.5 miles
    Part 2- Interval training...2/3 points
    Part 3- Logging...3/4 points

Strength
    6 points plus 3 Bonus points for a total of 9 points

Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg)...1/1 point
    Tuesday: Hip & Thigh Trimmer (do 2 sets of 12 on each side) 1/1 point
    Wednesday: Leg Toner (hold for 30 seconds & repeat twice) 1/1 point
    Thursday: Triceps Dip (do one set of 10) 1/1 point
    Friday: Ab & Butt Lift (do 2 sets of 12)
    Weekend: Full Body Stretch

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day)...3/3 points

Food challenge
    10 points + 3 bonus for recipe submission
    Created by Renu
    No junk food challenge for this week...4/5 points

Plus, your meals has to be 5 meals a day , this means no skipping breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. So you get 5 additional points on this one...4/5 points
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    Hi Ladies,I apologoze for being so "off" lately. I have just really been overwhelmed at work but I want to finish this challenge strong so heres to a better week next week. Before I went back to work I felt so much more a part of this and now with long hours at work I just feel like I am not putting my 100% in anymore. Why can't there be that extra hour a day of "me" time that wouldn't interfere with work or my son. I will figure this out, just know that I read all the posts and I love all you amazing ladies and think of you often, Even though I may not post daily.
    The last 2 days were a wash for me, no calories burned and not the greatest eating either but I know there is always tomorrow so I hope to wake up at 5 and workout before my long day of work, if I don't get that in atleast I know I will get in a good worlout tomorrow at work, I am setting up a second store so that includes alot of moving boxes and cleaning.

I thought this weeks challenge was great do you all want to stick with it for next week? It is our last week and if anyone has some really great ideas they would like to include that would be great!

Also Lynda and I have been brainstorming for our next challenge if anyone want's to stay with the group. We were thinking more of a monthly challenge and I will start messing with the spreadsheets and figure out a check in system. Then maybe we could do some fun weekly mini challenges or something. Having a month challenge were we follow more of the same routine may help.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Have a great night and good luck at weigh in tomorrow, I know I need it!

Karie

That sounds great! There is actually a new "group" section of this site where you can organize a group and have different topics within the group. It might work out nicely for us!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Cardio:
    Part 1- Walking 8 Miles 0/5pt - I didn't get this done. It has been SOOO cold out that walking with my little man was out of the questions.
    Part 2- Interval training 3/3
    Part 3- Logging 4/4

Strength:
    Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg) 1/1
    Tuesday: Hip & Thigh Trimmer (do 2 sets of 12 on each side) 1/1
    Wednesday: Leg Toner (hold for 30 seconds & repeat twice) 0/1
    Thursday: Triceps Dip (do one set of 10) 0/1
    Friday: Ab & Butt Lift (do 2 sets of 12) 1/1
    Weekend: Full Body Stretch 1/1
    Bonus: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days 0/3

Food challenge:
    No junk food 1/5
    Eat all your Meals 5/5
    Soup Recipe 0/3

Emotional 1/1
    What does food mean to you? Comfort, security, distress, anxiety, happiness, fuel, control. When you think "food" what comes to mind? Has your thoughts about food changed since starting your weight loss journey?

Food to be is a battle. It has changed a lot over the course of of my journey, and I am sure it will continue to change. Right now it is a source of anxiety for me, and a constant back thought! Whenever I think about food I worry about what I am going to eat and how it will effect me, but it is almost too much! I enjoy logging and planning my meals, but I feel like since I have started this journey I have been thinking more about food because I am more aware of what I am putting into my body. I have started to take control of my eating habits, but I still look at food as a challenge and source of anxiety at times.

Tuesday points - 2
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Cardio: Possible 12 points + Bonus miles in Part 1
    Part 1- Time for walking..19/15 miles --- Whoo! 5 +4 bonus!
    Part 2- Interval training. 2/3
    Part 3- Logging the details 4/4

Strength
    Created by Amy
    6 points plus 3 Bonus points for a total of 9 points

Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg) 1/1 DONE
    Tuesday: Hip & Thigh Trimmer (do 2 sets of 12 on each side) 1/1 Done
    Wednesday: Leg Toner (hold for 30 seconds & repeat twice) 1/1 done
    Thursday: Triceps Dip (do one set of 10)1/1 DONE
    Friday: Ab & Butt Lift (do 2 sets of 12) 1/1 done
    Weekend: Full Body Stretch 1/1 DONE

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day) 2/3 DONE

Food challenge
    10 points + 3 bonus for recipe submission
    Created by Renu
    No junk food challenge for this week. At least for 5 days this week - 3/5 DONE! Only .5 T of peanut butter too! :)

Plus, your meals has to be 5 meals a day , 3/5 DONE

Total 10 points.
    post your favorite soup recipe which earns you an extra 3 points (bonus) 3/3

Emotional
    1 point
    What does food mean to you? Comfort, security, distress, anxiety, happiness, fuel, control. When you think "food" what comes to mind? Has your thoughts about food changed since starting your weight loss journey? 1/1

Food has definitely come around for me-- from going to a boredom thing to actual fuel. I no longer think of gatherings of friends, or the bag of halloween candy taunting me from the cupboard.( no really, I don't!!) but how eating that chicken or putting cheese and avocado in my salad helps me get my body the good fats that it needs. Crazy!!

