Muscle does not weigh more than fat... PROOF..

Options

Replies

• monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    dead_horse.gif

This is awesome!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I always get so confused with this argument (on a serious note)
    So does does anything weigh more than something else? Since a pound is a pound?
    So bricks don't weigh more than feathers since a pound is a pound? :grumble:

Btw: this post was hilarious xD

Everything weighs the same but 10lbs of something can be heavier than 10lbs of something else.

Unless! A random blog on the internet says otherwise.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    FatSuperman.jpg
    You forgot to take into account a couple of things.
    1. Superman can fly, so he can control the amount of weight is expressed on a scale.
    2. Spideman>Superman.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    That's it. I'm going to work for a couple hours then tonight I'm looking up all super heroes and we are putting this MYTH to bed!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

YEP...2 lbs weighs more than 1 lbs....LOL!

Seriously though...this silly argument aside, I just hate when people use it as an excuse to tell themselves (or someone else) that they are gaining all this muscle (and therefore losing fat) in some crazy-short amount of time
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Everything weighs the same but 10lbs of something can be heavier than 10lbs of something else.

ahh so its just a choice of words? True since weighs implies a scale weight, makes sense!
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    we are basing these findings on a fictional super hero??? Seriously???
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Seriously though...this silly argument aside, I just hate when people use it as an excuse to tell themselves (or someone else) that they are gaining all this muscle (and therefore losing fat) in some crazy-short amount of time

haha xD

I agree! Im not a fan of the "you're gaining all muscle, yeahhh!!!" responses either xD
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

421.gif
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    we are basing these findings on a fictional super hero??? Seriously???

Look what part of the boards you are on ;-)
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Superman weighs 215 pounds and has roughly the same shoulder and frame that I have. According to research on the internet. I weigh 300 pounds and I have more fat then Superman. I also looked up body fat % and by the numbers I found on the internet and my own numbers I have proven that fat is 1.283% heavier then muscle. Now we can quit having this conversation! Superman and I have spoken!

1) FACT: Superman's weight is KRYPTON WEIGHT! He weighs only 215 on earth because of the YELLOW SUN! If there was no gravity Superman would weigh close to 1,000,000 pounds based on his strength.

2) FACT Superman is faster than a speeding bullet. The fastest man in the world runs a 2 hour marathon. That's about 13mph. Supes flies at speeds to the speed of light. How man frickin carbs does that burn buddy?

3) FACT; Superman burns 10x as many calories with his heat vision. In an experiment recently i poured scalding water into my eyes to see if i could do something similar. I am not stupid..I didn't put fire to them it would burn permanently.

4) FACT: Superman NEVER eats back his exercise calories.

Hope this clears up anything about Supermans BMI!
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Let's pretend that Superman really did exist. He didn't have a lot of muscle mass, it was our Sun's light that gave him his incredible strength.

Worst of all I cannot believe I allowed myself to even respond to this idiocy.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I don't believe a word Superman says. CrossedArms.gif

If it had been said by Spiderman then I would believe it.
    Amen! Superman is a known liar!

Superman and Spiderman are both liars or they wouldn't have to hide their identities! How can you believe either of them?

But then Batman is also a know liar.

Do any of the Superheroes tell the truth? :sad:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    horse1.gif
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    omg, why does this get mentioned every day. use the search function. Arrrghhh.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Superman and Spiderman are both liars or they wouldn't have to hide their identities! How can you believe either of them?

Just the villians.. then the good guys use that time to get out of the trap and ruin everything.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

not cool! They stand for truth and justice. Can't get anymore honest than that.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    omg, why does this get mentioned every day. use the search function. Arrrghhh.

LOL, you can always tell when someone comes in and posts and didn't read the topic.
  • cschu544
    Options
    Let's pretend that Superman really did exist. He didn't have a lot of muscle mass, it was our Sun's light that gave him his incredible strength.

Worst of all I cannot believe I allowed myself to even respond to this idiocy.

Oh stop, you're on fun & games part of the boards
  • cschu544
    Options

Only the ones who wear red in August when there is a full moon. Then, and ONLY then, does this theory become relevant.