Clean Eating Club ~ February 2009

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Neeterskeeter! Sounds like you did well even splurging a little. I'm sure you'll be back on track this week!

Meal #3:
    Joseph's Flax and Oat Bran pita (60)
    Laughing cow light cheese (35)
    Turkey breast (60)
    Broccoli & cauliflower (75) = 235

Need to plan something for dinner w/ chicken breasts!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Just call me Ms. MIA!!!! Work has been a bit hectic and as a result I have not been able to post as often as I would like. I am happy to report that i finished P 90X and have moved on to Chalean Extreme! I am hoping that this program will help get me those final results im striving for!

Steph
  • campfirequeen
    Options
    Hey there!

When I used to do W.W. I had a favorite site to go to that gave all the calories, etc... and the
    W.W. Points. Ruby Tuesdays is on the site, go check it out.:flowerforyou:

www.dwlz.com ( Dottie's Weight Loss Zone )

Sarah
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey there!

When I used to do W.W. I had a favorite site to go to that gave all the calories, etc... and the
    W.W. Points. Ruby Tuesdays is on the site, go check it out.:flowerforyou:

www.dwlz.com ( Dottie's Weight Loss Zone )

Sarah

Thanks for the link! I love Ruby Tuesday's, they have an awesome salad bar and white chicken chili! Yum!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    And then... 19 BBQ Soy crisps (120)

Meal #4:
    4oz chicken breast (120)
    Spinach and spring vegetables (160)
    18 All-Bran crackers (130) = 410

Snack:
    Lite blackberry yogurt (80)
    1/2 T. almond butter (48)
    SF hot cocoa (139) = 267

Total: 1,832 (34 leftover)
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Just call me Ms. MIA!!!! Work has been a bit hectic and as a result I have not been able to post as often as I would like. I am happy to report that i finished P 90X and have moved on to Chalean Extreme! I am hoping that this program will help get me those final results im striving for!

Steph

Great to see you back, Steph! I've seen great results from ChaLean, I'm sure you will too! :bigsmile:
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Are you guys mostly maintaining, or trying to lose weight? How many net calories do you aim for daily?

I am trying to lose and it's not so much about the number on the scale anymore, but I like to feel lighter and more fit. I aim for 1200 net calories a day -- I work out almost every day so I usually end up eating about 1600 calories or so, to make up for the 400 or so calories I burn off.

I've realized that by eating clean, I can fit in better stuff and feel more full on those 1200 net calories. Yesterday I had two small pieces of cheese pizza from Pizza Hut with my boyfriend -- not clean, but still, it had 10g of protein for the 300 or so calories. I start to notice stuff like this now, how it's not *only* about how many calories I eat but what I eat. I still think the pizza was a better choice than totally "empty" calories like soda. I start to notice more clearly the choices I make about food.

I usually stick with turkey, chicken, fish, fruits, and veggies because they're all clean and healthy AND they are really filling. I feel that even if I go over the 1200 net calories with these foods, I won't gain weight.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Are you guys mostly maintaining, or trying to lose weight? How many net calories do you aim for daily?

I am trying to lose and it's not so much about the number on the scale anymore, but I like to feel lighter and more fit. I aim for 1200 net calories a day -- I work out almost every day so I usually end up eating about 1600 calories or so, to make up for the 400 or so calories I burn off.

I've realized that by eating clean, I can fit in better stuff and feel more full on those 1200 net calories. Yesterday I had two small pieces of cheese pizza from Pizza Hut with my boyfriend -- not clean, but still, it had 10g of protein for the 300 or so calories. I start to notice stuff like this now, how it's not *only* about how many calories I eat but what I eat. I still think the pizza was a better choice than totally "empty" calories like soda. I start to notice more clearly the choices I make about food.

I usually stick with turkey, chicken, fish, fruits, and veggies because they're all clean and healthy AND they are really filling. I feel that even if I go over the 1200 net calories with these foods, I won't gain weight.

I'm pretty much at maintenance now, but would still love to lose another 5# before summer. I have my baseline set at 1,600 now, then add in my exercise cals. I generally never go over 2,000 a day, my average is 1,800. I can NOT eat below 1,600... it just doesn't work for me! Even eating healthy, I'm still hungry! It is amazing how much you notice the *empty* calories and how much you *waste* when it isn't clean food! As Oprah says, nobody got fat from eating too many carrots! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm here! Went to the Y this morning and then errands, my typical Tuesday schedule!

Pre-run:
    Mela Access bar (110)

Meal #1: (packed it so I wasn't starving all during errands!)
    Fage Total 0% yogurt (90)
    1 T. NM PB (85)
    1/2 c. Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (140)
    Fuji Apple (80) = 395

Meal #2:
    1/4 c. Multi grain hot cereal, 1/4 c. old fashioned oatmeal, 1/4 c. Fiber one
    1/2 scoop choc. protein powder, 1 T. NM PB
    1/2 c. cottage cheese = 395

Off to eat Meal #3!!

Meal #4 plan:
    Chicken breast in crock pot, not sure what side but maybe baked sweet potato
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Is there a sugar substitute that qualifies as clean living and is not going to make me grow an extra toe or something.

I drink coffe in the morning the only non water/protein shake beverage of the day and i really dont want to use sugar.

Also is coffe mate powdered creamer considered Clean?
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Is there a sugar substitute that qualifies as clean living and is not going to make me grow an extra toe or something.