Tues- 19 pts. ( logging, strength( 2), but no bonus, walking plus 4, intervals, junk food for today.. (but not yesterday or sunday!), having 5 meals, emo, and I'm doing my soup right away! )
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Crockpot Pasta Fagioli Soup-- Based on the Olive Garden Soup!!!
    -- I actually prefer it without the meat and tobasco sauce.. but thought I would share the original!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/day-305.html?m=1

--1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
    --1/2 large red onion, chopped
    --1 cup carrots, chopped
    --2 celery stalks, sliced
    --2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (and juice)
    --1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    --1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
    --4 cups beef broth (check label for gluten!)
    --1 jar (26-ounce) pasta sauce
    --2 tsp oregano
    --1 T Tabasco sauce
    --1/2 tsp salt
    --1/4 tsp black pepper
    --1/2 cup dry pasta, to add at end of cooking time

The Directions.

Use a 6 quart or larger crockpot, or cut the recipe in half. This makes a lot.

Brown the meat on the stovetop, and drain well. Let it cool a bit.

Chop up the carrots, onion, and celery. Add it to the empty crockpot.
    Drain and rinse the beans, and add them. Add the whole cans of tomatoes, and the pasta sauce. Add the beef broth. Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and Tobasco sauce. Stir in your meat.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. When the vegetables are tender, stir in the 1/2 cup of dry pasta.

Cover and cook for another hour on low, or until the pasta is tender. It will swell quite a bit.

Serve with a bit of parmesan cheese if you have it.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Hi Ladies,I apologoze for being so "off" lately. I have just really been overwhelmed at work but I want to finish this challenge strong so heres to a better week next week. Before I went back to work I felt so much more a part of this and now with long hours at work I just feel like I am not putting my 100% in anymore. Why can't there be that extra hour a day of "me" time that wouldn't interfere with work or my son. I will figure this out, just know that I read all the posts and I love all you amazing ladies and think of you often, Even though I may not post daily.
    The last 2 days were a wash for me, no calories burned and not the greatest eating either but I know there is always tomorrow so I hope to wake up at 5 and workout before my long day of work, if I don't get that in atleast I know I will get in a good worlout tomorrow at work, I am setting up a second store so that includes alot of moving boxes and cleaning.

I thought this weeks challenge was great do you all want to stick with it for next week? It is our last week and if anyone has some really great ideas they would like to include that would be great!

Also Lynda and I have been brainstorming for our next challenge if anyone want's to stay with the group. We were thinking more of a monthly challenge and I will start messing with the spreadsheets and figure out a check in system. Then maybe we could do some fun weekly mini challenges or something. Having a month challenge were we follow more of the same routine may help.

Karie

That sounds great! There is actually a new "group" section of this site where you can organize a group and have different topics within the group. It might work out nicely for us!

Tasha just took words off my mouth.. Group works well and we can invite the members and begin our threads there.. :-) I am already on few groups and it is awesome..all at one place..
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Starting weight: 244.8 (May 31, 2011)
    Starting MM weight: 215.2
    Week 1 weight: 215.2
    Week 2 weight: 213.4
    Week 3 Weight: 213.6
    Week 4 Weight: 212.6
    Week 5 Weight: 212.6
    Week 6 Weight 212
    Week 7 Weight 213.6
    Weekly +/-: +1.6
    Total loss: - 31.2lbs

I am just so frustrated, I have worked really hard for months! I have a few bad weeks and here I am gaining!! It is just so hard to lose and so easy to put back on. I have got to focus the next few weeks, especially with Thanksgiving and Chrtistmas coming.

I hop all of you see a better number on that scale then I did today.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Emotional 1/1
    What does food mean to you? Comfort, security, distress, anxiety, happiness, fuel, control. When you think "food" what comes to mind? Has your thoughts about food changed since starting your weight loss journey?

Food to be is a battle. It has changed a lot over the course of of my journey, and I am sure it will continue to change. Right now it is a source of anxiety for me, and a constant back thought! Whenever I think about food I worry about what I am going to eat and how it will effect me, but it is almost too much! I enjoy logging and planning my meals, but I feel like since I have started this journey I have been thinking more about food because I am more aware of what I am putting into my body. I have started to take control of my eating habits, but I still look at food as a challenge and source of anxiety at times.

Hi all,

I'm doing my emotional challenge a day late. hope that is ok. Time just got away from me.

Tasha, everything you've said is exactly how I feel. I hate that food causes anxiety for me most days because I know that is not healthy. But at the same time, it's better than being completely oblivious to everything I put in my mouth I guess which is how I was before. So I keep going. And every now and then I have a day that I eat really well without any anxiety or concern and that gives me hope that my mindset is changing. I look forward to the day where I can think of food as just the fuel that keeps my body going as opposed to my current mindset. Everything else is changing for the better - I'm sure this will too.
  • losinit_4_good
    My points for M & T sucked. All I got was the junk food/5 meals a day points. This cold I'm battling has just sucked all the energy right out of me. Sorry girls. I hate to end the week on a poor performance :frown:
  • losinit_4_good
    Starting weight: 261 (May 31, 2011)
    Starting MM weight: 226.5
    Week 1 weight: 224.7
    Wee2 weight: 225.3
    Week 3 Weight: 225.3
    Week 4 Weight: 222.9
    Week 5 Weight: 222.9
    Week 6 Weight: 221.8
    Week 7 Weight: 219.1
    Weekly +/-: -2.7 lbs
    Total loss: - 41.9lbs!!!

