Muscle does not weigh more than fat... PROOF..

Options

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

& WTF. FAMILY GUY IS REAL! It's what I base my religion on!

:drinker:
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Speaking of that... I wonder what work would think if they see my google history....

What is supermans measurements
    What does superman weight
    He-man photos
    Annoying photos for messageboards
    Spike 84 diet
    What is batmans measurements
    calculation to figure out muscle density
    How to figure out volume of an object
    How much doe batman weigh
    animated gifs to pi$$ people off

I think we'd think that you need to take an English class to review grammar as well as a science class to re-think your logic.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    1kg of fat takes up 18% MORE space than 1kg of muscle. FACT
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    Superman weighs 215 pounds and has roughly the same shoulder and frame that I have. According to research on the internet. I weigh 300 pounds and I have more fat then Superman. I also looked up body fat % and by the numbers I found on the internet and my own numbers I have proven that fat is 1.283% heavier then muscle. Now we can quit having this conversation! Superman and I have spoken!

I AGREE muscle doesnt way more than fat a certified trainer on msn wrote an article about how they both weight the same but muscle has a smoother shape than fat which looks like a brick :/

thanks a lot.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    dead_horse.gif
    yup °^^^^^^^
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    dead_horse.gif

This could be one of the best things i've ever seen on this site. It made me literally LOL...
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    1kg of fat takes up 18% MORE space than 1kg of muscle. FACT

False. Not everyones muscle and fat is the same. You can't throw out percents like that.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Was anyone expecting to see a pound of animal fat on one side of a scale and a pound of animal muscle on the other side, and then wincingly clicked on this thread out of morbid curiousity? Or was that just me?

Edited to add: I am now wondering about my psyche...
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    A serious train wreck occurs *exactly* at the US/Canadian border. In which country are the survivors buried?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    You arent considering the fact that superman is not human, he is from Krypton. Muscle fibers might (and most likely certainly are) much much different than human muscle fibers

Thus is why we are going to find out the other super heroes tonight and have a super heroes body fat showdown!

Sorry, I have plans. :-P
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Is it really hard to understand 1lbs fat = 1 lbs muscles?

Sarcasm and humor isn't your strong point is it...

No it's not. But to play along, Chuck Norris can beat Superman any day,
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    OP Does it really matter? As long as you can differentiate muscle from fat then you are set...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more, it is denser..
    I hear it's heavier... :bigsmile:

Qarol, this is a good try, but clearly you don't understand entirely the distinction between weight and heaviness. You and your fancy book learnin'. Fortunately for you, i think i might know someone who can explain it really coherently for you.
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    if i looked like superman and weighed 300 pounds i wouldnt give a damn!!!!!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    A serious train wreck occurs *exactly* at the US/Canadian border. In which country are the survivors buried?

Mexico.

They died after getting off the train and taking a plane to Mexico that crashed near Cabo San Lucas. They should have waited on Superman to save them with his heavy muscles so they could fly safely to their vacation destination.
  • bootcampsam
    Options
    That is a myth.................Ask yourself the old question of: "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?” They weigh the same. "A pound is a pound!” I agree that anyone looks better muscular than fat. I know this because I used to be into bodybuilding and had that V-shape. But now that I'm 53 years old, out of shape, eating junk food for years and not weightlifting any, I do look very different from back in the day. Sometimes looking into the mirror I ask myself............"Just what happened and who is that looking at me?" But since 13 Oct 11 I am back on the road to eating right and have lost 26 lbs so far with about 40 more to go. I know that I will never have that young body again but at least I won't scare myself to death looking in the mirror. Good luck to all that is on the weight loss cycle....................
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    That is a myth.................Ask yourself the old question of: "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?” They weigh the same. "A pound is a pound!” I agree that anyone looks better muscular than fat. I know this because I used to be into bodybuilding and had that V-shape. But now that I'm 53 years old, out of shape, eating junk food for years and not weightlifting any, I do look very different from back in the day. Sometimes looking into the mirror I ask myself............"Just what happened and who is that looking at me?" But since 13 Oct 11 I am back on the road to eating right and have lost 26 lbs so far with about 40 more to go. I know that I will never have that young body again but at least I won't scare myself to death looking in the mirror. Good luck to all that is on the weight loss cycle....................

You really should read the posts in this thread before an attempt at a serious comment. Sarcasm is your friend.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Superman weighs 215 pounds and has roughly the same shoulder and frame that I have. According to research on the internet. I weigh 300 pounds and I have more fat then Superman. I also looked up body fat % and by the numbers I found on the internet and my own numbers I have proven that fat is 1.283% heavier then muscle. Now we can quit having this conversation! Superman and I have spoken!

You can't compare yourself to superman. He has special powers and special fat and special muscle mass. THAT's already been proven .. THAT's a fact Jack! .. That's why he can fly! Sheesh .. It's not rocket surgery!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I don't believe a word Superman says. CrossedArms.gif

If it had been said by Spiderman then I would believe it.

yes. however, aquaman would have been a close second..
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    I think its funny that this turned into 8+ pages lol