Where do you live & what is there to do?!

Options

Replies

• sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    I live in Lancaster, CA.

We are a 15 minute drive to the beautiful snowy mountains (well Nov - March), 2 hours from numerous beaches, I live in the dessert so there are always adventures to be had on quads, bikes, sand rails etc. a couple hours away is Lake Isabella (HUGE) and the Kern River (BEAUTIFUL) there are any number of year-round camping sites which of course includes hiking, fishing swimming, boating etc.; about an hour and a half from Disneyland, and Knott's Berry Farm, and about 45 min from Six Flags Magic Mountain; many amazing theme styled fun restaurants. and for a wonderful weekend get away you can travel to Catalina Island (one of my favs) or down to lovely San Diego. Of course depending on the time of year we have great sporting events Angels, Dodgers, Lakers, (well not this year), the Ducks and maybe SOMEDAY we will have a football team. Of course some less expensive things are movies, bowling, miniature golf, go carts, laser tag, batting cages well the list goes on and on. And don't get me started on our wonderful sunsets...yep can you tell I love my California!! One of the few born and raised....and there is much more to do but well I can't think of everything...oh yes don't forget Las Vegas is only three hours away!!!! yee haw!!!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Sheffield, England. Built up industrial town, which is also the greenest city in England. National Park on the doorstep, its a good balance! No beach though :grumble:

Awesome, most of my family lives in Sheffield. Love it!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    Chicago, seeing the city from the sears tower is a nice experience!

I LOVE Chicago and yes Sears Tower is pretty awesome!!!
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I live in West Covina, CA. I just moved here I do prefer Hollywood & Pasadena.
    There isn't much over here except for all the hiking/biking trails, Azusa canyon has shooting range. I'm close to the mountains so snowboarding soon :)
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    I live in Seattle Everything here sucks. There is nothing to do. Nobody should ever move here.

The Space Needle seems like it would be fun!! And what about the ferry boats!?
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I live in Seattle Everything here sucks. There is nothing to do. Nobody should ever move here.

I have a friend who raves about Seattle, he says everything is better over there
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    Central Michigan ... we have 3288 miles of coastline .. gorgeous beaches and dunes, numerous ski resorts , paved and unpaved trails for biking and hiking .
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town in TX called Forney,they dont even sell liquor here. There is nothing to do here but church an go to wal mart.
    But 5 minutes away are 2 adult bookstores,and dallas is 15 minutes away
    NO LIQUOR!?!?!
    How do you surive the weekend!? :tongue:

drive the to the next town and stock up

AAAH! hahah
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

This guy is crazy. Tons of great bars and restaurants, gorgeous outdoor parks (which, granted, are very wet a lot of the time), hiking, skiing, camping all day trip close... Great sports and rec stuff, amazing shopping, community art walks, museums, tons of theaters and lots of concert venues that are always having tons of varied artists. I love it here.

Ok I'm holding you responsible as the traffic gets even worse :tongue:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

The Space Needle seems like it would be fun!! And what about the ferry boats!?
    It's a tower. The boats take you places, they are not Carnival Cruise Lines.
  • Kikorangi
    Kikorangi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Auckland, New Zealand. You can do anything here and you never run out of things to do.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I live in a very small town no one here has heard of and no one is likely to visit. Our only restaurant is a McDonalds and the town is located in the middle of a dry county.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    OC, California - Disney land and the beaches!!
    Pretty much anywhere in Southern Cali!

And I love to go to San Fransisco/Berkeley!

California is great all around! I love my state! :)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    San Diego, and you can do pretty much anything you want , anytime you want. :laugh:

I :heart: San Diego... Visited twice last year! It was beautiful.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    I'm a hop, skip, and a jump South of Applebobbrush in Colorado. I love Colorado.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I live in Lancaster, CA.

We are a 15 minute drive to the beautiful snowy mountains (well Nov - March), 2 hours from numerous beaches, I live in the dessert so there are always adventures to be had on quads, bikes, sand rails etc. a couple hours away is Lake Isabella (HUGE) and the Kern River (BEAUTIFUL) there are any number of year-round camping sites which of course includes hiking, fishing swimming, boating etc.; about an hour and a half from Disneyland, and Knott's Berry Farm, and about 45 min from Six Flags Magic Mountain; many amazing theme styled fun restaurants. and for a wonderful weekend get away you can travel to Catalina Island (one of my favs) or down to lovely San Diego. Of course depending on the time of year we have great sporting events Angels, Dodgers, Lakers, (well not this year), the Ducks and maybe SOMEDAY we will have a football team. Of course some less expensive things are movies, bowling, miniature golf, go carts, laser tag, batting cages well the list goes on and on. And don't get me started on our wonderful sunsets...yep can you tell I love my California!! One of the few born and raised....and there is much more to do but well I can't think of everything...oh yes don't forget Las Vegas is only three hours away!!!! yee haw!!!!

I grew up down the street from Knotts Berry Farm
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I live in Livermore, CA. We are about 20 miles East of San Francisco, CA. There is lots of stuff to do, but I prefer to stay at home and hang out on MFP.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Detroit Michigan, we have car jackings, drive bys, and of course my favorite armed robbery.

In truth, Detroit is no where near as bad as most people think.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I live in Shalimar Fl... Right down the street from Destin FL and Pensacola Beach.. We have the BEST beaches in the world.. Our sand is so white that it looks like snow!!!

Google Crab Island Destin FL and you will see where I'm from...

**WARNING** Don't be Jealous!!! LOL...
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I live in Albuquerque, NM. If you like deserts you will be in heaven. If you are like me and want rain, cloudy skies, beaches, and lush forests it will be hell. A hot, dry, hell. Depending on your view it's the Land of Enchantment or the Land of Entrapment. :bigsmile: