Do You Bathe Everyday?

Options

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Some people have BO even if they shower. Could be diet related. Could be ovearactive sebaceous (sweat) glands.
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Every single day, twice if I workout
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a bath (except with my wife :tongue: ) in years - but I shower at least once a day.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I MUST shower as soon as I move an inch out of bed. For some reason the thought of myself being unshowered and for some reason it makes me sweaty if I go a few hours without a shower. I'm forcing myself not to wash my hair everyday because it's a pain to straighten out the perm. If I work out I will shower twice a day or more depending on the activities. I will make room and go out of my way for anything for a shower. I also cannot stand to go very long without brushing my teeth as it just gets unbearable!

I wish I could hang out on the weekend without a shower... even if I'm not going anywhere. I CANNOT do it. Lol... something about dirty sweat just makes me fall apart.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    See I grew up with a family of 6 and 1 bathroom. We never showered every day. I found it kinda odd when I started working out and showered basically everyday. If I work out I do, if I smell I do, if I feel yicky I do...but in the winter if I don't work out, I don't EVERYDAY. Mostly every other day, but if I do not smell, look shiny, or feel gross why everyday? I say stay clean, ALWAYS shower if you exercise and beyond that as long as you are no upsetting the environment with your hygiene (I worked at a Comicbook store for years, I know what smelly bad is) shower as you feel is needed.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    does a rinse count as a shower? cause sometimes I wont necesarrily use soap everyday since it makes my skin all dry and flacky, but I will everyday go into the shower and rince my skin off with hot/cold water to.....I dont stink.....
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I shower daily, after the gym, but wash my hair every other day.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, sometimes 3 every SINGLE day!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    OMG this about made me pee my pants. Thanks for the morning laugh! I do agree with you, BO is not fun matter. I hope you find a decent way to bring it up to him and get him to bath daily!
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes! Its the law in my house...lol!!! BO = total turn off!!!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    In this morning's local paper (I thought it apropos) :
    5f15da8f-1.jpg
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Usually every other day, but it depends. To be honest I think I know myself if I am rank or not. The days I don't I still rinse my hair, wash my face and do a "personal check" if anything else needs doing.

I don't wash my hair every day either which seems to be horrifying to non-europeans.

Really? I've lived in the US all my life and most people I know don't wash their hair daily. I do only because mine's curly and it looks like crap if I don't.

Yeah, it's bad for it to wash it every day. I generally still rinse mine when I don't wash it.

My "really?" wasn't in reference to not washing your hair daily. It was that you said people outside Europe are shocked by it.

Like I said, I wash mine daily or it looks like crap. But I know many, many, many non-Europeans who don't. I must have especially oily hair because I wash every day and sometimes twice a day (if I workout) and it's very healthy.

Maybe it gets oily BECAUSE you wash it every day - your scalp might sense the dryness and send your oil glands into overdrive. Just a thought.

That's not necessarily true. Some people have excessively oily skin, like me. If I didn't wash my hair every day I would look like I never washed it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I shower every day except on the Saturdays that I'm not going anywhere. If I'm just staying home I'll skip the shower because it's just me and my son and he doesn't care. Although, he's a very clean person and he showers or takes a tub bath at least once a day sometimes twice a day whether he's going anywhere or not.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I shower everyday, it's called higiene. Weekends when I'm working in the yard or on the house I'll wait till evening to shower.
    For those that skip days is that even after working out? :noway:

i work with a guy that looks like he combs his hair with a hershey bar, puts on yesterdays clothes and struts on into work.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm still stuck on the bacon hair reply.

The mere thought of not showering daily makes me feel like 5-day old, improperly wiped a*sshole.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I shower everyday, it's called higiene. Weekends when I'm working in the yard or on the house I'll wait till evening to shower.
    For those that skip days is that even after working out? :noway:

i work with a guy that looks like he combs his hair with a hershey bar, puts on yesterdays clothes and struts on into work.

I would bet that for the majority of people who don't shower daily, we wouldn't know if they didn't tell us. It's the ones who go very long periods without it that you notice, or have otherwise poor hygiene habits.

It's not unusual for me to get up on Saturday morning, throw on some deoderant and clothes to run an errand before I take a shower. I don't stink and if I didn't pull my hair up the night before, I even sometimes look like I made an effort. I shower daily because I don't feel right if I don't, but I don't think most people would notice.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I work from home but I shower every day. I shower before going to the gym (yes I know I know) then when I get back I shower again. On the days that I don't go to the gym but run, I run first then shower. Even on our pajama days, I shower then put on clean pj's. The water doesn't get wasted, it gets recycled at the water plant and I pay for the priviledge so I don't have any guilt.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Many years ago I overslept for a doctor's appointment and agonized over the choice to skip my bath (apartment had no shower) and be on time or bathe and show up a few minutes late. I chose the latter and did have to submit to an exam by the doctor. The nurse in the room said, "Thank you for being clean." I have never had to make a decision like that again.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    For people like me with dry skin conditions (I talking scaly like a lizard) to shower every day, even with moisturizing afterward, can put a toll on the skin. I usually shower every other day and days I don't I "wash" the area (armpits, groin area) with a wash cloth and some very mild soap.

^^ yup, me too.

I have psoriasis issues, so too much showering aggravates that. But I do WASH UP on the non-shower days............I mean, really!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    If I haven't broken a sweat that day, I don't smell bad and I don't feel funky...I see no need to waste the water. It won't kill me, but it will kill the planet. Also, I have many scars that are extremely sensitive to overdrying.
    I wash my face and brush my teeth at least twice a day, but I'll bathe/shower 3-4 times a week in the winter and 4-6 times a week in the summer.

An enlightening article on the subject can be found here:

http://www.self.com/health/blogs/healthyself/2010/11/is-it-unhealthy-to-shower-ever.html

This.
    Couple that with if I shower daily my dry skin is very much made worse even with moisturisers.