To the ladies who are 5'4"....

Options

Replies

• kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Also 5'4"
    - what kind of build are you? I tried to measure with a tape measurer, once I got small wrists and medium from my elbow, which is more accurate?
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? I'm about 140 and wear a 9-10 (I'm a pear)
    - what is your goal weight and why? My current goal weight is around 132 but we'll see!
    - how old are you (if you don't mind sharing) I'm 24 years old
    - and have you had any kids? Not yet for me
  • gwennaelle
    gwennaelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'4.75". :D
    Small build.
    I'm at 150 and wear between a 6 and an 8.
    I want to be back down to 120, but realistically I'll probably shoot for 127-135.
    32, no kids.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you? medium to large (large according to wrist size but I'm not sure how accurate that is)
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? 156, Aussie size 10-12 (I think that's US 6-8)
    - what is your goal weight and why? 150 ish, though I'll be happy to maintain just about where I'm at.
    - how old are you (if you don't mind sharing)? 45
    - and have you had any kids? I've been pregnant, but don't have kids.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you? Don't know how to tell accurately, but I'd say definitely not small
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? Today I weigh 166.6 and wear pants in a 10 - 12
    - what is your goal weight and why? Undecided on this one. First goal was 165. Lowest weight ever (in my adult life) was 150 but not sure if I can get back there. I can actually wear dresses I fit into at that weight, so I think I'm a little more toned than I was then. It bugs me that my BMI says I should be less, but I think I'll look too thin if I go below 150...I'll have to see how it goes.
    - how old are you (if you don't mind sharing)? 36
    - and have you had any kids? 2, one by emergency c-section, one by VBAC. Hideous c-section scar and a significant tummy pouch, but my kids were well worth it!
  • landlwoof
    landlwoof Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you? (small, medium, large)
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear?
    - what is your goal weight and why?
    - how old are you (if you don't mind sharing)
    - and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) )
    ]

When I'm skinny I would say I'm a small build :-)
    I currently weight 221 and wear a size 20
    My goal weight is 135 lbs
    Yes I've had one baby by c-section
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you? (medium)
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? 128 lbs., size 4
    - what is your goal weight and why? 127 lbs. it is just the number I have been for most of my adult life.
    - how old are you 43
    - and have you had any kids? 6 pregnancies - 3 live births by c-section (plus my baby, adopted).

blessings.
  • theys1
    theys1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am not sure my build. I am also 5'4" and I consider myself to be stalky is the only way to describe it.

I am 31 and a mom to two beautiful kids both by c-section as well. I currently weight 146. I was wanting to get to 130 but after talking to my husband and looking at my body, I would seriously have to loose all my muscle and every inch of fat to get that low.... Realistically I think about 135-140 would suit me perfect for my body frame.

I am not sure on jeans as they all fit different. In silvers I wear a 29 and am close to a 28.

Right now I do strenght training 3 days a week doing a full body weight workout, and then the other two days I do cardio with core work. I am really trying to tone my body up while also still losing inches....
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you?
    I'm unsure, I would say medium-large? Big hips :)

Right now I weigh 135 and the last pair of pants I bought were a 5/6 (but I've only bought one pair since losing weight, so it could vary with stores).

My goal weight is about 120-125 lbs, BF% about 20%, and size 4 pants. I don't know why, I just feel like I still have fat to lose and this is where I would be happiest with my body!

- and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) )
    No kids!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    medium-large
    167, 15. Started wearing a 16 w
    120lbs because it'll put me in a healthy BMI range. And it's just why stop at 145 lol when you can goo all the way
    just turned 18 about a month ago
    hahaa i dont have any kind nor husband. I am a junior in High School:laugh:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3"
    small frame
    CW: 122.8lbs
    size 3/4 to 5/6
    GW 119lbs (the lowest weight I can currently get down to with an 18% body fat%-it was 112 up until a bit ago, when I realized that I already built up too much muscle to be able to acheive that wt without losinf lean muscle mass)
    30yrs old
    and one 13yr old kiddo (and it def does affect your body!)
  • bethtilgner
    Options
    what kind of build are you? Medium
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? I am at 143 (highest non-preg weight 206) and wear a size 8 pants
    - what is your goal weight and why? 125 would be great, but 130 is my goal
    - how old are you (if you don't mind sharing) 31 (32 in a Jan)
    - and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) ) 4 kids (ages 2,3,10 and 14!)

