breaking dawn, anyone?

Options

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    here's a little peace offering for the anne rice camp (who i also dig) and non-twilighters who will surely come to this thread and look out of morbid curiousity...

lestat.jpg
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    it's not the vampires that I enjoy, it's the romance. we're just girls at heart. :)

I almost barfed up coffee.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Not me. Holding out for The Hunger Games. You know, with a strong female heroine who can take care of herself and doesn't whine about boys all the friggen time.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    here's a little peace offering for the anne rice camp (who i also dig) and non-twilighters who will surely come to this thread and look out of morbid curiousity...

lestat.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    No, thank you.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    34yofow.jpg
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm there!
  • chanstriste13
    Options

lestat.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

some people are glutton for punishment... they can't help but click!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've read the books and seen the movies mostly out of curiosity (like, what am I missing out on that so many are going crazy over) and have to say I wasn't a big fan of the first three... However, Breaking Dawn was by far the best book out of the series and I'm really looking forward to the movie(s). One of my besties and i are planning on seeing it together. Tried getting her into True Blood too - she likes the books but can't stomach the show, it's a bit too graphic for her (the blood/violence, not the sex).
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    <sheepishly posting> Fan of vampires....actually enjoyed the books ... Meyers is an engaging author ... little long winded about the whole emotional part and cant get the architypes right (sparkly vamps...huh?) .... but still keeps your attention though.. Seen the movies with my wife .. theyve been good date night material .. personally I can take it or leave it as far as the moves are concerned.. ... The DID however do a great job of my favorite character ... Alice
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    <sheepishly posting> Fan of vampires....actually enjoyed the books ... Meyers is an engaging author ... little long winded about the whole emotional part and cant get the architypes right (sparkly vamps...huh?) .... but still keeps your attention though.. Seen the movies with my wife .. theyve been good date night material .. personally I can take it or leave it as far as the moves are concerned.. ... The DID however do a great job of my favorite character ... Alice

you're my hero! i :heart: real men - you have a lucky wife! my husband is thinking about giving the books a go, and i have warned him about bella's depressing monologues and encouraged him to just skip those over. they do get rather old. but i dig them overall, too.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,974 Member
    Options
    I'm going on opening night, but to a special showing at 8pm. I'm too old to dress as a vampire since they are forever young. I could go as Bella's gran, but that doesn't seem like much fun. I'll wear my Bella Italia T-shirt.:bigsmile:
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I've read the books and seen the movies mostly out of curiosity (like, what am I missing out on that so many are going crazy over) and have to say I wasn't a big fan of the first three... However, Breaking Dawn was by far the best book out of the series and I'm really looking forward to the movie(s). One of my besties and i are planning on seeing it together. Tried getting her into True Blood too - she likes the books but can't stomach the show, it's a bit too graphic for her (the blood/violence, not the sex).

i think breaking dawn is the best too. i've read a few true bloods, but i can't get into it. i've never seen the show, though.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    you brave brave man hahaha my hubby wont admit to liking it but every time I turn the DVD's on he ends up sitting next to me watching every one haha!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I watched one of the Twilight movies on TV recently. I decided to see what all the hype was about.

I can honestly say, I wanted to cry. It was up there in the list of worst movies I have ever seen.

Twilight.jpg
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options

i think breaking dawn is the best too. i've read a few true bloods, but i can't get into it. i've never seen the show, though.
    True blood is the worst piece of crap show I have ever seen in my life...
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Twilight.jpg

this was already posted, i believe.
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    looking forward to going :) trying to get a group of girls to go together! its always much more fun that way. So we may not make the opening night, but definitely opening weekend!
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    you brave brave man hahaha my hubby wont admit to liking it but every time I turn the DVD's on he ends up sitting next to me watching every one haha!

I actually really like vampires... but more along the line of the Underworld / Blade path.....But I thought.... hey id give it a go .. I guess im comfortable with myself enough to recognize a good author when i hear of one..... Im one that will watch and ENJOY a romantic comedy with the misses as well
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Twilight.jpg

this was already posted, i believe.

Well then how about a different one. :tongue:
    twilight2.jpg