Big Bang Theory

Options
wbgolden
wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
It's one of the few shows (ever) for me that make me literally LOL. Every time. To the point that my kids have asked me what's got me laughing so much. Consistently funny going on 5+ seasons.

Does this put it in the Pantheon of best sitcoms ever?

Discuss...

Replies

• coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It is freaking brilliant!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I love it! Sheldon actaully has characteristics of Aspergers (autism spectrum). In fact at some classes I've even had the teacher play part of an episode to show the class.

You may remeber that my son has high functioning autisma dn my nephew has Apergers.

Anyway, I really love that show. It cracks me up every time!
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Just today I lolled while watching the ep where Penny gets the boys xmas pressies & Sheldon actually gave her a hug for his dna imprinted napkin. The Theory rocks.
  • wbgolden
    Options
    I totally agree. Just today I lolled while watching the ep where Penny gets the boys xmas pressies & Sheldon actually gave her a hug for his dna imprinted napkin. The Theory rocks.
    That was my favorite!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Never saw it.
  • wbgolden
    Options
    Never saw it.

LOL....see you brought nothing to the table there!
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love it!! It's one of the best shows out there right now. :)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    it is a brilliant show
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love it! Even though I don't get every single joke because I'm not a Sci-Fi fan.
    I've never laughed so hard at a sitcom in my life!
  • purplebabe2025
    Options
    And how cool is it that they bought Mayim Bialik back. (Hope I spelt it right.)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person who does not find it funny. :ohwell:

I have sat through entire episodes and did not laugh once. -- Yet I find Beavis and Butthead (amongst almost everything else) hilarious.

ETA: Go figure.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Bazinga! haha

Really like it. Very funny characters and dialogue.
  • wbgolden
    Options

I have sat through entire episodes and not laughed once. -- Yet I find Beavis and Butthead (amongst almost everything else) hilarious.

I'm the same way with B&B. Never laughed once. Thank the gods for variety, right?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I have sat through entire episodes and not laughed once. -- Yet I find Beavis and Butthead (amongst almost everything else) hilarious.

I think it's hilarious...but I also love Beavis & Butthead. I'm kind of a weirdo though...:ohwell:
  • purplebabe2025
    Options

I have sat through entire episodes and did not laugh once. -- Yet I find Beavis and Butthead (amongst almost everything else) hilarious.

ETA: Go figure.

I love Beavis and Butthead and I'm a black woman.
    Go figure that!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hells yeah. I **LOVE** that show. I have friends that LIVE it though... I'm like... the Penny... they're all Archaeologists, & Computer Programmers, & Lab Technicians... I feel RETARDED when I'm around them. They own EVERY board game known to man.... :tongue:

And my buddy Steve? He's like Walloweitz... dirty old man minus the age... Add a grass skirt, coconut bra, & a chainsaw wake-up call at 5am to the song "Barrett's Privateers" by Chieftans & Great Big Sea... & that's basically my social life. Complete with LAN parties (though they have kegs) & experimental explosives in the back yard.... :explode:

Oh... if you have to scare a bear away with fireworks from your van? Open MORE than one window. That was one experiment went wrong.... :noway:

Yep. I'm definitely "Penny" in my life.... :huh:
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's one of the only things I watch besides sports.
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Best show ever! Just watched three episodes back to back with my son last night :laugh:

Bazinga!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome show. Amy Farah Fowler (Mayim Hoya Bialik) is totally stealing the show.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    BBT is my favorite show since Scrubs. Great writing.