To Log or Not to Log Thanksgiving

Options
1234568»

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating on plan every day until Thursday. On Thursday, I will eat a healthy breakfast, and then eat whatever I want for the rest of the day. On Friday, I'll eat a healthy breakfast, and then if there's any Thankgiving food left on Friday, I'll eat a plate of it for lunch or dinner. I'll go back to eating on plan Saturday and Sunday. Then I'll probably skip the scale for a week while everything evens back out. I'll be getting plenty of exercise in all week. I will eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving, I will not log it, and I don't care what anyone thinks about that.

:flowerforyou:

Good for you. As I said, it's one day, and it's good practice for all the holidays to come in life. I don't plan on logging every bite for the rest of my life, so this is good practice for when that time comes!

Enjoy your day! That's what I plan to do!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I will say I probably won't be logging thanksgiving, only because i am not making it and I don't want to pester people to get it accurate. I just plan on exercising some self control and eating small portions of all the delicious food.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Whats Thanks giving?
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I will definitely logging in for Thanksgiving. The real truth shall set you free....lol!! I also read via on internet that you should use a plate that's 9", well I looked in my cabinent I have various sizes...I have the 9" and a 10 1/2", boy that 10 1/2" sure makes a difference. I defintely stick to my 9"plate. I never would of thought that the size of a plate really mattered, but it does. Go give it a shot you will see what I mean. I get full on the 9" plate. I also don't pile my foods high either, I use to but those days are long gone. It's not about how much you but what you eat. I would suggest to choose your foods wisely, also absolutely don't eat after 7pm. A wise old man taught me that and it has helped tremondously for me.

You should read "Mindless Eating"...very interesting stuff about the various external cues that affect how much we eat. He talks about plate size along with lots of other interesting things that we don't usually think about. I found it all fascinating, and I think it's helped me recognize some of the things that cause me to overeat.

I've already told my mom I want a smaller plate on Thanksgiving (my dad was teasing that they would give me one of the little plates they use for dipping bread--it's about 2 inches across--I told him not THAT small!).
  • saraknotts
    saraknotts Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging, mostly because it would be impossible to estimate calories in my grama's good ole southern cooking :laugh:

But we have Thanksgiving for lunch a block from the beach so I plan to bring my sneakers to get a post lunch walk in AND only get one plate of food with normal sized servings. (That has never happened before lol)
  • rmsnipes
    rmsnipes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will be logging, because I stopped logging this summer when I went on vacation and it took me 3 months to get back into the habit again.::blushing: I want to log in for 365 days non stop. Even when I reach my goal (hope it won't take me that long) I want to keep myself accountable. I don't plan on going overboard with my eating on Thanksgiving, but will enjoy the yearly dishes and put in extra workout, if needed.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I will be logging, but not weighing... :laugh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging. Mainly because entering all the recipes would be a giant pain in the *kitten*. lol
    I was going to log mine, but we just had an early Thanksgiving on Saturday and the thought of figuring it all out is too daunting. I'd like to know for curiosity's sake but I don't think I could get anywhere near accurate. Anyway my plan is just to stay on track for all the other days, and not try to compensate for how much I go over, so it doesn't matter in the end.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Not logging! Worry free day for me!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm logging though not so sure how accurate it'll be - if it's ugly it's ugly...
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I plan to log it and burn it up. I'm making all the family favorites but on the skinny side. I'm not going to tell them . I'm just going to wait and see if they notice. Reduced fat, fat free, 2%. turkey instead of pork here we come. LOL
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I will log until I get tired of it. After a while trying to estimate the calories of something that someone else cooked gets tiring. I don't plan to go nuts and I definitely will not be having any leftovers after Thanksgiving Day!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of trying to come up with a count before the day so I will know what I am eating. Maybe not log everything on the actual day but have an idea before I sit down at the table. Does anybody know of a site with the estimated totals for a typcial (haha) Thanksgiving dinner?
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    Curiosity wins, I am logging it. XD
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    http://arrow.critter.net/thanksgiving.php

hope this works, it's a pre set up calculator for common Thanksgiving items. My dinner came up to 1669 calories but I will probably have seconds of a few things (must be polite) so I am thinking 2000.

this one is good too
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=15241
  • jennaddy
    jennaddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So many foods are brought pot-luck that it would just be pure guesswork on my part.

This is how my family's Turkey Day is too.
    I decided that I will be logging everything; I will need to see just what all I'm eating just like any other day.
    With that in mind, I plan to try a bite of everything I like, limit myself to just ONE dessert, and stop eating when I'm full.
    Just because all that food is sitting there begging to be eaten, does not mean it has to!
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my only goal is to not go into "food coma" hahahaha