Men Are Husbands, Not "Hubbys"

Options

Replies

• mistylovesmusic
    Options
    Never thought of it that way, never meant it that way, but do understand! I dislike "sissy" for sister. I will pay closer attention to my use of husband! Thank you!

I to despise when people call their children sissy or bubby. 10 people in a room and half are bubby or sissy! I'm from KY and my entire family does it! I call my husband hubby but mostly when I'm in a forum or something and rarely if never to people we know. I don't feel it's disrespectful to him at all. There are far worse things to call anyone. Sometimes you have to keep your relationship young and playful. =)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    seriously just can't believe that this topic is still active, more than 6 months later. who cares?

...yet you posted on it? lol...

alrightythen.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I'm with you! Its annoying! I llike wiffle though for wife!! It makes me chuckle!! Whats more annoying than Hubby is Hubs!!

^^THIS. Hubs is not cool. Hubbles on the other hand..... HAAH!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i think hubby and wifey are cute. much better than DH/DW.

no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying, but it just comes down to that's the lingo for the younger folk. Usually its women in their mid-20s saying it.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i only type "hubby" i hardly ever refer to him as that...its kind of like texting in shortened words... not all people who use the term use it as a condensending term...
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Well my hubby(kevin) not that you would have known who he is... as if i just said kevin who couldda been anyone i was talking about! so anyways my HUBBY says it's fine to call him hubby! and kevin is his name! not to confuse that with any other kevins out there or hubby for that matter! lol :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • jesn311
    jesn311 Posts: 43
    Options
    I only ever viewed it (and heard it) as a term of endearment when i was married or when I've heard my female friends refer to their spouse. It's just a word. There are worse things that a person can be called. I don't see the big deal.

I agree..it's not a big deal. I enjoy being married, my husband is called babe, hubs, hubby, hubster, hot stuff...he doesn't care. He knows I love him. He calls me wifey...which I don't mind. To each their own...there are worse things out there to be called...
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Meh I say it. I say hubs too.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I refer to my husband either just by his name, or when talking with friends or well really anywhere, I refer to him as my hubby. He doesn't seem to have a problem with it... he calls me his wifey sometimes but general we just refer to each other by our names.

Different strokes for different folks though... what may tick me off as a personal pet peeve may be natural to someone else... you just get to decide how to handle yourself.
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I detest the word HUBBY * skin crawling*
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Why do you even care.. :yawn:

On a latter note, I hate the word "wifey".. they made it a song and I hated it more!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of it, even husband. I guess that's why I'm not one. I hate the ownership thing, "this is MY husband". Whateves. And, I hate when people always ask, "Where's X?", meaning the other person that you live/sleep/hang out with a lot. I often just say, "yeah, well, here I am" and don't answer that question. I HATE it. They don't ask like, 'where is she I'd like to see her", they say it like, 'you two are a couple, why aren't you together?" or something. Argh. I hate that. I'm me, she's she. Sometimes we're together, sometimes we're not. No big deal.

OK, that's my rant for the day. Done.
  • Dorkaleena
    Dorkaleena Posts: 59
    Options
    When speaking of my husband in forums I usually call him TheHusband. I don't use his name because no one on the forum KNOWS him.

When speaking TO him I often call him Husband. As in, "HUSBAND! NOT IN FRONT OF THE CHILD!" or "OMG HUSBAND! REALLY? SERIOUSLY?" It's done in a joking manner and it cracks him up every time.

If I'm being silly and affectionate I also call him "Hunny K. Bunny"... but that's a totally different story.... *Shifty eyes*
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    LOL this is kinda funny cause me and my husband say "hubby" and "wifey" all the time LOL doesn't bother either one of us or he calls me "woman" lmfao....so i respond with "man" but then again we like to play around and have fun...we try not to take everything so seriously
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I never call my spouse "hubby". He is and always will be my Love Slave...
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I always call my spouse my husband in public. However, I do abbreviate it to hubby all the time on this site and on Facebook. He knows I do it and he doesn't care. I would never refer to him as "hubby" outside of the internet. He calls me his "pain in the *kitten*" at home all the time and it doesn't bother me, mostly cause it's true :laugh:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    personally, as I don't care what other people call their SO.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    It's almost as bad as "preggo".

But since I've never been married or pregnant.... I'll shut up now.

lol! I hate "preggo" and "preggers"
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I refer mine as "husband" to others but he is whatever the heck I want to call him at home :bigsmile: