TEAM January-ers

Options

Replies

• vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Well done everyone!!!!! Fantabulous jobs on the weight loss :happy:

Well I caved and weighed in a day early. I started a week ago at 164lbs. Today I weighed .............. 159lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYAAAAYY!!!! I'm sooooo happy. I've been trying to stick to it all week, drinking water AND exercising and it seems to have worked :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Crappy food day for me!! :cry:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Well I caved and weighed in a day early. I started a week ago at 164lbs. Today I weighed .............. 159lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYAAAAYY!!!! I'm sooooo happy. I've been trying to stick to it all week, drinking water AND exercising and it seems to have worked :bigsmile:

WOW!! Nice job!!!! Congratulations!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Crappy food day for me!! :cry:

Today was bad for me also, but only after dinner. My mom & brother are moving out of state and are leaving Monday so we went out to eat tonight and of course we hit the buffet. I tried to make really good choices there. Stuck with fish & shrimp and a good salad. Had a little fat free frozen yogurt and a little of that hot fudge brownie cake for dessert. (I couldnt help it...I love that stuff and havent had sweets for a while) When I got home i looked up the nutritional info on the web and was surprised that the fish was not the lowest cal stuff on the menu! Even tho it was baked! So.. I went over by about 200 cals today (which was about the equivelent of desert) even tho I worked my butt off at the gym.

Oh well....Tomorrow is a new day with no buffet to stand in my way...:laugh:
  • vonzo
    Options
    Tomorrow is definitely a new day! The best you thing can do is just leave it behind you and not let it make you feel guilty. We're only human (or are we dancers :laugh: ) so of course we slip up.

Just say "ahh bugger it, so what! Tomorrow is a new day and I WILL do better!!"

Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options

That's Fantastic! :bigsmile:
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyyy for you! :bigsmile: I have a closet full of stuff I've outgrown and I can't wait to start fitting back into it! Congrats on your loss this month - Way to GOOOOO!
    :drinker:
    [/quote]
    Help, my closet is overun with smaller sized pants and my selection is getting VERY limited! HA! Thats what I used to think before getting with you guys. I am absolutely sure that I will reach my goal, and I definitely believe there are Team January-ers out there that will reach theirs. Why? Because there isn't anything better than being healthy, I've been physically hurt (it sucks) and I know people that have all the knowledge and motivation to get healthy and yet they smoke like a smoke like a desiel truck and complain about being fat. Not my Team January-ers...we are on our way to success, we are motivated, and we have each other. Go Team. :smile:
    132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning, TEAM! Are we officially the February-ers now? :smile: Ok, we gotta all root for each other today. I was gonna let loose for the Superbowl, but now I really don't wanna. I peeked at the scale this morning and I am down a pound, yay! :happy: But now I don't want that to go in reverse for what? A football game? I'm going to the gym in a bit and then I think I will go to the store and get a couple light beers (wah, no micro-brews :sad: ) and pack my own drink cooler with those and some Diet Dr. Peppers for the party we are going to. I just gotta steer clear of the goodies - not altogether, but I need to not conveniently plunk my rear down in the easy chair closest to the bowl of M&Ms. :laugh:

Oh yeah - Go Cardinals!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options

Oh yeah - Go Cardinals!

WHAT?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Ok. THE NAME.

Some of us want to change each month (to like TEAM February-ers) and some of us want to leave it at TEAM January-ers. We need to vote. By Friday, we should decide. Either post your opinion here or send me a PM. If I hear nothing from some of you, the majority rules.

For now - STAY HERE!!! Or else. I come to your house and make you do a spin class..........twilight-zone.gif

Carry on.
  • get_fit2009
    Options

Oh yeah - Go Cardinals!

WHAT?

Oh, c'mon, don't tell me you want the Steelers?! :noway: I am a loyal Seahawk fan, no matter how bad they are in a given season. After the way the refs threw the Superbowl a few years back :explode: - go Cards! :happy:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Ok. THE NAME.

Some of us want to change each month (to like TEAM February-ers) and some of us want to leave it at TEAM January-ers. We need to vote. By Friday, we should decide. Either post your opinion here or send me a PM. If I hear nothing from some of you, the majority rules.

For now - STAY HERE!!! Or else. I come to your house and make you do a spin class..........twilight-zone.gif

Carry on.

I am torn. I would like to stay on January since that is where we started. But if others are as chatty as me, :laugh: the thread will get too long and we'll have to lock it and start over anyway.

Oh yeah, I went and spun (?) by myself since there was no class but they let us use the bikes if we want to, so no coming over to make me spin more or my legs will fall off.
  • Wolfena
    Options
    I like the idea of keeping the same name instead of changing it all the time.... but starting a new thread each week.

Next Friday we could start a new one called "Team January-ers week 2" or something similar.

I will survive if we MUST change it to "February-ers" - I'm just putting my 2 cents in :tongue:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I like the idea of keeping the same name instead of changing it all the time.... but starting a new thread each week.

Next Friday we could start a new one called "Team January-ers week 2" or something similar.

I will survive if we MUST change it to "February-ers" - I'm just putting my 2 cents in :tongue:

I agree....and also if whoever starts the new thread each week could link everyone to it by posting the new thread link at the end of the old thread it will make it easier for everyone to find it :)

I vote same name also with new threads each week :)
  • Kelleighanne
    Options

I agree with this. I'd like the week 1, week 2 stuff, so we can keep track of things better.

I've had a horrible food day too. I'm a little down today for some reason and it's showing.
  • vonzo
    Options
    I think we should keep one name but in all honesty I don't like the name Team January-ers (SORRY!!) I find it very difficult to say and I end up stuttering in my head :embarassed:

How about a completely different name? Something that still shows we all started at the beginning of the new year?

How about "Freshstart '09" or something along those lines?

If you all think it's garbage just say :sad: :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    Options

I agree with this. I'd like the week 1, week 2 stuff, so we can keep track of things better.

I've had a horrible food day too. I'm a little down today for some reason and it's showing.

Oh, hang in there! Go for a walk, you'll burn some calories AND it will pick up your spirits. Drink some water too and flush out the ook. (I dunno, new word.) Feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Options
    I think we should keep one name but in all honesty I don't like the name Team January-ers (SORRY!!) I find it very difficult to say and I end up stuttering in my head :embarassed:

How about a completely different name? Something that still shows we all started at the beginning of the new year?

I don't care if we change the name permanently.... I just think it'd be weird to constantly change it. How about people make suggestions and we'll vote on them & decide by next Friday?!

I think we ended up with "January-ers" because it was the only suggestion for a name that was made at all! :laugh:

:smile:
  • get_fit2009
    Options

I don't care if we change the name permanently.... I just think it'd be weird to constantly change it. How about people make suggestions and we'll vote on them & decide by next Friday?!

I think we ended up with "January-ers" because it was the only suggestion for a name that was made at all! :laugh:

:smile:

Name suggestions, eh? This could get funny. :laugh:
  • Wolfena
    Options
    OK. so I'll start the list - whoever has one to add just copy and paste these to your reply and add yours to the bottom!

January-ers
    Fresh Start '09
    The Nutritional Nutcases
    The Blubber Bashers
    The Obesity Obliteraters
    Lightweight for Lifers

K- I can come up with more, but want you guys to think of some too!