Starting 30 Day Shred 11/14/11

Options

Replies

• ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Did L2D2 today. I seem to be able to keep up pretty well until I get to the plank moves toward the end. I feel a little achy here and there but no real sore muscles, so I wonder if I'm not pushing myself enough?

Next time I'm going to try to do at least half of the moves in each set the hard way before modifying them. Hopefully I'll improve a little each day and be able to do them all by day 10.

We can do this!
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Ugh so fustrated....weighed myself this morning....up 2 pounds....what?!???? So not happy about this. Trying not to let it get to me but I bust my butt...I typically eat about 1600 calories with 400 of those calories are what Ive earned working out. I do the shred plus I walk for 30-60 minutes almost everyday...The only thing I can think is my water intake hasnt been as good lately.

I was upset a couple of days ago because I didn't lose as much as I thought I should have, and I got some encouragement to continue and it helped so much!

It's hard to not let it get to you, but just remember that you're getting stronger and more healthy, even though the scale doesn't show it. From what I read, it's pretty typical to put on a couple of pounds and it'll come back down.

Keep at it and you'll see great results in your body, and that's more important than the dumb scale anyway!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Ugh so fustrated....weighed myself this morning....up 2 pounds....what?!???? So not happy about this. Trying not to let it get to me but I bust my butt...I typically eat about 1600 calories with 400 of those calories are what Ive earned working out. I do the shred plus I walk for 30-60 minutes almost everyday...The only thing I can think is my water intake hasnt been as good lately.

I was upset a couple of days ago because I didn't lose as much as I thought I should have, and I got some encouragement to continue and it helped so much!

It's hard to not let it get to you, but just remember that you're getting stronger and more healthy, even though the scale doesn't show it. From what I read, it's pretty typical to put on a couple of pounds and it'll come back down.

Keep at it and you'll see great results in your body, and that's more important than the dumb scale anyway!!
    \

When I was first starting out and only worrying about calories (not exercise) I lost consistently, but once I started doing more intense workouts that's when the scale started fluctuating up and down. It's annoying but don't let it get you down. If that scale shoots up and you KNOW you've been following your calorie goals correctly (and YES eating your exercise calories!) you KNOW it's not 'real weight' i.e. fat. It has to be water weight etc from your muscles trying to recover from all this new intensity or even if you've gone high on your sodium lately. Don't get discouraged. I know it's hard, I'm right there with you and I want to see the scale go down, not up. But this is one of those annoying little things that we have to deal with if we want to be in better shape at the end of this journey rather than 'just skinny'. Keep at it. I consider a jump up on the scale to be a success meaning I REALLY worked it in my workout the day before! Okay not really. It freaks me out. But every time it freaks me out, I just keep telling myself, I am doing this right, I am following the plan, I am doing what I'm supposed to do, I just have to give the scale time to catch up with all my hard work. :-)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Day 1 of level 2, done! Holy moly that was hard! But my abs are definitely going to thank me later.
  • pinktink88
    Options
    L1D9 done this morning, fall asleep last night after work lol
    gonna do L1D10 tonight xx
    weigh in tomorrow morning....eek
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Finished level2 day 3 last night with a head cold. Ugh. The workout went better than I thought. I am starting to like the second level. Will see how I feel tonight and decide on if i'll workout.

I wore a pair a jeans yesterday that have been snug in the past and they fit great. So hopefully the rest of the clothes I don't wear currently I will be able to soon. :)

Have you all noticed any changes?
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Finished level2 day 3 last night with a head cold. Ugh. The workout went better than I thought. I am starting to like the second level. Will see how I feel tonight and decide on if i'll workout.

I wore a pair a jeans yesterday that have been snug in the past and they fit great. So hopefully the rest of the clothes I don't wear currently I will be able to soon. :)

Have you all noticed any changes?

Yay for you for sticking with it even though you're not feeling well and double yay for clothes that fit better :bigsmile:

I've done 2 days of level 2 (I take 2 days a week off so I can run), and l have this huge knot in the middle of my back. I'm sure it's from trying to do all those dang planks! I'll be back to shreding for the next 4 days and then it's measurement time. I haven't really noticed much change, but I'll let you know on Monday.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • pinktink88
    Options
    just done L1D10
    level 2 tomorrow. 20 more days to go, just in time for xmas
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    L2D4 done. I really like L2, but the planks do make me angry after awhile, lol! Going to do measurements and weight tomorrow. Don't think I have lost anything in weight, but I dont care - I feel great and am definitely looking better.
  • natalie412
    Options
    Stats not too good:
    Weight 158 (no loss)
    Bust 38.5
    Under Bust 32.5
    Waist 31.5 (lost 0.25)
    Belly 37
    Hips 41.5 (lost 0.25)
    Thigh 24.5
    Bicep 11

