TEAM January-ers

Options
This is a brand new team. It was proposed on the thread -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38168-teams

Weekly weigh-ins (at least four of us are starting with a weigh-in tomorrow - Friday)

Strictly for accountability and motivation and support. We are not in competition with any other teams, and anyone can join. Just come here to talk to your peeps and post your weight once a week. I will start tomorrow. We will discuss the whole "name" thing.......since January is almost over, I think we could be TEAM February-ers starting next Friday.

Look for this thread in Motivation & Support.

Fun! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    This is a brand new team. It was proposed on the thread -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38168-teams

Weekly weigh-ins (at least four of us are starting with a weigh-in tomorrow - Friday)

Strictly for accountability and motivation and support. We are not in competition with any other teams, and anyone can join. Just come here to talk to your peeps and post your weight once a week. I will start tomorrow. We will discuss the whole "name" thing.......since January is almost over, I think we could be TEAM February-ers starting next Friday.

Look for this thread in Motivation & Support.

Fun! :flowerforyou:
  • Mette
    Mette Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi there, I would like to join your team. I have been at this since newyear with a starting weight of 262 lbs. Today I weigh 248, so I lost 13 pounds allready. My goal is 165. :smile:

I vote for the name : TEAM February- ers :wink:

Will the tread read ? : TEAM February- ers Then it will be easier for me to find. :laugh:

Keep on keeping on.

Wanning
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I posted on the other thread... just hoping I can join the team.... hoping, hoping, hoping:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hi there, I would like to join your team. I have been at this since newyear with a starting weight of 262 lbs. Today I weigh 248, so I lost 13 pounds allready. My goal is 165. :smile:

I vote for the name : TEAM February- ers :wink:

Will the tread read ? : TEAM February- ers Then it will be easier for me to find. :laugh:

Keep on keeping on.

Wanning

This is THE THREAD for now. Next Friday it will become TEAM FEBRUARY-ers. For clarity. Under Motivation and Support. Whoever loses the most weight this week is welcome to change the name - but you have to message everyone and let them know! Maybe we can stick the winner's name in the title. Like "lulubars FEBRUARY-ers" (as an example). But we need to stick to a plan!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Cool! Count me in :)

I started out on Jan 6th at 240. Current weight is 234 :)

Go Team!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I messaged 12 people so far that expressed interest! COOL!

"TEAM January-ers" is on the Board. I sent you all this link. We'll stay HERE till next Friday - - then decide again! LosingIt4Good is the first official weight poster.

I was at 172 last Friday.
    Be back tomorrow for new weight.

:glasses:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    g'nite peeps. See you tomorrow. chicken.gif
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I weighed in last week at 151. This morning I was down to 148!! I haven't been below the 150 mark in FOREVER!!!

Though I know I'm not going to be the one losing the most weight, this is VERY awesome for me!!! Can't wait to lose more!!!
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Can I come in too please :embarassed:

I started on 26/01/09 (Scottish girl here, we do our dates the other way around for those confused :smile: ) and weighed 164, so far I've lost 3lbs but I don't plan on weighing myself again until Monday as I get too obsessed with weigh ins.

Hubby and I are going to be discussing joining a marathon walk for charity later on today so that would be a great incentive for me to keep at it!

Well done everyone for all the lbs you've lost!!! We'll reach our goals in no time :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I weighed in last week at 151. This morning I was down to 148!! I haven't been below the 150 mark in FOREVER!!!

Though I know I'm not going to be the one losing the most weight, this is VERY awesome for me!!! Can't wait to lose more!!!

Thst's awesome Mander! I can't remember 150 - probably won't ever be ther again at 5'9".
  • cmriverside
    Options

I started on 26/01/09 (Scottish girl here, we do our dates the other way around for those confused :smile: ) and weighed 164, so far I've lost 3lbs but I don't plan on weighing myself again until Monday as I get too obsessed with weigh ins.

Hubby and I are going to be discussing joining a marathon walk for charity later on today so that would be a great incentive for me to keep at it!

Well done everyone for all the lbs you've lost!!! We'll reach our goals in no time :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Welcome Scots! Your country kept me up last night! (We have a late-night talk show comedian who makes me laugh.) THEN I was awakened to rattling closet doors and shaking bed just a little over an hour ago!!!!

