Do You Bathe Everyday?

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, few households had showers and it'd take an age to heat up enough water for a bath, so we'd only bathe twice a week. In the 1976 drought we shared bathwater!

I shower at least once a day now, and often twice. I need the morning one to get fresh and make my hair look less like Tim Burton's and another after working out, which is usually in the evening.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I know a Vietnamese guy who doesn't shower or take a bath for at least a month at a time. I don't know if it is true, but he said it is cultural. I have met other Vietnamese people, but haven't had the courage to ask. I think it is too stupid of a comment to believe and an insult to ask.
    Yuck! I think he was just disgusting.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I do shower everyday, especially since i'm working out now.

I do however take very quick showers so as not to waste a bunch of water, mine last maybe 3 minutes.

No big deal if someone showers every other day or every couple days if they do a "bird bath" and wash their groin, arm pits, etc.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I shower every morning and sometimes at night too :wink: :blushing:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know a Vietnamese guy who doesn't shower or take a bath for at least a month at a time. I don't know if it is true, but he said it is cultural. I have met other Vietnamese people, but haven't had the courage to ask. I think it is too stupid of a comment to believe and an insult to ask.

I have a friend who was born in Vietnam right at the end of the war and while I've only known her a short time, she's always very clean when I see her! I don't think it's cultural. Or maybe she's just a rebel. :-)
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I clean my body in the shower once a day, but wash my hair with shampoo two maybe three times a week. I am Indian and my hair is very long. If I wash it more than that it will induce the strand to fall out more than normal. I love my hair and want to keep it healthy, and it never stinks in case you were wondering.
    :wink:
  • teagin2002
    Options

I have a friend who was born in Vietnam right at the end of the war and while I've only known her a short time, she's always very clean when I see her! I don't think it's cultural. Or maybe she's just a rebel. :-)

The other couple I know are also very clean, and I am not about to ask them if that disgusting habit is cultural. I just can't believe it.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    your description is disgusting!!

i shower everyday- twice. Once in the a.m. and then at night after workout. I know I'm not supposed to wash my hair everyday but I do it 2 times a day! I sweat way too much during workout for me not to.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I used to have a roommate who put on Axe spray in place of bathing.

I used to have a husband that did that. But I divorced his stanky *kitten* lol

My 13 yr old son does this when he wakes up late for school. The smell of Axe literally makes me want to vomit!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Twice a day. I wash my hair once a day.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i don't BATHE everyday but I shower once a day, twice if i went to the gym :P
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

I guess my sister and I determined when we were in our teens to go totally the other way. On any given day I shower at least twice, sometimes three times, and I never get into bed or leave my house without being freshly showered. The very IDEA that somebody might think I stink terrifies me.

/neurotic rant.

hilarious but i'm the same way! can't go to bed without showering, can't workout without showering immediately after, and definately can't go out (especially not with a guy/around guys)without a nice shower.

minimum once, if possible 2x a day!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, we didn't have a shower at home so it was bird bath every day and bath 1-2 times a week. Nobody never stank in our house!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Rarely I might skip a day if I'm really busy or tired, but 95% of the time I shower daily, especially going to the gym so much!

My ex never used to wash though. Sometimes he could go a couple of weeks without washing, it was so disgusting, it used to really piss me off. We used to argue over it a lot, and I used to have to beg him to wash sometimes! Hence why he is my ex...

Did you REALLY mean weeks??? That is awful - thank god he's gone!
  • stampede55
    Options
    bathe bath·ing

Definition of BATHE
    transitive verb
    1: moisten, wet
    2: to wash in a liquid (as water)
    3: to apply water or a liquid medicament to
    4: to flow along the edge of : lave
    5: to suffuse with or as if with light

:tongue:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I also cannot go out after work to dinner or with friends without getting freshly showered and doig my hair and make up Need to look and be fresh at all times.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    There's maybe three days out of the month (not in a row!) that I don't, mostly because I don't always shower/bathe at the same time of the day. So if I shower later on a Saturday, I might skip the Sunday if it's a lazy, stay in the PJs all day at home kind of day, and shower early on Monday.

I usually wash my hair every other day.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If I haven't broken a sweat that day, I don't smell bad and I don't feel funky...I see no need to waste the water. It won't kill me, but it will kill the planet. Also, I have many scars that are extremely sensitive to overdrying.
    I wash my face and brush my teeth at least twice a day, but I'll bathe/shower 3-4 times a week in the winter and 4-6 times a week in the summer.

An enlightening article on the subject can be found here:

http://www.self.com/health/blogs/healthyself/2010/11/is-it-unhealthy-to-shower-ever.html

I do this, too. I don't go more than a day without showering, but if I shower too much I get sick, because I hate blowdrying my hair, but I do bath every other day, but if I am sweaty/funky smelling I definitely shower. I wash my face once a day and brush at least twice a day. No need to waste water just so I can say I shower every day.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Usually every other day, but it depends. To be honest I think I know myself if I am rank or not. The days I don't I still rinse my hair, wash my face and do a "personal check" if anything else needs doing.

I don't wash my hair every day either which seems to be horrifying to non-europeans.

Really? I've lived in the US all my life and most people I know don't wash their hair daily. I do only because mine's curly and it looks like crap if I don't.

Yeah, it's bad for it to wash it every day. I generally still rinse mine when I don't wash it.

My "really?" wasn't in reference to not washing your hair daily. It was that you said people outside Europe are shocked by it.

Like I said, I wash mine daily or it looks like crap. But I know many, many, many non-Europeans who don't. I must have especially oily hair because I wash every day and sometimes twice a day (if I workout) and it's very healthy.

Yeah, I think it depends more on your skin type. I have oily skin, so I have to wash it daily. My brother is quite the opposite. He has beautiful, thick curls and can get away with once a week (if he doesn't get stinky).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If I haven't broken a sweat that day, I don't smell bad and I don't feel funky...I see no need to waste the water. It won't kill me, but it will kill the planet. Also, I have many scars that are extremely sensitive to overdrying.
    I wash my face and brush my teeth at least twice a day, but I'll bathe/shower 3-4 times a week in the winter and 4-6 times a week in the summer.

An enlightening article on the subject can be found here:

http://www.self.com/health/blogs/healthyself/2010/11/is-it-unhealthy-to-shower-ever.html

I do this, too. I don't go more than a day without showering, but if I shower too much I get sick, because I hate blowdrying my hair, but I do bath every other day, but if I am sweaty/funky smelling I definitely shower. I wash my face once a day and brush at least twice a day. No need to waste water just so I can say I shower every day.

If not blow-drying one's hair caused illness, I'd be dead. The last time I used a hairdryer was probably 1994.

Jenna -- I have no idea! I never really thought about it before. It was just a thought as to why my hair doesn't get dry from so much washing. I do use a leave-in conditioner after the second wash, so I'm sure that helps.