Two words: Boo YAH!!!! My goal this week was to surpass the 40lbs lost marker. I generally shoot for every 10lbs as a goal but this one was special because I am officially 1/3 of the way to me end goal of 140lbs!!!! I'm so pumped I honestly wanted to cry happy tears post weigh in this morning. Monday morning I weighed in at 222.5. I so wanted to give up. But thanks to your encrouagement I kept going and monitored my cals super close, drank tons of water and clearly the formula worked! i'm so happy and so thankful for you gals for keeping me motivated!

Hope everyone else has a good weigh in this morning!
  • renubhat_82
    Sorry Ladies, I havent in my best spirit this week..Started off really good, but then later TOM arrived and I have been in terrible pain for past 2 days.. I did workout for those days, but pain struck again in the night.. I havent weighed in still, but I am sure I will be up (bloating badly...:cry: )

Lynda and Karie,

Today is a new week and dump everything from last week.. Start the week with new hopes and keep rocking.. :flowerforyou:

Lynda, congrats on the loss.. Karie, we will do it together, do not worry..
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member

Karie

I would love to continue this journey with all of you. No matter what the challenge, Im in!!! I also have a friend who just started her journey on MFP and I think she might like to join as well because she's already in love with MFP and I think all the support would really help her! I really like the monthly challenge idea, more of a routine from week to week, and easier to keep up with for all you busy moms that are working now too!
  • losinit_4_good
    dumb question: do we have a challenge for this week (week 8)? If so, please post the link to the new thread. If not, let's get creating!

Cardio -

Strength -

Food -

Emo -

Any takers?
  • losinit_4_good
    Sorry Ladies, I havent in my best spirit this week..Started off really good, but then later TOM arrived and I have been in terrible pain for past 2 days.. I did workout for those days, but pain struck again in the night.. I havent weighed in still, but I am sure I will be up (bloating badly...:cry: )

Renu, sorry you are having a tough time. New week and new challegne coming. It'll get better :flowerforyou:
  • LoveNevrNds
    So the weight I gained from TOM and my vacation is gone. This week will be a lot better I am sure. I have had a hard time getting up and exercising because of the cold gloomy weather, but no more excuses. I am going to set my alarm for 6:45am every day this week so I can get in an exercise video and shower before my little one gets up. I want to reach my goal of 35 lbs lost before Christmas, that means I still have 13.4 lbs left!!! I need to lose 2 lbs every week until Christmas to reach that goal. Here is hoping I can stay motivated and get to that goal!

My Progress
    Starting MFP Weight: 286.6
    MM Starting Weight (9/21): 267.4
    Week 1 Weight (9/28): 269
    Week 2 Weight (10/5): 268.6
    Week 3 Weight (10/12): 266.6
    Week 4 Weight (10/19): 265.4
    Week 5 Weight (10/26): 265
    Week 6 Weight (11/2): 266.4
    Week 7 Weight (11/9) 265
    Week loss/gain: -1.4
  • bella_babe_86
    dumb question: do we have a challenge for this week (week 8)? If so, please post the link to the new thread. If not, let's get creating!

Cardio -

Strength - ashley

Food -

Emo -

Any takers?
  • losinit_4_good

Cardio - Lynda

Strength - ashley

Food -

Emo -

Any takers?

Thanks for getting us started Ashley! All contributors please send me your challenge in a private message and I'll get it posted by tomorrow morning at the latest (depending on how fast contributions come in). Since Wednesday is half over already let's just call it a rest day and make the final challenge a 6 day one.
  • LoveNevrNds

Cardio - Lynda

Strength - ashley

Food - Tasha

Emo -

Any takers?
  • bella_babe_86
    Starting weight: 258(7/21/11)
    Starting MM weight: 241.3
    Week 1 weight: 239.4
    Week 2 weight: 237.2
    Week 3 Weight: 236.6
    Week 4 Weight: 236.6
    Week 5 Weight: 236.6
    Week 6 Weight 233.7
    Week 7 Weight 232.6
    Weekly +/-: -1.1 lbs
    Total loss: - 25.4 lbs
  • renubhat_82
    SW- 156.2
    Week 1- 156.4
    Week 2- 155.2
    Week 3- 158.2
    Week 4- 158.4
    Week 5- 158.2
    Week 6- 156.4
    Week 7- 159.2

Weekly gain- +1.8

Whats happening? I am never going below 155.. :-( Its just like a pendulum, going up and down... Thats why i started shred, whoever has done it has lost weight or inches.. ok I know this week I am bloating and I do not know the exact position, but will i prove Jillian wrong? lol...
This discussion has been closed.