Do You Bathe Everyday?

Options

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Usually every other day, but it depends. To be honest I think I know myself if I am rank or not. The days I don't I still rinse my hair, wash
    I don't wash my hair every day either which seems to be horrifying to non-europeans.
    Really?? I don't wash my hair everyday, it gets too dried out. I actually know a lot of women who don't wash it everyday so I'm surprised to hear people find that horryifying. You can still shower without washing your hair, that's what I do. I love my silly little shower cap lol.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Usually every other day, but it depends. To be honest I think I know myself if I am rank or not. The days I don't I still rinse my hair, wash my face and do a "personal check" if anything else needs doing.

I don't wash my hair every day either which seems to be horrifying to non-europeans.

Really? I've lived in the US all my life and most people I know don't wash their hair daily. I do only because mine's curly and it looks like crap if I don't.

Yeah, it's bad for it to wash it every day. I generally still rinse mine when I don't wash it.

My "really?" wasn't in reference to not washing your hair daily. It was that you said people outside Europe are shocked by it.

Like I said, I wash mine daily or it looks like crap. But I know many, many, many non-Europeans who don't. I must have especially oily hair because I wash every day and sometimes twice a day (if I workout) and it's very healthy.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday whether I need it or not.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I shower every other day, if I don't workout (or do something where I don't sweat, like yoga). I'm not a smelly person.

this. me too.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken a bath since Nixon was President. I do, however, shower AT LEAST once a day.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Usually every other day, but it depends. To be honest I think I know myself if I am rank or not. The days I don't I still rinse my hair, wash my face and do a "personal check" if anything else needs doing.

Really? I've lived in the US all my life and most people I know don't wash their hair daily. I do only because mine's curly and it looks like crap if I don't.

Yeah, it's bad for it to wash it every day. I generally still rinse mine when I don't wash it.

My "really?" wasn't in reference to not washing your hair daily. It was that you said people outside Europe are shocked by it.

Like I said, I wash mine daily or it looks like crap. But I know many, many, many non-Europeans who don't. I must have especially oily hair because I wash every day and sometimes twice a day (if I workout) and it's very healthy.

Maybe it gets oily BECAUSE you wash it every day - your scalp might sense the dryness and send your oil glands into overdrive. Just a thought.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    usually twice a day. always in the morning and then again after i workout.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Shower every night. Clean clothes every day (as in everything) and clean nightwear every night. Off my body and straight into the laundry basket.....

Sue :smile: x
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Oh, yeah, that's what I meant, is a lot of people I know in the U.S. don't wash it every day. Sorry. Didn't mean to imply that you were doing anything wrong with your hair.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Nope, I definitely don't shower every day and I probably only wash my hair about 2 times per week. I will usually take a quick shower after I workout, I mean quick like 15-30 seconds under freezing cold water just to rinse off the sweat, nothing more.
  • rml_16
    Options

Maybe it gets oily BECAUSE you wash it every day - your scalp might sense the dryness and send your oil glands into overdrive. Just a thought.

It doesn't get oily. I was just saying that I wash it daily and it's very healthy, so maybe that's why. It doesn't get dried out. I don't get split ends. I get compliments on my hair on almost a daily basis from complete strangers.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes but I don't change my underwear.

:indifferent: i know what santa needs to bring you for xmas! :wink:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Yes defiantly shower at least once a day, sometimes two times - can't understand people that don't.

I always shower defiantly.
  • rml_16
    Options

Oh, yeah, that's what I meant, is a lot of people I know in the U.S. don't wash it every day. Sorry. Didn't mean to imply that you were doing anything wrong with your hair.

lol

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. You said that non-Europeans are "horrified" that you don't wash your hair every day. I was saying that most people I know (who are Americans) don't wash their hair daily and I'm surprised you've gotten that reaction.

I was just trying to clarify that while I do wash mine daily, I'm not horrified by people who don't. lol
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm a big water-waster when it comes to bathing. I sometimes shower twice (once in the morning, then again after working out) and often take a bubble bath on top of the shower(s).
  • Mariposa187
    Options
    I've skipped before but its not a habit. and if i skip i at least give the important areas a wipe down.

Some people dont, i know older folk tend not too... If you dont smell wretched and there is no mold or barnacles growing on you then idc.

I remember a girl that worked at a daycare with me. She wouldn't shower during her TOM... :sick: NOW THAT is the most AWFUL smell in the world! No boy could top the wretched dead fish smell that lingered even after she was gone. I avoided the women's bathroom that week because her sanitaries in the trash made the whole bathroom smell like rotting fish. I wanna vomit just thinking about it
  • Mariposa187
    Options
    I've skipped before but its not a habit. and if i skip i at least give the important areas a wipe down.

Some people dont, i know older folk tend not too... If you dont smell wretched and there is no mold or barnacles growing on you then idc.

I remember a girl that worked at a daycare with me. She wouldn't shower during her TOM... :sick: NOW THAT is the most AWFUL smell in the world! No boy could top the wretched dead fish smell that lingered even after she was gone. I avoided the women's bathroom that week because her sanitaries in the trash made the whole bathroom smell like rotting fish. I wanna vomit just thinking about it
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

That is the most disgusting thing i have ever heard...
  • Mrs_Welch
    Options
    Definitely.