Do You Bathe Everyday?

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Every other day unless I've worked out, my hair has product build up, or I've been cooking something smelly. I am pretty sensitive to gross smells, and I hate smelling like food. But i could probably go without antiperspirant most days in the winter. I still use it because I'm worried I might spontaneously sweat buckets for no good reason.
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I shower everyday.

My co-worker showers everyday, however; she wouldn't wash her clothes until she got at least 3-4 wearings out of them. She stank. She has gotten better. Oh, and she had horrible breath (never went to the dentist, but now she is).
  • donnamarie12345
    Options
    I am having to take two showers a day now that I started working out.. one in the morning before work and then one after I work out at night.. it stinks.. ha ha ha.. but unless I am very sick.. I always used to shower 1 time a day .. otherwise.. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My sister bathes like 2-3 times a month. No joke. She smells so bad and has horrible skin issues because of it. Nobody knows why she won't shower. My grandma has begged her, crying. Her dermatologist has told her. It makes no sense...
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can't go a day without showering without feeling gross. I know I shouldn't wash my hair everyday but I can't stand not to. Frequently I will have 2, even 3 showers a day depending on my workout schedule. I refuse to go to work without showering.
    Sadly I have a coworker who, if she does shower does a poor job of it or else she just doesn't shower often enough. Nothing worse than walking into the restroom after she has been there and smelling the nasty funky smell....EWWWWWW
  • Behipped
    Options
    I probably shower 4-5 times a week. Always shower after I work out, but I honestly have never had a problem with being stinky... I have super dry skin that is actually painful sometimes and also eczema, and hot water doesn't do it any favors. It's hard to imagine showering more than once a day like some people are saying. I don't think I even have time for that lol
  • kelliebridges
    Options
    Yes. Not showerng everyday is gross... Nothing but a shower gets rid of the smell:sick:
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to stab in here that deoderants are cosmetic, Not hygenic, and the aluminium in antiperspirants can be downright bad for you. My pits get what my grandfather always referred to as a wh*re's bath every day, and a swipe of Tom of Maine's deoderant (not antiperspirant) every day, because if I don't I smell like an Italian restaraunt...all garlic and onions. My man, however, showers every other day and normally doesn't use any deoderant at all unless it's the dead of summer and he never stinks, no matter what. He's just got flippin' good chemistry like that.

It cracks me up to no end whenever I catch the office ladies at his job sniffing around him when he's been working in the warehouse, wondering what scent he uses! xD I don't have the heart to tell them that they're rhapsodizing about his natural body funk.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, we might eat at a restaraunt or fast-food joint once a month...we live about 7 miles from the closest paved road and 'convenience food' just isn't very convenient. I make my baby's breakfast and pack his lunches every day, and a good chunk of what we eat is locally grown/raised.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to stab in here that deoderants are cosmetic, Not hygenic, and the aluminium in antiperspirants can be downright bad for you. My pits get what my grandfather always referred to as a wh*re's bath every day, and a swipe of Tom of Maine's deoderant (not antiperspirant) every day, because if I don't I smell like an Italian restaraunt...all garlic and onions. My man, however, showers every other day and normally doesn't use any deoderant at all unless it's the dead of summer and he never stinks, no matter what. He's just got flippin' good chemistry like that.

It cracks me up to no end whenever I catch the office ladies at his job sniffing around him when he's been working in the warehouse, wondering what scent he uses! xD I don't have the heart to tell them that they're rhapsodizing about his natural body funk.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, we might eat at a restaraunt or fast-food joint once a month...we live about 7 miles from the closest paved road and 'convenience food' just isn't very convenient. I make my baby's breakfast and pack his lunches every day, and a good chunk of what we eat is locally grown/raised.

For my boyfriend, deoderant is essential.

Sorry, but not everyone smells good naturally and it's gross and vomit-inducing to be around them. I thank the universe every day that I live in a time and place where it's available and most people use it.
  • yessiseguy
    Options
    Yes! Lol 2x a day even 3 @ times. Yes and love it :)
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I haven't broken a sweat that day, I don't smell bad and I don't feel funky...I see no need to waste the water. It won't kill me, but it will kill the planet. Also, I have many scars that are extremely sensitive to overdrying.
    I wash my face and brush my teeth at least twice a day, but I'll bathe/shower 3-4 times a week in the winter and 4-6 times a week in the summer.

An enlightening article on the subject can be found here:

http://www.self.com/health/blogs/healthyself/2010/11/is-it-unhealthy-to-shower-ever.html

Thank you and I hear you! My skin dries out so much in the MN winter... I usually go every other when it is 30 below!
    I also wash my face twice a day, wear deodorant every day, and make sure to shower on days I am greasy or that I work out. If I don't leave the house on a weekend, I'll for sure skip Saturday. I think there is a BIG difference between people who skip a shower here and there and people with just plain ol' bad hygiene.
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes defiantly shower at least once a day, sometimes two times - can't understand people that don't.

I always shower defiantly.

bahahaha - sorry, couldn't help it . Awesome. :laugh:
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a job where i do alot of manuel labor..Im a carpenter and a plumber.. I bathe and wash my hair every day. Believe me, if i went 1 day without it, you would know lol
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and run almost everyday. I work on a farm.
    For all of you who don't shower daily, for whatever reason, don't worry, I am using up the water you are saving. I shower at least 2 times a day.
    Some call it wasteful, I call it public service.
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Usually every other day, but it depends. To be honest I think I know myself if I am rank or not. The days I don't I still rinse my hair, wash my face and do a "personal check" if anything else needs doing.

I don't wash my hair every day either which seems to be horrifying to non-europeans.

Really? I've lived in the US all my life and most people I know don't wash their hair daily. I do only because mine's curly and it looks like crap if I don't.

I like your hair!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    So I got a gross story about bathing etc:
    Back in the day in Mexico, women were not supposed to bathe after giving birth. Basically, they were not to bathe for the 40 days one laid in or whatever..anyway, my uncle (who has passed away, this was back in the 30's-40's) had a sister that happened to be over the border in McAllen, Texas when she gave birth to one of her children. The day after the nurses tried to get her to take a bath and all she did was go in the bathroom, wet down her hair a bit and come out and said she showered.
    That story has gotten passed down lol, cuz of how bathing was just considered "bad" or whatever back in the day in Northeastern Mexico.

But seriously, though, for me..I cannot abide even feeling a bit smelly. I bathe once a day every day. I don't wash my hair every day though. Tends to be dry, so maybe three times a week if I don't use a lot of hair product, if I do, then its every day.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I shower every other day unless I have done something that makes me sweaty or dirty. I can't wash my hair every day since it get more oily then and my skin would completely dry out. I do "bird bathing" every day though :)
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I wake up every morning and take a hot bath before work. Then if I go to the gym i take a shower there. Alot of times I shower before bed cause i like sleeping clean.

My skin dries out so i spend good money on good lotion. If ive been around someone dirty (stanky) I will go home and shower. I cant stand it.

I have oily hair so its a must to wash it everyday.

I work with a chick that honestly she must bathe on Saturday morning cause she never looks clean to me. She is always greasy and stanky. Smells kinda like a goat herder
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do..but worked for European companies the last 10 years or so....can you say "le pew"? :sick:
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    every. single. day.

wash my hair every other day so its not frizzy. = )