Completely irrational judgement

Options

Replies

• airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I also judge people who see the lane closed 1+ miles before it happens and still wait to the very last minute to squeeze in. These people think they are entitled & I cannot stand them.
    That's actually how you're supposed to do it. If everyone would drive to the closure and "zipper" together it works great. A few years ago MN's DOT was actually running ads to encourage it, but it didn't work.
    Yes. I think it's a shame this doesn't work, but people are too territorial about letting you merge in front of them.

What bothers me more is when somebody is in the lane they should be in, they get out of the lane, speed by, and cut back over right when the lane ends. What was the point of that? To move up 5 cars?

I live in an area where when I drive to work every day I have to go on a road that starts out as 2 lanes, goes down to one, and then goes to a 3 way stop sign. Normally I have no problem with the every other car thing. It bothers me if there isn't a car in the other lane and somebody who has been going over the speed limit comes up from behind and expects you to let them in front of you when the lane has already merged over. I have had people ride along side me on the shoulder trying to make their point of I should have let them in.

That and people who want on an entrance ramp that is backed up. I also have to deal with this going to work. The entrance ramp I use gets backed up on the feeder road. I have seen people get out of line, speed by everybody, and try to cut back over to the ramp after the lane has already split away. Again, I don't let people like this over.

Or people who come up from behind you, nobody behind you for like 5 car lengths, and when they get next to you they put on their turn signal and expect you to slow down and let them in front of you. Why couldn't they get behind me? Because now they are going to have to. Again, I have had several people ride along side me with their turn signal on because they want me to slow down and let them in when they could have very easily just gotten behind me. They either end up speeding up and doing it to the person in front of me or having to get behind me.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    all of these judgements make sense to me for the most part...BUT I'm judging everyone that is posting these judgements that think all of these "*kitten*" "jerkwads" and whatever else they have been called aren't judging them for all of the "stupid" things that they do!

we all judge I'm not innocent, but what I judge most are people that make "judging" others a game. do you know why that guy is driving slowly? or why she is swerving in traffic? or why that person has those exact groceries in their cart? maybe he is new in town & maybe she just had someone call in an emergency & maybe this person isn't shopping for themselves.. I'm not saying you're not right about some people..just maybe try to put the shoe on the other foot..

stressing about anything isn't good for weight loss..stress makes your body store fat..think about it :)

& SAHM's would have to pay for child care if they worked..maybe it would just cancel out..so why not take care of your own children?..

I'm now judging you for judging me for judging other people.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Who invited Debbie Downer??

I judge Debbie Downers
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    all of these judgements make sense to me for the most part...BUT I'm judging everyone that is posting these judgements that think all of these "*kitten*" "jerkwads" and whatever else they have been called aren't judging them for all of the "stupid" things that they do!

we all judge I'm not innocent, but what I judge most are people that make "judging" others a game. do you know why that guy is driving slowly? or why she is swerving in traffic? or why that person has those exact groceries in their cart? maybe he is new in town & maybe she just had someone call in an emergency & maybe this person isn't shopping for themselves.. I'm not saying you're not right about some people..just maybe try to put the shoe on the other foot..

stressing about anything isn't good for weight loss..stress makes your body store fat..think about it :)

& SAHM's would have to pay for child care if they worked..maybe it would just cancel out..so why not take care of your own children?..

*passes a polishing cloth*

For your halo, love.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

This thread is about "completely irrational judgement". I think we all realize that we are probably incorrect in these judgements because we don't know what the other person is doing/thinking/going through.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I judge people who come into the Chit Chat Fun & Games thread and get on the soapbox when everyone is just laughing and enjoying themselves :huh:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Who invited Debbie Downer??

dude for real... can't have a stupid pointless thread in FUN & GAMES! :angry:

Take your Debbie Downer bs to the debate group plskthx

Totally not in the mood for people's BS after the whole "gay marriage" debacle.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I missed the gay marriage debacle *sigh* I actually... worked.
  • airycha
    Options
    I can't believe I missed the gay marriage debacle *sigh* I actually... worked.

ewwww i am judging you for working...

i should be working
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    tries hard not to judge. but finds on occasion, folks judge me, because of my size. Thats a hard one to brake, after the last few years. All in my head. So im told.