I only had my waist and hip measurements before though. I think I have lost more from my belly and back and thighs. Now I've taken all of them, hopefully I will see more of a difference next time. I feel great though, and can tell a real difference in my clothes, etc.
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Did L2D3 today, and I actually feel like I'm doing better. I did most everthing unmodified (my moves are usually about halfway between Anita and Natalie) but I did have to rest a couple of times during the planks at the end. Also, my heart rate was higher this time then it has been, so I must be working harder too. Maybe this level isn't so horrible after all!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Did level 2 day 2 yesterday - twice. Took a break in between round 1 and round 2. Several things are VERY difficult for me, it is definitely no joke being up a level. LOL A couple of things really get to my knees and get modified, but I persist. Will try to do L2D3 today, also twice. Mostly b/c I feel a lot more results from these workouts than I do the treadmill, and I want those extra calories for snacks. :-)
  • _LoseHere
    Options
    Do you want to lose weight quickly: http://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Stats not too good:
    Weight 158 (no loss)
    Bust 38.5
    Under Bust 32.5
    Waist 31.5 (lost 0.25)
    Belly 37
    Hips 41.5 (lost 0.25)
    Thigh 24.5
    Bicep 11

I only had my waist and hip measurements before though. I think I have lost more from my belly and back and thighs. Now I've taken all of them, hopefully I will see more of a difference next time. I feel great though, and can tell a real difference in my clothes, etc.

Good job! It's hard to have "proof" of progress without all your measurements, but as long as you are feeliing good and your clothes are fitting better, that's all the proof you need!
  • _LoseHere
    Options
    This will help you to lose weight http://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
    Take a look at my result

me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • ncytiz
    Options
    L2D4 completed. I still have to rest on the planks because my shoulders are just killing me by the end. That must mean it's working, right? lol

Have a great day everyone!
  • pinktink88
    Options
    toke yesterday off so L2D1 today. didn't lose any weight but feel better in my self.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    so if i were to get this 30ds and start it, would i keep my normal exercise routine of 45 min of cardio 5 days a week? or does this replace that for the 30 days? I am 5.2 1/2 and 138 currently ( was 140), i want to lose at least 10 lbs but would love to lose 15-20 but i'm not pushing that,lol. i have been doing cardio since Oct 22 5 days a week and have lost 2 lbs, that it. i don't know if that was from the cardio or starting on here 10 days ago logging my calories. I am stuck and need a change i think to keep me motivated.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Level 2 day 4, done. Getting better at some things but still can't do certain moves all the way throug without taking break. But definitely improving.
    so if i were to get this 30ds and start it, would i keep my normal exercise routine of 45 min of cardio 5 days a week? or does this replace that for the 30 days? I am 5.2 1/2 and 138 currently ( was 140), i want to lose at least 10 lbs but would love to lose 15-20 but i'm not pushing that,lol. i have been doing cardio since Oct 22 5 days a week and have lost 2 lbs, that it. i don't know if that was from the cardio or starting on here 10 days ago logging my calories. I am stuck and need a change i think to keep me motivated.

Some people do JUST the 30 day shred workout and others add other exercise in on top of it. And some people alternate so that they do the Shred one day, regular workout routine the next day, etc. I think it's just personal preference. When I first started, I was also getting on the treadmill for around 45 minutes to earn extra exercise calories. But then I started doing the Shred twice in a row, so normally I don't do anything else on top of it b/c I am WORN OUT by the time I'm done. LOL. There is cardio worked into the 30 day shred workout, but it's not constant, is at intervals between strength and abs. If all you've been doing so far is cardio, you will definitely see some changes by adding the 30 day shred workout. It works muscles that just plain cardio just does not reach. Sometimes people find that their weightloss stalls a but while doing the Shred but they also notice clothes fitting looser and seeing muscles that they couldn't see before. So even if the scale doesn't change much during the program, the still see results that make it worthwhile. Make sure you take your various measurements before you start the program so you can see results that may not show so much on the scale. :-)
  • natalie412
    Options
    Did L2D5 last night, and then L2D6 this morning. Doing more of the advanced moves each time. Don't your shoulders just kill in the last V chair squats?! Normally I would take off tomorrow, but I missed Tuesday this week, so I might try to do it. I am already thinking about what I want to do next. Do 30DS again, or maybe ripped in 30? Anyone else thinking about this? I love, love, love the intense 20 minute workout concept. Go hard and get it over with!