Do You Bathe Everyday?

Options

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    If I don't plan on going anywhere that day I might not, but if I'm going out in public or to work, then yes.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Since I shower before going to work (4days a week) and I have to shower after a work out (4/5days a week) yup I shower every day.

.... sometimes 2ce a day (depending on what happens at work.... :grumble: )
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Since I shower before going to work (4days a week) and I have to shower after a work out (4/5days a week) yup I shower every day.

.... sometimes 2ce a day (depending on what happens at work.... :grumble: )

Yeah, I shower twice a day on workout days as well. I work up quite a funk in the gym so can't go without a shower after that.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    With all the exercising I do, I have to bathe daily or I will wreak like *ss and sweat
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My mother is one of those unbathed people. It's horrifying. She deliberately ignores hints and then gets hysterical--literally--when you flat-out call her on it. She's seventy-seven years old now, and the situation is unlikely to change, but it's not as though this is a new getting-old kind of thing; she's always been like this.

I guess my sister and I determined when we were in our teens to go totally the other way. On any given day I shower at least twice, sometimes three times, and I never get into bed or leave my house without being freshly showered. The very IDEA that somebody might think I stink terrifies me.

/neurotic rant.

If she's 77 she's part of the generation who only bathed on Saturday night to get ready for church on Sunday morning. If they weren't going to church, they didn't bother. If she grew up on a farm where they had to pump water, they didn't waste it on things like bathing.

Ever been to a nursing home? Those people get a bath once a week, which I don't think is often enough considering most of them wear briefs (aka: diapers). My son is in a nursing home and he just turned 30. He's been in a coma since he was 18. He gets 2 baths/showers a week because I demanded it. His body still functions like that of a normal 30 year old male, he just has no control over it.

So for a lot of people to bathe or not to bathe is due to situations when they grew up. Now it's merely a habit. When I grew up, we bathed once a week, had school clothes and play clothes that were worn more often than once. Of course when we got older there were showers after gym and I was on a swim team so did get dipped in water daily. :happy:

Now I shower in the morning and take a nice long hot bath at the end of the day before I head to bed. Water is cheap here.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have to take shower every day even if all did was stay at home in my pj's all day I have to brush my teeth twice a day now I dont wash my hair every day but I have a cowoker I truely belives takes a bath one a time a month he just stinks he has to know it every one around him smells it he smells like a dog that has been kept outside all it life its horrible and he has girl friend that I really dont understand how could he even want to get to know some one who stinks??
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I remember a girl that worked at a daycare with me. She wouldn't shower during her TOM... :sick: NOW THAT is the most AWFUL smell in the world! No boy could top the wretched dead fish smell that lingered even after she was gone. I avoided the women's bathroom that week because her sanitaries in the trash made the whole bathroom smell like rotting fish. I wanna vomit just thinking about it

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

eeeww
  • marzahl68
    Options
    Daily but I don't wash my hair daily. It becomes dry, dull and it takes me up to an hour to wash, condition, blowdry. I simply don't have the time or patience.
  • strawberryromper
    strawberryromper Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I shower every morning, except for the VERY rare occasion that I'm not working that day or going anywhere else- and then I still shower if I work out.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I shows after every workout. About 5 times per week.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    not usualy, unless i do something where i sweat / or get wet in the rain then yes i will, but usualy every other day is fine for my lifestyle lol ive never had a comment saying i smell bad , actualy quite the oposite
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I shower late in the day, I won't shower the next day. Hell half the time when I shower late afternoon/early evening and put my hair up wet, it'll still be wet the next morning when I wake up.

If I work out that day, then yes, everyday.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My mother is one of those unbathed people. It's horrifying. She deliberately ignores hints and then gets hysterical--literally--when you flat-out call her on it. She's seventy-seven years old now, and the situation is unlikely to change, but it's not as though this is a new getting-old kind of thing; she's always been like this.

I guess my sister and I determined when we were in our teens to go totally the other way. On any given day I shower at least twice, sometimes three times, and I never get into bed or leave my house without being freshly showered. The very IDEA that somebody might think I stink terrifies me.

/neurotic rant.

If she's 77 she's part of the generation who only bathed on Saturday night to get ready for church on Sunday morning. If they weren't going to church, they didn't bother. If she grew up on a farm where they had to pump water, they didn't waste it on things like bathing.

Ever been to a nursing home? Those people get a bath once a week, which I don't think is often enough considering most of them wear briefs (aka: diapers). My son is in a nursing home and he just turned 30. He's been in a coma since he was 18. He gets 2 baths/showers a week because I demanded it. His body still functions like that of a normal 30 year old male, he just has no control over it.

So for a lot of people to bathe or not to bathe is due to situations when they grew up. Now it's merely a habit. When I grew up, we bathed once a week, had school clothes and play clothes that were worn more often than once. Of course when we got older there were showers after gym and I was on a swim team so did get dipped in water daily. :happy:

Now I shower in the morning and take a nice long hot bath at the end of the day before I head to bed. Water is cheap here.

Your son is currently in a coma and has been for 12 years???
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Now I feel pretty lousy about skipping that shower today :ohwell:

Lol, no I really don't. I shower most days but I definitely have my bummy sit around the house and veg out days (like today). Living, laughing, learning.
  • lilyflor
    lilyflor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I heard that europeans don't shower/bath everyday, in fact that they mark the days that is time to shower in a calendar... I simply cannot understand this... ok don't wash your hair everyday, I don't but you do need to shower everyday!!!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I shower most days of the week (if I'm sick, or migraining, and don't need to leave the house, I skip the shower.) However, I wash my hair about 3 days a week. My stylist has been nagging me for years to quit washing my hair so much, so I'm trying to embrace it. I'm finding my hair has WAY more body and shine, when I wash every second day, rather than daily.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I bathe everyday & sometimes even twice a day during summer.
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I bathe everyday with a few exceptions on a weekend or when I am super sick or something. I have a 4.5 year old and a 2.5 year old and they get bathed every day as well. Now, my 16 year old stepson? That is hot mess! He will go a week without bathing and it makes me crazy. I give up on saying anything because it starts a battle with his mom who comes in to defend him.

I will go one further and admit that I am also OCD about shaving. I shave my legs and underarms every single day. It drives me crazy if I don't.
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I shower daily, and once in awhile twice. On occasion, if im not going anywhere at all that day, I may skip a day. Otherwise, every day
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    How can there really be people out there that don't? My Coworker/Carpooler does not. He smells like he's been rolling around in crisco, dandruff, and potato chips.

Please people, wash your a** daily.

Sorry if this offends anyone....but if it does, don't type anything, go get in the shower immediately!!

That is all. Have a good day :drinker:
    Why tell us?
    Tell that pig riding in your car....