So in a way i judge them for thinking/not thinking i cant do anything because of who i am. :)
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'M GUILTY!

I park backwards, I always have since I learned to drive when I was 15. It is somehow much MUCH easier for me to see the cars beside me in the side mirrors, plus the lines on the concrete, so I can get a near-perfect park job every time. Then, when it's time to leave, I can see exactly what's in front of me and I feel much safer!

The only time I do NOT park backwards is in a parking lot with SLANTED spaces. Then I'm facing the wrong way to get out and I don't want that either. But for the most part, when I arrive somewhere I'd rather take the time to park backwards, then be able to DASH outta there when I'm ready to leave!

I do judge folks that give soda drinks to their pre-schoolers! I had a friend who could NOT win this fight with her hubby - one time we were all out to dinner (years ago!), and the hubby had their 2-year-old on his lap... she reached for his Coke and he handed it to her, he even helped her with the straw and I watched her gulp, gulp, gulp it down!

He saw my JUDGEMENTAL look, and he said "Oh come on, she's had plenty of water and juice today, a little soda won't kill her!". I said "Oh, wow, you are totally right! In fact, now that I think about it, I'll bet she's been breathing oxygen alllll day long, so let's give her a cigarrette, shall we? ONE WON'T KILL HER..."

He took the soda away and gave her water after that... :laugh:

Ice
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Random pet peeves of mine?

-People who drag their feet...are you really so lazy that you can't pick up your entire foot when you walk?

Not lazy...my foot just works that way. I can walk "correctly" but it really, really wears out my foot after a while and can cause pain.:wink:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I judge people who tailgate and swerve in and out of traffic without regard for anyone else on the road. It's like they think they're time is worth more than anyone else's, or that they're more important and everyone should make room for them.

i knew my husband would get called out eventually! he is the most aggressive driver on this earth!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I judge people who tailgate and swerve in and out of traffic without regard for anyone else on the road. It's like they think they're time is worth more than anyone else's, or that they're more important and everyone should make room for them.

i knew my husband would get called out eventually! he is the most aggressive driver on this earth!

THAT was Allen????!!!!!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i judge buffets like Golden Corral, Ryans **** House or any place like that. I hate those places and my SIL insists on taking her 400+ pound father there for father's day EVERY year cause its all she can afford. I told her I would pay for her food if for the love of all things designer we could go somewhere other than those places.

and i judge people that look like a million bucks and their kids look like pig pen ALL THE TIME.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You make me laugh!! i'm a *kitten*! I drive a suburban so it is easiest to back into a parking place. Can I ask why it bothers you? Like are we talking in shopping mall parking slots or in their/our driveways?

Alright, mine is groups of women who sit around restaurants and order salads. Thousand calorie salads, who are they fooling?
    [/quote

Lmao! I order what i want when i want it!
  • airycha
    Options

not if you ask my husband, he would say it is me. I don't feel like I am that aggressive but he constantly is telling me my drving is going to give him a heart attack. though he usually ends with... i know you are a good driver, it is the other people i don't trust. i don't get him sometimes.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I judge people based on who they associate with on MFP...IJS.

^^^ This.

I judge the parents of the stupid teenage boys who wear their jeans belted around their thighs/knees. Seriously, how is that even comfortable and why as a parent would you not say PULL UP YOUR D@MN PANTS!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    i judge buffets like Golden Corral, Ryans **** House or any place like that. I hate those places and my SIL insists on taking her 400+ pound father there for father's day EVERY year cause its all she can afford. I told her I would pay for her food if for the love of all things designer we could go somewhere other than those places.

and i judge people that look like a million bucks and their kids look like pig pen ALL THE TIME.

I judge people at the buffet, while I'm at the buffet.

I've got my meal preplanned and calories counted, so I get a pass.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I judge people with a "Baby on Board" sign on their car. I mean, really? So people should drive carefully around you because you have a baby in your car? What about me? Should I have a "Mom on Board" sign in my car because if I die in an accident I would orphan my kids? YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BABY!!