Where do you live & what is there to do?!

Options

Replies

• Michelle81285
    Options
    Phoenix AZ, TONS to do here! Water parks, lakes, pools, parks (it is over 100F most of the summer so anything with water is a blessing). And there is tons of beautful little towns that are only 1-2 hours away!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Indian Harbour Beach, FL

We're between the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River, so there are plenty of water activities. Kennedy Space Center isn't far up the road and little shops are everywhere.
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I live in Sherman, Texas and there is really very little to do here if you're not into kicker bars or lake activities. There are a couple little obscure museums and President Eisenhower's birthplace. Besides that, I describe this town as a place where the only things to do are eat and shop.

Obesity here is the norm, not the exception.

I went to uptown Dallas a few months ago and even though I used to LIVE there, I was amazed at the fact that no one there was overweight. It's because the community is more walking-friendly and caters to a more image-oriented demographic. In Sherman, you wear pajamas to walmart.

I need to move someplace more exciting.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Im from Austin, Texas (aka ATX). There is plenty to do around here. We are a very active town and there are plenty of parks and recreation places here. Tons of different festivals and you will ALWAYS find live music. We have the University of Texas Longhorns that usually play well in all sports so those are fun to watch. We are now getting a Formula One (euro form of Indy) track here this fall so that will be just something else to add to the many things ATX has to offer.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    Charlotte, NC
    Attractions: U.S. National Whitewater Center
    Carowinds Theme Park
    NASCAR hall of Fame
    Discovery Place
    Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens
    Lots of clubs, bars, Pro football games, Pro basketball games
    City and country stuff. LOL
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Two places:

Summer and breaks: Small town in Northwest NJ about 20 minutes from the PA border. Nothing to do here. You have to drive at least 30 minutes to get to the movies or anything fun. We do have a Walmart and a few other shopping chains about 15 minutes away. I live in the "downtown" of my town. We have a drug store, a few banks, a tool and feed store, and a post office. We also have two bars within a 5 minute walk. When I'm 21 that will be nice!

College: Town outside of Tampa, FL. Tampa has everything, even a pirate festival. That's fun :) But I miss the small town atmosphere when I'm down there.
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Hattiesburg, MS

Not a whole lot.. if you like to run/bike there's the Longleaf Trace. Its stretches about 40 milse.
    There's a university here, and it gets lively during football season
    Not much else really
  • rachgolds
    Options
    I live in Jersey, home of diners and malls. It blows here!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    it blows here in southern CT too! Luckily it is near NYC!
  • clarechieri
    clarechieri Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I live in a little town in the south east of England.

There's an overpriced gym, lots of antique shops and countryside that's about it. We did have the Olympic cycle race come through here which made a nice change though. All I tend to do most of the time is take the children to the park, walk lots and go to Costa.
  • marisanleon
    Options
    I live in Southern California. There's a lot to do. Beach, Disneyland, drive to Palm Springs, San Diego, Santa Barbara, etc. :D
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Nashua, NH and there is tons to do within 25 miles. THANK YOU NEW ENGLAND FOR ALWAYS BEING MY HOME!:bigsmile:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I live in Seattle Everything here sucks. There is nothing to do. Nobody should ever move here.

The Space Needle seems like it would be fun!! And what about the ferry boats!?

I get the feeling he's trying to keep out the riff-raff!

I am heading to the Seattle area in Sept - I have a sister who lives in Fife WA, and have visited that lovely area before. Much to see, lots to do...............................

I live in Duluth MN. We are a fabulous port town on the southwestern tip of Lake Superior. I love where I live - not a huge town, but big enough to have nightlife and concerts and fun..............lots of green space, hiking trails, beautiful things to see.

Our 'world famous' bridge - a view from the Rose Garden
    CRW_2077_900px.jpg
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I live in Shalimar Fl... Right down the street from Destin FL and Pensacola Beach.. We have the BEST beaches in the world.. Our sand is so white that it looks like snow!!!

Google Crab Island Destin FL and you will see where I'm from...

**WARNING** Don't be Jealous!!! LOL...

I'm your neighbor... I live in Ft Walton Beach!
  • tmj2191
    tmj2191 Posts: 76
    Options
    Live in the Hampton Roads region which includes surrounding cities like Norfolk, VA beach, Williamsburg. This place is like any other cities but has a lot of history considering this is where the nations first established colony was and a lot of civil war stuff!
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    New Zealand, specifically in the Northland region. The only thing to do around where I live is go on long walks. There are nature reserves around with hiking trails. It gets pretty dull once you've hiked in the same spots all year long though. There are some cows outside in the paddocks around my house and I feed them bread sometimes.

I miss the city. A lot.
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Dubai.

Nothiiiiiiiiiiiiing. You can lock yourself up in your house until you go crazy.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Auburn, CA

You can go up the hill and ski; Mountain bike, road bike, run, movies, theater, concerts, dining, hang out in the middle of town; Take an hour trip to the ocean, go to the river or lake to swim, fish or whatever; Hiking trails; Lots of festivals/events year round.
    I lived there when I was 5 years old. I'm 43 now and all I remember was Berney's hotdogs and my mom still goes to that place after all these years. I love it there, its very simple and peaceful, kind of earthy too. The people are very polite and down to earth, laid back.

I am from Los Angeles. Do I really need to tell you what there is to do around here ... plenty :D
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    We have no city center anymore after the earthquakes last year (it's still cordoned off and a huge demolition / construction site), but some shopping malls in the suburbs etc..
    It's a good place if you are into the outdoors. The beach is just down the road, the mountains are 1.5 hours away, whale watching 1.5 hours, lots of tramping and biking opportunities. But I'm not really enjoying life here anymore. It's a bit too conservative.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I live in Trondheim, Norway. There are some nice hiking trails here, and in the winter time lots of great places for skiing.
    We have the best football (soccer) team (at least I think so ^^), Rosenborg, so you can go and see them play. If you're interested in history and arcitecture you can visit the old cathedral in the city centre. There are plenty of old, beautiful wooden buildings even in the heart of the city centre. And quite a few museums, like an old farm museum.

And the theatre is quite nice, known for being a bit more "radical" and modern than other theatres in Norway. They like to change things up quite a bit. There are often concerts all over town as well, a lot of local and smaller artists, and quite often some bigger, international ones.

I love Trondheim <3