Where do you live & what is there to do?!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Wyoming - just about anything you would want to do. Mountains are just outside the front door - Summertime - fishing, camping, mountain biking, ATV riding, horseback riding. Wintertime - skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing. Several major tourist attractions available for weekend-cations - Devils Tower, Yellowstone Park, South Dakota and Colorado attractions within weekend-cation distance. Looking for Big City attractions for the day - Denver is close by for Museums, Zoo, Gambling (45 minutes from Denver). Never without some type of activity available.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I live in the thriving metropolis of Montrose, Michigan. Our claim to fame is the annual Blueberry Festival which will take place next weekend. Nothing much to do here. We can drive 20 miles north to Saginaw and risk getting shot or we can drive 20 miles south to Flint and risk getting shot. Fortunately, there is really no crime here, although we did locate a body yesterday which was transported here from Troy, MI and dumped. HUGE NEWS!

Seriously, we 'can' avoid the danger spots in Flint and Saginaw and find things to do.

Hahaha I know what you mean:) I'm from East Tawas and I avoid Flint and Saginaw like the plague!
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    I live in East London. There's a lot to do but I usually don't because it gets expensive. I haven't even been to see the Olympics :tongue:
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Chicago, everything you can think of is at your fingertips here. Love all the free concerts in the park and the pier.
  • lilacsun
    Options
    I'm from East Tawas MI. We have around 6000ish people here year round. The population doubles in the summer (or at least seems like it does). Tawas is a small tourist town in northeastern Michigan. We are right on the shore of Lake Huron. We have boating, swimming, fishing, hunting, shopping in botiques, quite a few restaraunts, of course several bars and liquor stores, cross country skiing,snowmobiling, hiking, lots of activities. Perchville is also big here, though I don't go ice fishing. After living in a lot of different areas I actually enjoy living here:)
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Technically born and raised in St. Joseph, MO. Just recently moved south to Kansas City. Where I LOVE it. Westport, 39th Street, The Plaza, Downtown, Martini Corner (where I live), Loose Park, Union Station, Nelson Atkins, Liberty Memorial...Don't even get me started on The BBQ!
    St. Joe has uhhh....A lot of fast food, restaurants, ice cream places, bars. The Pony Express Stables, Museum Hill district (look them up) Oh and a museum for an insane asylum! Yep...
  • lilacsun
    Options
    I'm from Paris, France! Loads of fun stuff to do!

Ive been there:) It is a pretty cool place.
  • marstanley
    marstanley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I live in the middle of Missouri. It is amaZing how much there is to do here. Columbia is a college town with all that involves. It bring things to town that usually don't exist in a town of 100,000. Jefferson City has the goverment and that give that town its own mix of thing. We have the Missouri River, Lake of the Ozarks and Branson if you are into that. Then there is St. Louis. The Botanical Gardens have brought in Chinese Lanterns this summers. On a hot evening, it can be a good two hour walk to see all of them.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    i live in Cali, bay area, lots to do here amusement parks, beach, shopping like crazy, wonderful places to eat, some of the most extravagent malls ever. I love it!
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    I live in RENO, NV. Woo-hoo!! Feel free to make fun...
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Springfield Oregon, also known as spuntucky. Planning on moving to Tampa in two years if all goes as planned.
    What is there to do in this town? Drugs, cheap hookers, strip clubs, make fun of Eugene and the Oregon Ducks. Mold from the constant damp all winter. Of course if you're not a fat slob like me there are hundreds of miles of bike path, more parks than I can count, several rivers and lakes within a short drive. Cute college girls to chase. Fishing, hiking, skiing in the winter.

My activities of choice are *****ing, complaining, trolling the internet, eating too much, doing as little as possible and blaming others for all my problems.

If you're from the Tampa area and want to add me *kitten* a friend I wouldn't complain any.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I live in the midwest... Kansas City Metro. There are quite a lot of day trips and long weekends with cool stuff around us. No ocean, however. BOOOOOOOOOO!
  • EveryoneElseIsTaken
    EveryoneElseIsTaken Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I live in Clarks Summit, PA! ^w^ I live in the more rural part of town, so I often go play "explorer" in the woods or go for walks down Dark Regions (yes, we have a road called Dark Regions). Clarks Summit has a lot of other areas to it though. I live in Ransom township, but there's soooo much more to Clarks Summit. It's fun to just go wander, whether driving or walking. It's always mind-blowing to find out how little you knew of the place you grew up in. Scranton's beautiful too. It's a large city, population of over 70,000 people. The architecture of the buildings is amazing, and Nay Aug park is beautiful.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    I live in a small town in Northern Illinois - we don't even have sidewalks but I find roads that aren't too busy and walk those. A lot of folks bicycle around here. I mainly go to the gym for exercise.
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    SF Bay Area. The best weather on earth and lots to do. Mostly I do outdoor work-out activities ... Running/Biking/hiking etc