Will you be giving yourself a break over Xmas?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Mirror_Image
    Options
    I'm working nightshift over the Xmas period (well, that's what I've requested on the off duty - we'll see if I get it) seeing as I'm working away from Scotland now. That way, I can sleep through Xmas without getting depressed I'm not at home, ha! Also it means that I can avoid the overload on food that I usually venture on during Xmas, meaning little chance to sabotage if I'm in charge of what I eat. Trying to shake the crap eating and booze fest that I racked up over the last 2 weeks (annual leave and my birthday) and determined to hit my goal.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    a break? no this is how I do it now. If it's not at my box for exercise, it's in my home gym. As far as food goes, I need to keep my glucose levels down so I'll continue my nutrition plan as is. I think the only thing that will be questionable is how much booze I will consume!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I figure that I will eat slightly more during Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I'll try to exercise a lil more to take care of this.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lift lots of heavy stuff and then eat lots of food. Should be good :smile:
  • mazp12
    mazp12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Its my birthday 10 days before xmas so giving myself a break from birthday to new year and not being so strict with calories etc but will try not to over indulge to much ! once January here theres no important dates to make me wander so hopefully back on full track then !!
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    Nope i plan on staying on my daily regimin. I will probably workout a little more the day before xmas and thanksgiving to give me a little more lee-way on those days But i dont want to go backwards. Ive come too far to go back now
  • caison
    Options
    No. I've found that if I give myself a break, I won't get back on it. I probably won't pay much attention to logging because honestly, I'm not cooking and I won't have a clue what's in most of the food. I'll track for the purpose of knowing what I consumed, and I'll pay attention to portion size....but I'm not going to stress out too much.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    No. Cheat day on Christmas and back to the grind the next day!
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I plan on sticking with this through the Holiday season. My gym is open on Thanksgiving, so I plan on doing a hard workout before going to the Thanksgiving festivities.

Likely no workout @ the gym on Christmas, but I will watch what I eat pretty closely (we have less food on Christmas than Thanksgiving).
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    yes ans no- I'm trying to keep as close to my calorie limit as possible- bc I'm trying to learn how to maintain the lifestyle not just the "diet". I personally cant afford to give myself any vacations from this, bc it takes me so long to get myself back on track. I will survuve this one day- and not ruin the whole week as a result of the calories.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'll still log everything, but I'm not going to limit myself - if I want a cake I'll have a piece, but half of what I would normally have.

Will try and fit in some extra walking to compensate if the gym is closed.
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    No break; too dangerous! On Thanksgiving day itself and Christmas day (just those 2 days) I won't be logging what I'm eating but I will be watching portions very carefully.