Where do you live & what is there to do?!

Replies

• dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    39275.jpg
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    I live near Vancouver, BC Canada. Tons to do here:

Stanley Park
    If you like skiing we have 3 local mountains - Grouse, Seymour and Cypress
    Lots of trails
    Gas town
    Canada Place
    We have great beaches
    Granville Island
    Lots of places to take in a show
    the mountains are beautiful

vancouver-snow.jpg

vancouver-209011.jpg

That looks beautiful!~
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Toronto, Ontario - otherwise known as the Centre of the Universe.

Lots to do here. Let's see....

CN Tower
    Science Centre
    Tons of theater - largest and best theatre scene outside of Broadway
    Hockey - Toronto Maple Leafs
    Baseball - Toronto Blue Jays
    Basketball - Raptors (ok, not this year...)
    Football - ARGOOOOS

Tons of parks, waterfront activities, family events, festivals, etc. Come visit!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    i live in chicago. endless things to do here.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    The Black Hills of South Dakota. Ever seen Mt. Rushmore, yeah, thats my backyard. Lots of outdoor stuff to do here, hiking, boating, skiing, biking etc. Nightlife is a little lacking but its a great place to raise a family. Only 5 hours from Denver so weekend jaunts are common place. But for you non-bikers, dont come here the first week in august, you'll just get in the way and you will experience a culture shock like you've never seen, prices you wont believe and no place to stay. 300K bikers in a 200 squrare mile radius... STURGIS BABY!!!!!
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member

Always wanted to visit.I have got it down to do when I come tour america!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524

Always wanted to visit.I have got it down to do when I come tour america!

the architecture is amazing. the people are nice. the public transit is plentiful. great restaurants, museums, beaches, parks. i love it here. i have lived here for 10 years and still have a giant crush on this city. it often still surprises me with how wonderful it is.
  • Cheyenne, WY. This place sucks. There is nothing to do unless you drive to Denver. I can't wait to move again.
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    I live in a small town in TX called Forney,they dont even sell liquor here. There is nothing to do here but church an go to wal mart.
    But 5 minutes away are 2 adult bookstores,and dallas is 15 minutes away

how awfully boring lol...although, your still there, so you must like it???
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    The town I live in is nick-named "where the fun never begins"
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I live in a small town in TX called Forney,they dont even sell liquor here. There is nothing to do here but church an go to wal mart.
    But 5 minutes away are 2 adult bookstores,and dallas is 15 minutes away

how awfully boring lol...although, your still there, so you must like it???

I love it,Dallas has lots to do and its very close so its not bad that there is nothing to do here.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    I live in South Florida. You can do anything here (except climb a mountain or drink the tap water) any time of year. People come here to get married, commit a crime, retire and/or die.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    I live in a van.............down by the river.
  • Fullerton Ca nothing much to do but eat eat eat but I was born and raise in Los Angeles where HOLLYWOOD, BEVERLY HILLS, the beaches, Mountains snowboarding, Catlina Islands, awesome club my close friend is opening up the LUX club on Saturday so we gonna be poppin bottles, Pasedena, Glendale, the Grove, the Block Outside shopping centers, Santa Monica the Promenade and the Pier too. I mean it's CALI so much to do Oh Pasedena has the best hiking trails where there is a water fall at the end and yes u can get in it. Thants just some of the stuff to do
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    I live in the North Pole. We make toys all day for the children. We play with the polar bears in the ice caves. The Big man never lets us eat the cookies the Misses makes.

I don't buy that story. i know for a fact the cookies are shared out.

Elves dont lie....we dont have enough height for that:frown:

Not all Elves are tiny. Look at Buddy.

It has been a few years since I went to the north pole for a cookie. it was before the fascist regime took over.

:noway: WHAT? you kid! You mean i have lived ALL this time with a bunch of lazy toy making shrimp elves...AGH!
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    I live in Rochester MN and you can go to the MAYO CLINIC lol thats what this town is known for...

but in Minnesota you can go to the Mall of America!
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    I live in a van.............down by the river.

Bwa ha ha . Coincidentally, I live not far from where Mr. Farley was from.
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    I live in Chouteau, OK. It's small but bigger cities are within driving distance. The neatest thing about this place is that, and my dog and I just did this, walk 2 blocks (walking because it's dark) to Main street and jog/walk back and forth for my jog. It's nice! well lit, few, if any traffic. :love:
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    I live in the North Pole. We make toys all day for the children. We play with the polar bears in the ice caves. The Big man never lets us eat the cookies the Misses makes.

I don't buy that story. i know for a fact the cookies are shared out.

Elves dont lie....we dont have enough height for that:frown:

Not all Elves are tiny. Look at Buddy.

It has been a few years since I went to the north pole for a cookie. it was before the fascist regime took over.

:noway: WHAT? you kid! You mean i have lived ALL this time with a bunch of lazy toy making shrimp elves...AGH!

I shouldn't have been the one to break this to you. I think the purebloods and small though, its just the mudbloods who get a bit bigger. Don't let it affect you, everything is going to be alright
  • The woman next to you looks like Mila Kunis, very pretty.
    also, I know I veered off topic, I like to admire a beautiful lady :)
    anyways, I like near one of the largest parks in my city, so luckily I can go for a stroll with my dog and SO any time I like, and she can go off leash, and we can walk around and enjoy nature.