Half The Man I Use To Be!!!! Next stop 300 lbs. Lost!!!

Options

Replies

• danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    amazing so inspirational
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story and for inspiring all of us :) You look amazing!
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Not only for the weight loss, which is an incredible feat in itself, but for having the courage to work through your issues. I agree with you on the whole surgery thing, if you don't find the root of your problem and work on that, you will not be able to maintain the loss. You are an inspiration to all of us. If you can do it, so can I. :happy:
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wow.

Not only do you look absolutely amazing, but the amount of strength you have... Just awesome.

Congrats on figuring out your 'how'.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    This brought me to tears! I am so happy for you! One of my best friends and co-workers is well over 400lbs. I care about him so much and it hurts me to think about how he feels about himself. He also has torn up his knee and has to wear a permanate brace on his right knee. Unfortunately this limits him in our job (we have the same position) to sitting in a chair 90% of the time. Which of course means less exercise. Everyday he drinks 3-5 20oz cokes and a large starbucks. He eats fast food everyday for lunch. I have never "preached" to him about his choices but he knows I support his efforts to lose weight. There is just always an excuse as to why he doesn't try. I never ask I always let him bring it up because I want him to know I accept him how he is. But watching him slowly kill himself is very painful. He definaltly has social issues that he laughs off. Usually when someone asks him what his weekend plans are he makes a joke about drinking too much whisky and playing video games without leaving his room.
    I just was wondering if you have any suggestions to those of us out there who have loved ones that are in the same/similar place to where you began?

This is the part that I am finding hard to deal with as well. I too have family members and a few friends that I am watching go down the same path that I was taking. This may sound insane but there is such a small difference between 300lbs. and 500 lbs. In 2007 I had to quick my job that I loved because I could no longer preform my job. A coworker and close friend had been covering for me the last year I was there and I felt so guilty doing that to him. He swore it was ok but I just couldn't live with it so I resigned. I went home and really never left the house again for the next couple years... I sat in the house day after day and played video games. (I am an original Atari generation kid, so yes I am still a gamer lol) Sometimes around the clock marathons. When my wife left for work I would go to the Pizza shop and pick up a couple 21" pizza's, eat my fair share and put the rest in tupperware and hide it in the living room closet, along with boxes of little debbies snack cakes and when my wife went to bed, I would stay up playing video games and would eat pizza and snacks cakes til I was literally stuffed. This would happen 2-3 times a week the last year or so before my aha moment. In those months that I was home, I put well over 150 lbs. on. Sorry got off topic a bit, The sad part is there really is nothing you can do for him other than be there for them. Until that person decides for himself/herself that they need help, you are fighting a losing battle. My family tried for the better half of a decade to convince me I had to change but every time they tried I pretty much told them to F*&^%$ OFF, they had the problem I didn't... It wasn't until they had finally given up and had resided to the fact I was just going to eat myself to death that I realized that I was alone. Before even though I didn't want the interventions, I atleast knew that they was still there. But when they moved on with their lives. I felt secluded and alone and that was the begin of the end for me. I had to make a decision because at that time it felt like the walls was closing in on me and there was no hope. So I sat in this chair in May of 2009 wrestling my demons, trying to decide whether to get busy living or get busy dying. On that 3rd day I choose Life and it was at that moment I admitted that I had the problem. Luckily my Family was still there waiting for me to make that choice and they came back to support me... So in my life experience, if you care about that person you need to be there for them when they are ready to make that change and be supportive along that process. I can tell you there is no way I would have been able to do this without the love and support of my family and friends, it means so much to have people in your corner. I was scared to death to post my story and actually sat here for 3 days with my mouse on the post button terrified at the thought of putting my story out there. I literally felt like throwing up when I finally click post. But since I am totally SHOCK and Humbled by all of your kind words and support.. I have sat here over the last 24 hours with tears in my eyes reading your comments... Thank you so much... I have come along way but I know my battle is far from being over and I will be fighting demons for the rest of my life. I pass that same pizza shop everyday I drive to the YMCA for my 2 daily workouts. I never told my wife (and she never even knew) til just a few months ago that I was hiding food. There is constant reminders of my old life, fast food joints, vending machines, pizza shops and they test me every single day. But all I have to do is think about 28 months ago and not being able to walk from room to room, being trapped in this house, etc, etc.... and I immediately refocus on what is important in my life and that part of my life is exactly where it is going to stay. IN THE PAST!! Sorry so long again.... I don't know when to stop I guess. lol......
  • Ian214
    Ian214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    wow absolutely amazing, you are proof that our goals can be met! You are a motivation for sure. You have done an outstanding job and good luck on the rest of your journey
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing :o)
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It just takes one person to inspire many, and you sir have done that. What a tremendous change for the better. Wish you all the best as you continue on your amazing path of finding health. P.S..I'm still working on the social phobia thing, too....But, baby steps.
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! You are a true inspiration.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, WOW.

GREAT JOB!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing individual and your story is awesome and incredibly inspiring! Great job and keep it up!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    man you got me tearing up here , lol, and I dont normally do things like that........I am glad you read all your replies, because you SHOWED US ALL IT CAN BE DONE............... You need to write a book on how you did this or go on Natl T.V

I really want to commend you for being honest and putting your feelings out there for everyone.......I hope that your story reaches people who are in the same boat as you, esp the people who cant leave their house because of their social issues...

I want to say that reading your story has shown me that you can choose life over death ,and you are proof.........My hat is off to you sir..............Lloyd
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are a very brave man! You have every reason to enjoy your new health! Best wishes for your knee surgery!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    WOW! Most inspirational story I have read yet. Congratulations and thanks for sharing! You are amazing!
  • abrantner
    Options
    I am completely amazed. You are an inpiration.. and a fighter. Keep it up. <hugs>

Allison
  • chuluotababe
    Options
    <Standing Ovation> Keeping fighting. You are doing an amazing job!!! Best wishes for successful knee replacements.

(I'm absolutely sure somewhere out there your post is speaking to someone in the same place you used to be.)
  • Peanutless
    Peanutless Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing.
  • kaciroberts1585
    kaciroberts1585 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Reading this made me tear up. What an inspiration you are. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are amazing! This is awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!