TEAM January-ers

Options

Replies

• andersonchristineg
    Options
    Ok, so I have established that I have an emotional eating problem. When I get bored mostly. I don't really know what happens. It's like my motivation shuts down and I don't even think about what I am eating. It doesn't even register that I am going to regret this, its not worth it, dont do it! I just eat. And then I feel like crap. It happens every weekend and every monday I say this exact same thing. I just stop caring on the weekends and its driving me crazy that I can't knock it the hell off!
  • chantybear
    Options
    Ok, so I have established that I have an emotional eating problem. When I get bored mostly. I don't really know what happens. It's like my motivation shuts down and I don't even think about what I am eating. It doesn't even register that I am going to regret this, its not worth it, dont do it! I just eat. And then I feel like crap. It happens every weekend and every monday I say this exact same thing. I just stop caring on the weekends and its driving me crazy that I can't knock it the hell off!

I have the exact same problem! Before I was monitoring my cal intake, and what not I have to be out of the house to not think of food constantly. When I am home all day or mostly, and bored, every hour I am like hmmm...what to eat. You just need to get yourself on a regular eating schedule, and when you feel nibbly (eating between meals, other than healthy snacks) just drink tea, water, or chew some gum. I find it helps! Good luck it is a hard habit to break!:smile:
  • chantybear
    Options
    I like THE team, for a name!
  • smontoya1
    Options
    Accountability and support is exactly what alot of us need. I would love to join!

I am currently 138.4 lbs as of this morning. My goal weight is anywhere from 110-115 lbs, it depends on how I look and feel. I don't want to be too skinny. I am going for fit and healthy...very toned!

Go team February-ers!
  • smontoya1
    Options
    Congratulations Mander!

I'm definitely rooting for you!

What's the hardest thing for you through this whole process change?

I can't seem to say no to food. It's like I know my body is full and I don't need or want it...but I don't say no...it's so annoying!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

I am in the same boat. This site has definitely helped some, but I can really put away a large amount of food if I am in the mood and then I am back to square one. I have found that changing up my routine helps. Maybe your weekend routine is in a rut and you could add exercise or something fun to mix it up so you're not bored. You can do it, but I know it IS difficult.

Just come here and yell for help when you feel the need to graze and we'll all talk you out of it! :flowerforyou:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Getfit - Sorry for your team's loss today:sad:

cmriverside - Congrats for your team's win:bigsmile:

I just watched for the fun of it - and it was a REALLY EXCITING fourth quarter:noway: Lots of fun!

It was very exciting, what a bummer (I am sure cmriverside will disagree on the bummer part! :laugh: )
  • ethan19blue
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am the same way. Weekends and Monday's are the worst. I eat because I am bored and don't think about it. However, am I crazy to think that I can cheat a little as long as I stay in my calorie range. For example, what if I splurge and eat a 230 calorie snickers. I know not healthy, but if I have the calories for it will it hurt me?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options

I just watched for the fun of it - and it was a REALLY EXCITING fourth quarter:noway: Lots of fun!

It was very exciting, what a bummer (I am sure cmriverside will disagree on the bummer part! :laugh: )

ha ha. I've been sick for two days (food poisoning yesterday - just not back to normal yet.) I turned on the TV last night at 10PM and had to search for the Superbowl winner. get_fit, I too am still angry at the refs for robbing the Seahawks of the win at the Superbowl CrossedArms.gif so I'm not really a big fan. Sorry your little red birdies got stomped :wink:

I liked THE Team because it is easy to remember, and after all - all of US are on it, so it is "THE" team.

More later. The computer screen is way too bright. Back to bed. I've only been up about 6 of the last 48 hours.....:sick: Hopefully tomorrow I'll be all better....
  • cmriverside
    Options

Christine,

I think we all have that problem - sometimes it isn't even boredom - just availability. Join us on our "daily gratitude" thread - or the one others use that's called "what have you done today to make you feel proud?" It helps me to think of what I got right that day, or what I am happy about.

Food is tough. I'm in the same spot you are, we both lost a lot of weight and then let it start to sneak back on. We know we can do this! We can motivate others. But I ate and drank what I wanted all summer, and didn't start to gain the weight back until it got cold and I wasn't out being active. Then - BAM. 10 pounds in two months.