I also have a skin elasticity defect which means no matter how thin I get, my skin will always be wrinkly and saggy :(
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"

People say I'm a small frame but then they used to say I was a medium frame so I guess I'm somewhere between the two.

I'm 113lbs, an Australian size 6-8..... is that a 4 in US?

I'm at my goal weight.

I'm 27 years old.

I've had 3 kids..... no c-sections
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    To you ladies who are 5'4", some questions :)

-I think that if I didn't have any 'extra' around my waist I would be a medium build....but I've honest never seen it....hope to change that! :wink:
    -I currently weight 190...hopefully a pound or two less when I weigh in tomorrow :laugh: and I wear around a size 18
    -My goal weight is 160 because I've been around that size before and I was very comfortable, but my ideal weight is 150...5 lbs from a healthy weight for our height
    -I'm 28
    -I have three children..12, 9,and 6 months...all naturally
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options

I'm 5'4

I have a large build, I guess.
    I currently weight 194 and wear a size 14
    My current goal weight is 174 because this is my pre-pregnancy weight. My ultimate goal weight is 155 because I want to be able to shop anywhere, but I don't want to lose all my curves.
    I'm 27 years old.
    I have one child by c-section this past September and I to have the pooch but I'm hoping I can work on making that go away, is that not possible?
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    -Medium
    -Nope and nope
    -135lb.
    -Nope, not ever
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    -i'm 5'5" but i figured it was close....

-i'm a large build (at least i am according to my dr...)
    -i currently weigh 181lbs and i'm a size 10. sometimes an 8 and sometimes a 12 but mostly a 10.
    -my goal weight isn't set in stone. originally it was 140....however, now i think it's 160. my dr says that 160 will be perfect for me. i'll be like a size 6 at 160lbs.
    - i'm 25 years old
    - i have 2 kids so my belly is all kinds of messed up. lol.
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 with a small frame up top, medium on the bottom (hourglass shape)
    I currently weigh 130, I weighed 128 all summer and gained 2 pounds since September =/ I wear a size 4
    Goal Weight- is 125-126 because I want to be more slender then what I am now.
    I am 26, soon to be 27 on November 21st!
    No kids, but would like some in a couple years! I want to be in tip top shape before I have kids! (I heard you bounce back faster)

i used to heavy lift and weighed 142 two years ago but with light weights and tons of cardio I am back down (thank God) I do not suggest heavy lifting for woman because it hurt my knees and I always carried a mean swell n bloat!
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 133 and want to be 124lbs. I left school at 18 weighing 105lbs, was very active and naturally lean but too thin. I married at 28 weighing 118lbs and returned to that weight after having my daughter a year later. After number 2 arrived two years after that, it became much more difficult to lose weight and my tummy is not a pretty sight. I have been as low as 122 just last year but have let things slip and I've outgrown many of my UK size 10s and that's why I'm on here! I'm a slim build, very lean arms and ribs and from knees downwards, excess weight gathers between my waist and knees! It's hard to get my head round my MFP starting weight being an 'acceptable' weight (137lbs) since it's 32lbs more than I have weighted as an adult. So, 124 for me, hopefully.

I'm 43 but look about 35 apparently :)
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    - I am 5'3" and a large build
    - I am 198 pounds and a size 14 short
    - My goal is 130 pounds, because that is where I want to be
    - I will be 42 in less than a month, but have been told I look much younger :)
    - I have a 23 year old daughter. Before I had her I was 130 pounds, gained 35 during pregnancy and lost all of the baby weight before she was three months old.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    To you ladies who are 5'4", some questions :)