I don't understand! 1200 calories a day and gaining weight!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Carolyn_T
    Options
    I would just like to say, thanks so much to everyone for contributing to this!
    I have definitely taken it on board - I have upped my calorie consumption... OK so I have eaten some junk food but getting rid of stuff lying around so I am not tempted in future.
    Although it is strawberry flavoured - I have had 2 litres of water per day, upped my fruit and veg and have been to the gym twice in 2 days.
    Lets see if it works!
    Thanks peeps x
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    But what everyone wants to know is are you going to eat bananas?
  • Carolyn_T
    Options
    Haha... today I did eat a banana - we shall see what happens! x
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Haha... today I did eat a banana - we shall see what happens! x

You're doomed. :wink:
  • Carolyn_T
    Options
    Hahaha thanks! x
  • Carolyn_T
    Options
    OK... So I have totally taken on board what you guys have said - I have logged everything I have eaten and exercised, rather than not doing.
    I have reduced my carb intake - and altho theres some junk food in there (mates birthday party so we had take away) I have made a massive difference to my day to day in take!
    I have also drank 2 litres of water a day!
    Check out my diary if you like - see how much of a difference I have made from my average - 2 slices of toast, cheese sandwich, chicken and veg!

Woop woop - we shall see what happens now - but I am offically out of starvation mode which I have been in since probably April and got nowhere!

Thanks lovelies x
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    OK... So I have totally taken on board what you guys have said - I have logged everything I have eaten and exercised, rather than not doing.
    I have reduced my carb intake - and altho theres some junk food in there (mates birthday party so we had take away) I have made a massive difference to my day to day in take!
    I have also drank 2 litres of water a day!
    Check out my diary if you like - see how much of a difference I have made from my average - 2 slices of toast, cheese sandwich, chicken and veg!

Woop woop - we shall see what happens now - but I am offically out of starvation mode which I have been in since probably April and got nowhere!

Thanks lovelies x
    Looks like you're making some better choices, over time you will find you probably will tidy up your eating even more, as you realize things to swap out for a better option. :drinker:
  • anrose
    anrose Posts: 11
    Options
    I recently went through the exact same thing. For the past few months, I was eating 1200 cal per day and exercising regularly but found I would still gain weight. I recently cut out all artificial sweeteners--I was having a lot of crystal light, and splenda in coffee and other things, sugar-free jello, diet sodas, etc. Once I cut those out, within a few days my body starting going back to its normal size. I highly recommend this if you are having any artificial sweeteners.