Keep coming back....:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    ha ha. I've been sick for two days (food poisoning yesterday - just not back to normal yet.) I turned on the TV last night at 10PM and had to search for the Superbowl winner. get_fit, I too am still angry at the refs for robbing the Seahawks of the win at the Superbowl CrossedArms.gif so I'm not really a big fan. Sorry your little red birdies got stomped :wink:

I liked THE Team because it is easy to remember, and after all - all of US are on it, so it is "THE" team.

More later. The computer screen is way too bright. Back to bed. I've only been up about 6 of the last 48 hours.....:sick: Hopefully tomorrow I'll be all better....

You poor girl!!!! Everyone around me here is sick also. Mostly with the coughing/hacking/runny nose crud and believe me I have been a germaphobe trying NOT to catch any of it! :angry: :grumble: :laugh: I sooooo do not want to get sick right now. I havent been sick in over a year...no colds, no nothing! If I get sick, I know its gonna be something that knocks my butt in the dirt...so I'll pass!!

:flowerforyou: Feel better soon!!
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey ethan19blue,
    Was that a regular size snicker bar and if so and you ate the whole thing then times that 230 you ate by 2.5..That would be 575 calories:noway: . Scary huh? My fav candy bar is the peanut butter twix so I really know what im talking about.:flowerforyou:
  • ethan19blue
    Options
    Oh, I really did not pay attention to that.

• cmriverside
    Options
    Oh, I really did not pay attention to that.

:sad: :sad: :cry: would be MY response, ethan :laugh: You have a much better attitude than I do!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    so the score so far on the name:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    THE Team = 5
    CAN DO = 3
    February-ers = 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Keep those ideas coming! Whatever name we choose we'll start a new thread with the new name. I'll post the link at the end of the night (here) on Thursday night. Each week we'll start a new thread with the same name, but with dates - to keep the threads shorter. We'll decide on Thursday night. :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey ethan19blue,
    Was that a regular size snicker bar and if so and you ate the whole thing then times that 230 you ate by 2.5..That would be 575 calories:noway: . Scary huh? My fav candy bar is the peanut butter twix so I really know what im talking about.:flowerforyou:

Oh oh!! I learned something new today... speaking of snickers...WHOLE GRAIN POPTARTS....(I couldnt believe this when I read it on "Eat this, not that") have just as much sugar in them as a 230 cal snickers bar. Whole grain!? I dont eat poptarts, just thought if ever given the choice between the 2, I would definitely pick the snickers bar!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I dont eat poptarts, just thought if ever given the choice between the 2, I would definitely pick the snickers bar!

amen.
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    OMG I LOVE snickers! I don't even dare eat one. That will be one sippery slope I wont be able to claw my way back from just yet. I'll just stick to my peanut butter with apples *sigh*
  • mandersen16
    Options
    The thing about letting yourself eat crap like that, is that it's easier to do it a second time. I learned that the hard way. I forgot my lunch one day and went through a drive thru for lunch and didn't feel like I gained anything (whatever makes me feel good right?). So then i did it the next day and pretty soon, I put on all that weight I had already lost.

I am a HUGE weekend eater too!! I don't know if it's just because it's available or what. When I feel the need to eat, I either go walk on the treadmill or go outside. It's FREEZING out right now so it's usually the treadmill. I think once you get in the habit of eating healthy on the weekend, you'll be fine. But you're probably like me and that was my time to really eat. But then it makes it easy to cheat the rest of the time.

So in short :wink: , if you feel like eating, go workout instead :happy:

So glad you joined us smontoya1!!!!
  • get_fit2009
    Options

G'mornin' - how r u feeling? (Oh, sorry, I forgot, I am not texting on the phone to my kids) - I mean, how are you feeling? Is it a :sick: day or a :happy: day? Hope you are feeling better and, hey, look on the bright side - maybe you lost a couple pounds from being sick! :laugh:
  • chantybear
    Options
    How is everyone doing this morning? I have a mid-term in an hour and a half!!!! :frown: :frown: