Where do you live & what is there to do?!

Replies

• StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    I live outside of Richmond, VA...

There are bars, clubs, parties, malls, restaurants, historical sites, theatres, playhouses, museums, and all kinds of stuff to do here...we're an hour and a half from the beach - Va Beach, and the same distance from the mountains - Charlottesville. About 20-25 minutes to one themepark (Kings Dominion) and 45 from another (Busch Gardens). Its a very central location, and I live in the suburbs. So I live in a beautiful, quiet (until the 4-10 year olds come out in the afternoon) neighborhood...but you can go not even 10 miles and experience the party life. I like it :o)
  • I live in Seattle Everything here sucks. There is nothing to do. Nobody should ever move here.

I live in Portland, Oregon (OK, I actually live just outside Portland). It's even worse than Seattle. Do yourselves a favor, forget I mentioned it. :wink:
  • alisonhayes266
    alisonhayes266 Posts: 58 Member
    I live in Exeter, Devon, UK, it's a tourist destination famous for:
    " cream teas",
    Jurassic coastline with fossils on the beach,
    400 year old Thatched country cottages,
    Blue seas with limestone, sandstone and granite cliffs,
    Two moorlands, Exmoor, home of "Lorna Doone" and Dartmoor, Sherlock Holmes' "Hound of the Baskervilles" both populated with wild native ponies,
    Surfing beaches,
    Uninterrupted coastal walks around Britain, with tiny fishing villages and Naval ports,
    Plymouth where the Pilgrim fathers left to sail to America,
    Home town of Exeter, was invaded by the Romans (Isca Dunnorium) 200BC- 400AD,Danes invade in 876, Viking raids in 1001AD , The Norman castle was built by William the conqueror and the Cathedral was built over 200 years in 1180 AD by his nephew.

We are very fortunate to live in one of the warmest parts of the Uk, and it is exceedingly beautiful, I love it :-D
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    San Antonio, Texas! Born and raised....I used to hate it here and would say there was NOTHING to do in this town, but I'm discovering parts of the city I've never been to before. The Riverwalk is obvious, but there is so much more to downtown than that. There is the Southtown portion that has cool places to get a bite to eat and hear music. The Blue Star Arts Complex. The new Museum Reach of the Riverwalk to the Pearl Brewery. Live music at Floore's, Josabi's, Sam's Burger Joint, Tycoon Flats and million other places. The city is also doing a big a parks and rec push to revitalize parks around the area and get people moving. I have found several hidden gems around town that no one goes to. It's awesome having a whole park to yourself!
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    I live in the North Pole. We make toys all day for the children. We play with the polar bears in the ice caves. The Big man never lets us eat the cookies the Misses makes.
  • cowgirlchev83
    cowgirlchev83 Posts: 27 Member
    I live in Ocala, Fl Horse Capital of the World so the sign says lol
    Hundreds of horse farms here prob thousands in the county. (lots a lil farms lol)
    There is a horse show, auction, breed expo, clinic, feed seminar etc etc every weekend.
    We have a few decent clubs you can go get ur dance and ur drunk on at ;)
    only 30mins from Gainesville and about 45min to Orlando and bout an hour and a half to Daytona Beach.
    No a bad place to live if you don't mind the country :)
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    I live in the North Pole. We make toys all day for the children. We play with the polar bears in the ice caves. The Big man never lets us eat the cookies the Misses makes.

I don't buy that story. i know for a fact the cookies are shared out.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I live in a small town in TX called Forney,they dont even sell liquor here. There is nothing to do here but church an go to wal mart.
    But 5 minutes away are 2 adult bookstores,and dallas is 15 minutes away

Yeah, that's my kind of town. :bigsmile:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    I live in a tiny little town. Theres the farmers market and the park. Thats all. But.... Im a 20 minute drive to downtown Kansas City. Theres usually always something going on there.
  • I live in a tiny little town. Theres the farmers market and the park. Thats all. But.... Im a 20 minute drive to downtown Kansas City. Theres usually always something going on there.

I love farmers markets they are so quaint and nice and often have better produce then normal grocery stores :)
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    We Live in a Tiny town in AZ called St.David. Population of aprox 1700. It's a Farming communitty that has a very large Mormon Church. We are neither Farmers Nor Mormons. Not much to do here at all--except to work outside on your own property---which we do. We have lots of animals: 3 Horses, 5 dogs, 6 cats... Lots to take care of. There IS a Small Benedictine Community/Monastery in the actual town of St. David, but other than that--there's not much at all. We Do live 16 miles from Tombstone,AZ--site of the O.K. Corral Gunfight (Earps vs Clantons)...Wyatt Earp..Doc Holiday.. Oh, just remembered!---For a real "Good" time in the Ole City--you can Always go to Walmart located in the Town of Benson, AZ just 8 miles away! Woo Hoo!! Hot times here...NOT!!:drinker:
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member

Elves dont lie....we dont have enough height for that:frown:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    I live in NH. We party and club. That's bout it.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    I live in Carisbrooke on the Isle of Wight, its an ancient village, with a Norman castle in which King Charles the 1st was held prisoner before he was beheaded, there is a Roman villa just a few yards up the road from me, elsewhere on the Island are more Roman Villas, the favourite home of Queen Victoria, Osborne house, where she died, the home of Alfred Lord Tennyson, ****ens wrote David Copperfield here, The home of pioneering lady photographer Julia Margaret Cameron, which is a mecca for famous present day photographers, the site of the second largest rock festival of all time, where Jimi Hendrix played his last concert, which I heard although I was only a toddler lol, and there are miles of footpaths, beaches, great surfing, wind surfing, kite surfing, paragliding etc, over a third of the island is designated as areas of outstanding natural beauty, miles of heritage coastline, one of europes premier dinosaur fossil discovery sites......lots of things lol

Oh and the food is great, lots of great seafood and locally produced food.
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member

Elves dont lie....we dont have enough height for that:frown:

Not all Elves are tiny. Look at Buddy.

It has been a few years since I went to the north pole for a cookie. it was before the fascist regime took over.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    San Antonio, Texas! Born and raised....I used to hate it here and would say there was NOTHING to do in this town, but I'm discovering parts of the city I've never been to before. The Riverwalk is obvious, but there is so much more to downtown than that. There is the Southtown portion that has cool places to get a bite to eat and hear music. The Blue Star Arts Complex. The new Museum Reach of the Riverwalk to the Pearl Brewery. Live music at Floore's, Josabi's, Sam's Burger Joint, Tycoon Flats and million other places. The city is also doing a big a parks and rec push to revitalize parks around the area and get people moving. I have found several hidden gems around town that no one goes to. It's awesome having a whole park to yourself!

OMG.. i LOVE Sam's Burger Joint!!!! I need one now!!
  • dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    I live in Seattle Everything here sucks. There is nothing to do. Nobody should ever move here.

You are kidding right!?
  • dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    San Diego, and you can do pretty much anything you want , anytime you want. :laugh:

I love San Diego! :)
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    I live near Vancouver, BC Canada. Tons to do here:

Stanley Park
    If you like skiing we have 3 local mountains - Grouse, Seymour and Cypress
    Lots of trails
    Gas town
    Canada Place
    We have great beaches
    Granville Island
    Lots of places to take in a show
    the mountains are beautiful

vancouver-snow.jpg

vancouver-209011.jpg
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Alright, it looks like I am the only Canadian so far
    Ontario Canada is where I am from. I live in the country. No stores, nothing! But I am 15 minutes from the beer and liquor stores, yep we stock up!