I drink coffe in the morning the only non water/protein shake beverage of the day and i really dont want to use sugar.

I don't consider coffeemate powdered creamer "clean" - if it is processed and has stuff in the ingredient list that are not found in nature "naturally", then I don't consider it clean. I know some people may differ on this one.

As for a clean sugar subsitute, the only one that I've heard of that *might* be clean is stevia. They sell it under brand name Truvia or something. I haven't done research on this though, since I stopped all sugar subsitutes and only use raw sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, etc. when needed. I take my coffee with organic milk, and that's all.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    BTW - I went to Whole Foods last night and bought some steel cut oats. Normally I get rolled oats, but I have a crockpot recipe for overnight oatmeal, and it calls for steel cut oats. Will give it and try and see how it works!! Do they unfold to look like regular oats?

I also made quinoa for the first time last week, and it was pretty good. Packs a good 5 grams of protein per serving too - not bad!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I am going to join in with you guys!!!

Even though I am eating clean through a low carb lifestyle, non the less I am eating clean!!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Breakfast
    2 fresh sausage patties (no preservatives or nitrates)
    2 brown eggs, scrambled with onion and green pepper, fresh grated cheddar cheese
    16 oz black coffee

Lunch:
    Cucumber and tomato salad with ranch dressing
    2 - Baked chicken thighs and broccoli with home made alfredo sauce
    Water

Snack:
    Tangerine
    Water

Supper:
    New York Strip Steak
    Baked Sweet Potato (for my hubby)
    Caesar Salad
    Water

Snack:
    1/2 cup grapes
    1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese
    Water

Exercise:
    Elliptic machine at the gym, 20 minutes
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

I use Stevai...............I have like all brands out there. You have to watch how much you use, a little goes a long way and too much will make whatever you are eating or drinking bitter!!

I stopped getting sick when I got rid of the splenda.........................I still buy it for my DH, but I no longer use it.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    BTW - I went to Whole Foods last night and bought some steel cut oats. Normally I get rolled oats, but I have a crockpot recipe for overnight oatmeal, and it calls for steel cut oats. Will give it and try and see how it works!! Do they unfold to look like regular oats?

I also made quinoa for the first time last week, and it was pretty good. Packs a good 5 grams of protein per serving too - not bad!

Is it the crockpot recipe from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook? I make a big batch of steel cut oats for my family a couple times a week and then reheat for a quick breakfast. I prefer my rolled oatmeal or multi grain cereal (rye, barley, oats, wheat). I use 2 cups of steel cut oats and 7 cups of water, let boil for about 25 min on the stove (watch so it doesn't boil over). My kids love it and so does my hubby!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I am going to join in with you guys!!!

Even though I am eating clean through a low carb lifestyle, non the less I am eating clean!!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Breakfast
    2 fresh sausage patties (no preservatives or nitrates)
    2 brown eggs, scrambled with onion and green pepper, fresh grated cheddar cheese
    16 oz black coffee

Lunch:
    Cucumber and tomato salad with ranch dressing
    2 - Baked chicken thighs and broccoli with home made alfredo sauce
    Water

Snack:
    Tangerine
    Water

Supper:
    New York Strip Steak
    Baked Sweet Potato (for my hubby)
    Caesar Salad
    Water

Snack:
    1/2 cup grapes
    1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese
    Water

Exercise:
    Elliptic machine at the gym, 20 minutes

Welcome! About how many carbs do you eat a day, just curious? I set my MFP guidelines at 50% carb/ 25% protein and 25% fat. That works well for me, I work out a lot (and run) so I need my good carb! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I don't consider coffeemate powdered creamer "clean" - if it is processed and has stuff in the ingredient list that are not found in nature "naturally", then I don't consider it clean. I know some people may differ on this one.

As for a clean sugar subsitute, the only one that I've heard of that *might* be clean is stevia. They sell it under brand name Truvia or something. I haven't done research on this though, since I stopped all sugar subsitutes and only use raw sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, etc. when needed. I take my coffee with organic milk, and that's all.

Yeah, I wouldn't say coffeemate is clean either. Some of them are made with hydrogenated oils. Can you just use whole milk or something instead? I like my coffee black so I don't have that problem! Stevia is supposed to be a good substitute, or agave nectar (you can find it in the natural section of the store, it's like honey). But just do your best.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Meal #3:
    Joseph's Flax & Oatbran pita
    Laughing Cow light cheese
    2oz chicken breast
    1/2 c. cottage cheese
    1/8 c. walnuts = 335

Meal #4:
    Chicken breast (4oz)
    Whole wheat rotini cooked in chicken broth & 98% FF cream of chicken
    1/2 c. peas, broccoli, & cauliflower = 517

SF hot cocoa (139)

Total: 1,891 (and burned close to 600 cals so I have 315 leftover and can't decide if I should eat back some more cals... decisions decisions...)
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Had a great day! Im back on track and that feels good! The weekend was a bit rough with V day!Hubby bought me a big box of chocolates. I couldnt resist. I ate more than I should have! So now im back on track! Started Chalean extreme on Monday and I like!

Thanks Jess! Im keeping an open mind with this program! I am definately going to be lifiting heavy with this program!

Steph
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Jess, you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does almond butter taste like? Where do you find it?

What is the difference between Chalean and P90X?

I am trying to eat as clean as possible but I am not quite there yet...but I love it when my nutrition is at least 85% clean in one day. It just makes me feel soooooooo good!!!! :flowerforyou: