Those with daughter: HPV Vaccination

Options
123457»

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

The majority of vaccines do not contain thimerosal anymore - they haven't for about ten years. http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm As you can see from that link, some flu shots do contain trace amounts of thimerosal, but you could always ask for another brand without thimersol, like Flumist.

You would be surprised. Thimerosol was briefly removed by FDA from vaccines for about 2 years in the USA, but they allowed it back in. It is outlawed in much of Europe.

I am a parent of 4 kids, each of whom has received some amount of vaccines, on varying schedules, according to my increasing awareness. Shots containing multiple vaccines DO contain thimerosol; single vaccine shots may or may not contain it. Most American medical offices offer these 3-in-one, or 4-in-one vaccines as a matter of convenience. You may (and as far as I'm concerned, SHOULD) ask for single vaccine shots for your children, however many people do not know, and many people sign consents without reading them (I was guilty of this with my first child--I just did whatever the doctor said to do).

If there weren't verified dangers, you wouldn't be given a consent form to sign. Yes, not everyone will react, but those who do will be changed forever. Mercury is the same material that must be red bagged as hazardous waste, yet for some reason we have been duped into believing that it is a good idea to inject it into our infants and install into our mouths in the form of dental fillings for years. It is interesting to note that when dentists apply and/or remove such fillings that they must follow specific hazardous material protocol . . .

Western medicine, while certainly wonderful and useful in so many ways, is not the be-all-end-all to health. In fact, many Americans suffer dozens of maladies treated (caused?) with one drug to counteract the negative effects of another, and so on, and so on. Surgeries to "correct" things are commonplace and repetitive, oftentimes with poor results -- do you know anyone who has ever had just one back surgery?

Anyway, I digress, but my point is, that just bc thimerosol-free vaccines exist, doesn't mean your local pediatrician is using them. They are more expensive, and require more trips to the office to receive them (individual instead of multiple-dose shots). Insurance companies may not cover them. This leads to many many children being subjected to a dangerous chemical possibly bc their parents don't know or don't have the money or time to choose differently. This is another way in which the poorer demographic may be disproportionately affected. What is the solution? Education, and pressure to remove thirmerosol for good.

blessings.
  • jlfred
    jlfred Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The ONLY "study" that has "proven" any link between vaccine and anything autism-related has been thoroughly debunked, and that particular "scientist" has been shown to have outright doctored his studies (no pun intended), and utterly lied and fabricated the results (not to mention all the conflict of interst issues he's involved in wrt to these studies and his other activities).
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yup in a New York minute. My youngest was vaccinated and my older one wanted it but she was too old when it first came out. She still can't get it as the dr's assume that she is sexually active but not honest about it. WTHeck?! They say she's too old. TOO old to get HPV. Really?!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Don't have a daughter, but if I did... Absolutely YES YES YES. And I will be checking into my two teenage boys getting it as well!!!
  • mamolinet
    Options
    The vaccine only guards against 4 of the many (20+?) strains of HPV. 4 IS BETTER THAN NOTHING!

I've gotten 2 out of the 3 shots, and I've had absolutely 0 side effects. My sister has HPV, and has had it for years and has to go through horrible burning of gross things inside of her, and I feel that if there is some way that that can be prevented, it's worth it!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I turn 26 in January. I am getting my first shot next week. I'd rather be safe then sorry.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I undertstand why people say they wouldnt have their daughters or sons have the shot due to negative effects but at the same time the number of people who actually suffered major side effects is pretty small compared to all the people who have opted to have the shots. There's a risk in everything we do like driving a car you could get into a fatal car accident or walking across a street or parking lot and getting hit by a car but it doesnt stop most people from doing it personally if i had a son or daughter i would opt for them to have the shot because i had the shots as well as my sister and most of my friends and aside from some pain in the inejection site im fine but thats just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own and if your children are under 18 you get to decide for them and if they want it when they turn 18 then they can still get it
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Vaccine against cancer. This is major advancements in medical science here. It may have some faults, but it's still better than cancer. But by the time I get kids of my own they've probably stabilised it some.

Also, keep in mind life is 100% lethal, and cancer is one of the *worst* things that can happen to a person, where you'll in most cases have to remove perfectly healthy cells in a hope of removing the bad ones, through radioactivity and all hellish treatments.

Slight headache and fever? Not as bad as cancer. Vomiting and diarrhoea? Still not as bad as cancer. Swollen eyes, hard of breathing, loss of consciousness, not great, but STILL not as bad as cancer.

The first one of those is common, the second is rare, and the last group is almost a statistical anomaly with how rare that happens. Better safe than sorry.
  • jlchow
    jlchow Posts: 40
    Options
    Male here. I got it BEFORE I learned about the effects of HPV on males. It was a simple matter of principle. I will not be a carrier for that.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Slight headache and fever? Not as bad as cancer. Vomiting and diarrhoea? Still not as bad as cancer. Swollen eyes, hard of breathing, loss of consciousness, not great, but STILL not as bad as cancer.

The first one of those is common, the second is rare, and the last group is almost a statistical anomaly with how rare that happens. Better safe than sorry.

Yes, and what are the common or rare side effects after 10 or 15 years?

Is widespread infertility worse than cancer? Or Alzheimer's? How about a different type of cancer? Are you "better safe than sorry" if you end up with something worse then you are trying to protect yourself from? I'm not saying that I know these new vaccines cause any of these long term side effects...just that you don't know either (no one does).

If they knew exactly how and why everything happens in the body, we wouldn't be having this conversation; there'd be no disease at all anymore.

I know that I know nothing...