EARTHQUAKE! :noway: 4.5 magnitude just about 10 miles from me. Hate earthquakes. I'm still a little shaky and I'm sure I'm up for the day now - so only 4 hours sleep....:yawn:
  • will4change
    Options
    Please let me also join in. I'm new to the site. And I can definately useand possibly give all the support. My goal is to reach 135 lbs by the summer 2009.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Please let me also join in. I'm new to the site. And I can definately useand possibly give all the support. My goal is to reach 135 lbs by the summer 2009.

Welcome! We are very loosely organized - about 15 people so far! Weigh in when you want and come here to chat and for support.
    Good luck! :drinker:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too! I can't weigh in until tomorrow , though since I am at work already.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Me too! Me too! I can't weigh in until tomorrow , though since I am at work already.

BWAH HA ha. No worries, friend. Weigh ins done whenever you want to. Once a week seems towork best for me.

edit ........oops not PM :embarassed:
  • mandersen16
    Options

Welcome Scots! Your country kept me up last night! (We have a late-night talk show comedian who makes me laugh.) THEN I was awakened to rattling closet doors and shaking bed just a little over an hour ago!!!!

EARTHQUAKE! :noway: 4.5 magnitude just about 10 miles from me. Hate earthquakes. I'm still a little shaky and I'm sure I'm up for the day now - so only 4 hours sleep....:yawn:

Where do you live that you had an earthquake cmriverside?? :noway: That would be horrible!

And thank you for the encouraging words!!
  • cmriverside
    Options

Where do you live that you had an earthquake cmriverside?? :noway: That would be horrible!

And thank you for the encouraging words!!

In the NorthWest United States. :grumble:

And the comedian is from Scotland, Craig Ferguson (didn't mention that part) he cracks me up.
  • andersonchristineg
    andersonchristineg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I was 139.4 this morning, which is exactly what I weighed three weeks ago. Granted I screwed up royally both weekends in between, but still. It's unmotivating. So I am calling today day 1 and seeing what I can accomplish when I successfully make it through this weekend without caving to the desire to eat everything in sight. Apparently I lost 1" on my waist, hips and thighs. Tell me how that works? haha. Muscle weighs more than fat right? We'll call it an anomaly and keep on keeping on.
    I'm glad so many people are interested in supporting others on this team :)
    I think we ought to stick with January-ers as the thread title so we don't have to keep looking for new thread names. Just a thought.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Well, I was 139.4 this morning, which is exactly what I weighed three weeks ago. Granted I screwed up royally both weekends in between, but still. It's unmotivating. So I am calling today day 1 and seeing what I can accomplish when I successfully make it through this weekend without caving to the desire to eat everything in sight. Apparently I lost 1" on my waist, hips and thighs. Tell me how that works? haha. Muscle weighs more than fat right? We'll call it an anomaly and keep on keeping on.
    I'm glad so many people are interested in supporting others on this team :)
    I think we ought to stick with January-ers as the thread title so we don't have to keep looking for new thread names. Just a thought.

Christine(?) - I like the idea of keeping the name the same. The team started in January, so TEAM January-ers is good - except that if new people want to join, I don't want to discourage them.....what do you think about that?? If we started a new one at the first of each month, and we made a big announcement here on the thread, it shouldn't be that hard to track.....the other teams start a new thread weekly or monthly. Do you think it would be easier to manage the numbers of folks who will naturally come and go if the thread is kept shorter?

Sounds like you are on the right track. I HATE the last ten. It took me almost three months to lose them last year after dropping 37 lbs in three months.

But we can do it. I'm shooting for one pound a week, and that will take me until April 25. ACK!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hey cmriverside! Thanks for starting the thread and for letting us know about it! I love your initiative! And YIKES!:noway: An earthquake?!?! I think I would hate that too - so unexpected... I live in the land of hurricanes - at least we get some notice:ohwell: I think the earth's plates might be shifting though because of the enthusiasm and weight loss going on with TEAM January-ers!!

Congrats all on pounds down this week! I was flat last week - no weight loss AT ALL:explode: BUT I know there will be plateaus along the way ... patience, paaaaatience... lost a pound this week:bigsmile:

Started at 205, in four weeks now I am at 197... averaging 2 pounds a week, even though 6 pounds of it came off the first week.

This coming week I am adding another 15 minutes to my strength training and another 10 minutes to my cardio... baby steps:wink: