Starting 30 Day Shred 11/14/11

Options

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    what would be the difference in the 30ds and the ripped in 30? I was looking online at some of her products but they don't explain what each is about.
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Stats not too good:
    Weight 158 (no loss)
    Bust 38.5
    Under Bust 32.5
    Waist 31.5 (lost 0.25)
    Belly 37
    Hips 41.5 (lost 0.25)
    Thigh 24.5
    Bicep 11

I only had my waist and hip measurements before though. I think I have lost more from my belly and back and thighs. Now I've taken all of them, hopefully I will see more of a difference next time. I feel great though, and can tell a real difference in my clothes, etc.

That's great! Every little bit counts. The first thing i noticed was my clothes fitting better.

Keep up the great work!
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Did L2D5 last night, and then L2D6 this morning. Doing more of the advanced moves each time. Don't your shoulders just kill in the last V chair squats?! Normally I would take off tomorrow, but I missed Tuesday this week, so I might try to do it. I am already thinking about what I want to do next. Do 30DS again, or maybe ripped in 30? Anyone else thinking about this? I love, love, love the intense 20 minute workout concept. Go hard and get it over with!

I have been thinking about this as well. I think i will try the Ripped in 30 next. I hear its good and just as hard as 30DS.
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    My new weight and measurements on week 3 of 30DS. I am definitely seeing more changes in my measurements. I am on Level 2 Day 6 so far and last night was the first time i felt I attacked it and was able to push through every move without stopping. The second circuit cardio is still tough for me.

Height-5'2"
    SW 138
    CW-132.6
    GW- 118
    Bust- 36" - now 35.75" (finally) :)
    Waist- 34" - now 31"
    Hips- 39" - now 37"
    Thighs-24"- now 22.5"

Shred on! :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 5, done. Thinking I might do half-way measurements tomorrow morning....
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    L2D7 done! Woohoo. Spent an hour or so doing geometry proofs with my 16 year old daughter, and now off to the rec center to go swimming with my 3 1/2 year old son. I'm gonna get whiplash!

BTW I lost 2 pounds in the last two days - but I refuse to weigh in officially until Friday - might not stick! Feeling great though. So close to the upper limit of my "normal" weight range finally.
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My new weight and measurements on week 3 of 30DS. I am definitely seeing more changes in my measurements. I am on Level 2 Day 6 so far and last night was the first time i felt I attacked it and was able to push through every move without stopping. The second circuit cardio is still tough for me.

Height-5'2"
    SW 138
    CW-132.6
    GW- 118
    Bust- 36" - now 35.75" (finally) :)
    Waist- 34" - now 31"
    Hips- 39" - now 37"
    Thighs-24"- now 22.5"

Shred on! :)

Those are great results! Congrats!!

I finished L2D5 today, so tomorrow morning I'm gonna measure and weigh in. I'd be thrilled to have results like yours!
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Completed L2D6 today.

My results at the halfway point (3 week time period):

Weight: -4.2lbs
    Measurements: 6.5 inches overall (11 areas measured). I lost an inch in bust, waist and hips and 1.25 inches in my lower abdomen (Yay! That's a big problem area for me). Strangely enough, my arms stayed the same, which is hard to believe after all those push ups and planks. I'm pleased with my progress and if I have the same results on the 2nd half, I'll really be excited.

On a side note, My 27 year old daughter who's been an athlete all her life except the past year while she's been in nursing school tried out the shred for fun the other night. It kicked her butt too, and she was shocked that I could actually do this stuff. LOL!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Took my half-way measurements today (finished Level 2 day 5 yesterday) - here's a 'then and now' comparison:

right lower thigh - 15.25" (now 14.75 -; lost 0.5")
    right upper thigh - 23.5" (now 22.5" - lost 1")
    butt/hips - 40.5" (now 39.5" - lost 1")
    navel - 36" (now 34" - lost 2")
    natural waist - 30" (now 29" - lost 1")
    under bust - 28.5" (now 28" - lost 0.5")
    over bust (wearing tight fitting sports bra) - 34" (36" - but I was wearing a different bra so probably actually no change)
    right upper arm - 11" (10.5" - lost 0.5")

weight - 139.6 lbs (137.8 lbs - lost 1.8 lbs)
    5'4"

I am very pleased with the results so far - I wasn't expecting a huge weightloss b/c I'm at a point where I'm only trying for 1/2 lb per week, so this is about right. Really happy to see some inches coming off though. :-)
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Completed L2D6 today.

My results at the halfway point (3 week time period):

Weight: -4.2lbs
    Measurements: 6.5 inches overall (11 areas measured). I lost an inch in bust, waist and hips and 1.25 inches in my lower abdomen (Yay! That's a big problem area for me). Strangely enough, my arms stayed the same, which is hard to believe after all those push ups and planks. I'm pleased with my progress and if I have the same results on the 2nd half, I'll really be excited.

On a side note, My 27 year old daughter who's been an athlete all her life except the past year while she's been in nursing school tried out the shred for fun the other night. It kicked her butt too, and she was shocked that I could actually do this stuff. LOL!

Those are great results! I am hoping for the same as you with the second half. What level and day are you ? I want to lose more in my bust and upper abs. I have tried to get my boyfriend to workout with me because i think he would be amazed that is it harder than it looks. Keep up the good work!!
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Took my half-way measurements today (finished Level 2 day 5 yesterday) - here's a 'then and now' comparison:

right lower thigh - 15.25" (now 14.75 -; lost 0.5")
    right upper thigh - 23.5" (now 22.5" - lost 1")
    butt/hips - 40.5" (now 39.5" - lost 1")
    navel - 36" (now 34" - lost 2")
    natural waist - 30" (now 29" - lost 1")
    under bust - 28.5" (now 28" - lost 0.5")
    over bust (wearing tight fitting sports bra) - 34" (36" - but I was wearing a different bra so probably actually no change)
    right upper arm - 11" (10.5" - lost 0.5")

weight - 139.6 lbs (137.8 lbs - lost 1.8 lbs)

Great results! The inches really add up and we are only half way through. Thinking of doing the Shredded in 30 days next.
    5'4"

I am very pleased with the results so far - I wasn't expecting a huge weightloss b/c I'm at a point where I'm only trying for 1/2 lb per week, so this is about right. Really happy to see some inches coming off though. :-)
  • pinktink88
    Options
    L2D2 DONE
    L2D3 DONE

Ive done my leg in, think Ive sprained it, so i haven't been able to do the move properly :(
  • natalie412
    Options
    Did L2D8 today. Can't believe I'm only 2 days from Level 3!
  • natalie412
    Options
    what would be the difference in the 30ds and the ripped in 30? I was looking online at some of her products but they don't explain what each is about.

I saw this review on Amazon, which cleared it up for me. I promptly ordered it and plan on starting it as soon as I am done with 30DS.

I absolutely love-love-LOVE this workout! It seems to me that Jillian took a lot of feedback she received in regards to her other workouts, specifically 30 Day Shred, and used the praise/criticism to create this incredibly effective workout. There are several changes she made that I really liked:

1) The workouts are *slightly* longer than 30 Day Shred, I think because the warm-up and stretching parts are a little longer and more involved.
    2) LOTS of new moves are incorporated here! You'll see some familiar exercises, such as side lunges and lunges w/ bicep curls, but Jillian did try to throw in some new stuff that is still very effective. She also claims that she doesn't repeat ANY moves in any of the other levels. I've only gotten through level 1 so far, but I'll take her word for that.
    3) In the strength circuits, there are 3 different moves per circuit as opposed to just 2. I personally appreciated this because it allows for more variation, plus in the past I have had trouble doing 1 strength move for a full minute and now you do each strength move for 30 seconds. Very nice!
    4) I felt like towards the end of circuit 3, things began to cool down a bit - for example, Jillian finishes the final abs circuit with crunches and reverse crunches, which aren't the most difficult ab moves. In her previous videos she pushes you hard throughout the end, which some people may prefer, but for people like me who have been craving a bit of a cool-down without sacrificing extra time, this is beneficial.
    5) I like Jillian's assistants in this video. Some of you might be familiar with Basheera, who I originally liked a lot in 6 Week 6-Pack. Basheera is Jillian's advanced assistant once again, and I could tell even in level 1 she was getting winded and very tired. Fortunately she did not CHEAT, like Jillian's other advanced assistant in 30-Day Shred.
    7) Jillian takes a lot of time and care in instructing form, which is crucial. In the strength circuits, some of the moves are conducted more slowly, but this is not to make it easier - it is to help you concentrate on form! The slower pace gave me more time to sink down lower and really concentrate on what I was doing. I felt in some of Jillian's other workouts, they would fly through some of the strength moves and I would be struggling to keep up and would instead exercise with poor form. This is NOT the case with this newest video!
    6) The music is much, much better!

Ripped in 30 is by far my favorite Jillian Michaels workout video. I will continue to do it every other day and will throw 6W6P and the Shred in the mix as well. This is a very tough workout but it is enjoyable and goes by quickly. Totally recommend to ANYONE, whether you are beginner, intermediate, advanced, young or old, looking to lose weight or looking to stay in shape. You will NOT regret it!

*PS* - I have now lost 30+ lbs. using various Jillian Michaels workouts, 6 of those being lost after I started Ripped in 30, which I got just over a week ago! I am also much stronger, much more flexible, and no longer have pain from a wrist injury I sustained a couple of years ago. Really, if I can achieve all that, I'm sure anyone else out there can.
  • Music35Fly
    Options

I saw this review on Amazon, which cleared it up for me. I promptly ordered it and plan on starting it as soon as I am done with 30DS.

I absolutely love-love-LOVE this workout! It seems to me that Jillian took a lot of feedback she received in regards to her other workouts, specifically 30 Day Shred, and used the praise/criticism to create this incredibly effective workout. There are several changes she made that I really liked:

1) The workouts are *slightly* longer than 30 Day Shred, I think because the warm-up and stretching parts are a little longer and more involved.
    2) LOTS of new moves are incorporated here! You'll see some familiar exercises, such as side lunges and lunges w/ bicep curls, but Jillian did try to throw in some new stuff that is still very effective. She also claims that she doesn't repeat ANY moves in any of the other levels. I've only gotten through level 1 so far, but I'll take her word for that.
    3) In the strength circuits, there are 3 different moves per circuit as opposed to just 2. I personally appreciated this because it allows for more variation, plus in the past I have had trouble doing 1 strength move for a full minute and now you do each strength move for 30 seconds. Very nice!
    4) I felt like towards the end of circuit 3, things began to cool down a bit - for example, Jillian finishes the final abs circuit with crunches and reverse crunches, which aren't the most difficult ab moves. In her previous videos she pushes you hard throughout the end, which some people may prefer, but for people like me who have been craving a bit of a cool-down without sacrificing extra time, this is beneficial.
    5) I like Jillian's assistants in this video. Some of you might be familiar with Basheera, who I originally liked a lot in 6 Week 6-Pack. Basheera is Jillian's advanced assistant once again, and I could tell even in level 1 she was getting winded and very tired. Fortunately she did not CHEAT, like Jillian's other advanced assistant in 30-Day Shred.
    7) Jillian takes a lot of time and care in instructing form, which is crucial. In the strength circuits, some of the moves are conducted more slowly, but this is not to make it easier - it is to help you concentrate on form! The slower pace gave me more time to sink down lower and really concentrate on what I was doing. I felt in some of Jillian's other workouts, they would fly through some of the strength moves and I would be struggling to keep up and would instead exercise with poor form. This is NOT the case with this newest video!
    6) The music is much, much better!

Ripped in 30 is by far my favorite Jillian Michaels workout video. I will continue to do it every other day and will throw 6W6P and the Shred in the mix as well. This is a very tough workout but it is enjoyable and goes by quickly. Totally recommend to ANYONE, whether you are beginner, intermediate, advanced, young or old, looking to lose weight or looking to stay in shape. You will NOT regret it!

*PS* - I have now lost 30+ lbs. using various Jillian Michaels workouts, 6 of those being lost after I started Ripped in 30, which I got just over a week ago! I am also much stronger, much more flexible, and no longer have pain from a wrist injury I sustained a couple of years ago. Really, if I can achieve all that, I'm sure anyone else out there can.

Really want to try the Ripped in 30 video next. Thank you for the post above. Great info!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    with ripped in 30, what is the difference with that one to 30ds?
  • natalie412
    Options
    Did L2D9 today. Not sure if I will really be ready to move on to L3, but I am ready for a change...
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Level 2 day 7, done.
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Level 2 day 7 done! Feel good. I think it will be nice to change it up in level 3.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Okay so I just went to the fat2fit site and put in my measurements from the start of the 30 day shred and my halfway point measurements. At the beginning the calculations put me at 24.3% bodyfat with 106 lbs lean mass and 34 lbs of fat. My halfway point measurements put me at 22.5% bodyfat with 107 lbs lean mass and 31 lbs fat. So I've gained around 1 lb of muscle and lost around 3 lbs of fat. How awesome! I really hope that calculator is fairly accurate b/c those numbers make me really happy. :-) Can't wait to get my full 30 day results and plug in my new numbers!

If anyone wants to try out the body fat calculator, here's the link:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/cbbf/