Will you be giving yourself a break over Xmas?

Options

Replies

• FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm trying hard to not look at this as something I need a break from, this is supposed to be a lifestyle change. So, I'll keep logging and when I eat something that throws the balance off, I'll take something else off to make up for it or add some exercise to balance it out.
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    Christmas day - i will have off and eat what i want, but will watch portion sizes and not have any pre dinners nibbles ie cheeses, dips, chips etc. BUT alll other days will be normal eating and exercise with the exception of maybe a few more wines!
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    as i do all the shopping all the prep and all the cooking it will all be done low fat, low/no sugar

half the time my hubby asks why am i eating that when im on a diet, then i tell him its diet stuff he can not belive it, that he ate it and enjoyed it..and has even started to ask me to make it again..

i may have a little drink but it will be gin and slim line tonic or 3 ;-)
  • darclewis
    Options
    haha I forgot to mention. There's less temptation for me because I'm Canadian and had Thanksgiving in October, but Christmas is going to be hard. I'm determined to stick with it though!
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I may overindulge, but I am going to be honest about it and log everything. I don't understand the not logging it. Just because it's not logged doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    That's a really good point!!!!
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    I am taking a break from logging this week, will still be eating healthy but feel I need a week off logging. Only 1kg to lose so not stressed about it
    re Xmas, yup won't be watching what I eat on 24-26th Dec and 31 Dec-2nd Jan. So that's 6 days of eating what I want just not eating when I'm full though and luckily I like healthy food (desserts are my downfall!)
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating the things I want to, within moderation, but I'm also going work workout! I may not get a workout in on the actual days, but I'm gonna try... even if it's a quick video or something... it's not really that I can't enjoy the day, it's just that I get stressed out if I don't do something to break a sweat.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    me too. I will indulge but log everything and then back to normal for working out. I even plan to do extra workouts for the actual holiday days as well. Those holidays did not make me fat, my everyday bad behavior did.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Two bites of anything I want won't destroy all my progress. It's all about portion control. I am confused by everyone that says they are not going to log because they want to enjoy themselves. The enjoy the way I am eating now. And I know that this needs to be a lifestyle change for me or I will just end up back where I started.

I have Thanskgiving week and the week between XMas/NewYears off. I plan on upping my exercise those two weeks.
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    I plan on enjoying both T-day and Xmas, but from now until then, and imediately after, I am going extra hard on my exercise, twice a day most days, and continuing to watch my calories
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    NOPE - I cant do anything in moderation so Im gonna do a 15 mile run on that day...
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    NO! Because the minute I get back in the habit of eating a higher calorie amount, its gonna be hard to go back!
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'll have some plum pudding.... but the rest will be my usual
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Day before Thanksgiving/Christmas= Tough exercising/logging
    Thanksgiving/Christmas= Some exercising/No logging
    Day after Thanksgiving/Christmas = Back to normal

:D

^^This!!^^
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    No breaks. I having more trouble than I ever expected just getting back to Onederland. I can't afford to be derailed even a little bit.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log and exercise as normal but expect to be over calories on Christmas day and certain other days I'm home with chocolate ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day and new years eve and new years day i will eat what i like, and apart from walking probably wont get any exercise. any other days are business as usual!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Exercising like normal (well as normal as you can expect when the gym times are messed up over the holiday period)
    Logging like normal apart from Christmas day and Boxing day.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much finished trying to lose weight now, so I probably won't log over Christmas, but will try not to over indulge too much and to fit some yoga in somewhere.

I'm thinking, just go for the good stuff, but in relative moderation, so cheap chocolates are out, but champagne truffles are in. Quality over quantity.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to lose the weight in the first place, so I really don't want to gain. But I will plan my 'cheat day' for Christmas day so that it's scheduled and I can enjoy it. I try to have one cheat day a month and have never gained an ounce. I will, of course, keep exercising over the holidays as usual. I have worked wayyyyy too hard to blow it all in a week.