THE Team - Week 1 - 2/6/09

Options
welcome.gif

It was suggested and seconded that “T H E” stands for “Trying Hard Everyday”

We are here for anyone to post or suggest ideas or “throw down” challenges – whatever you want to do. Some of us are posting our weight losses, or measuring and posting our inches lost, or posting our exercise or food ideas, but we all share a desire to be available for each other to talk and exchange ideas. Through good and bad times, it is nice to have somewhere safe to go to....type....... instead of eat. typing.gif

If you come up with a good idea, post it and then, “Make it so.” Figure out a way to make it happen!

I will start a new thread each week on Friday. FRIDAY! In the “Motivation and Support” tab/category
I will name it “THE Team - Week 1 - 2/6/09 ” (then THE Team - Week 2 - etc...)

This is for the upcoming week, it is the end of our first full week and therefore the first opportunity for losses since we joined together.

So go peeps!! chicken.gif

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    welcome.gif
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    To >>>>>>>>>>>drum roll<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    “THE Team”
    (formerly known as “January-ers”)

It was suggested and seconded that “T H E” stands for “Trying Hard Everyday”
    We began a thread looking for friends to join our group: and to date we have 25 names on the list. New team members always welcome!

We are here for anyone to post or suggest ideas or “throw down” challenges – whatever you want to do. Some of us are posting our weight losses, or measuring and posting our inches lost, or posting our exercise or food ideas, but we all share a desire to be available for each other to talk and exchange ideas. Through good and bad times, it is nice to have somewhere safe to go to....type....... instead of eat. typing.gif

If you come up with a good idea, post it and then, “Make it so.” Figure out a way to make it happen!

I will start a new thread each week on Friday. FRIDAY! In the “Motivation and Support” tab/category
    I will name it “THE Team - Week 1 - 2/6/09 ” (then THE Team - Week 2 - etc...)

This is for the upcoming week, it is the end of our first full week and therefore the first opportunity for losses since we joined together.

So go peeps!! chicken.gif
  • Mette
    Mette Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi all,

this week has been good for me. I have lost 2 pounds, but even better I found an old pair of pants which I can now button. :laugh:
    Start weight : 262
    current : 248,5

My goal for next week is to eat well and get 3 workouts in. And lose 2 pounds. :smile:
    Baby steps - baaabbyyy steps.:bigsmile:

Go T.H.E. team :wink:
    Hope everybody has a nice weekend.

Wanning
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    This week has not been kind to me... I found wanning's 2 pounds. I think I'm swelled so I'm going to *try* again tomorrow. Anyway, next week will be a better week. I just have to buckle down and eat within my calories AND healthy.

Off to work.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    -1.2 for me. I'll take it. I'm very happy as I had a not so great weekend eating.

CMR-thanks for all your hard work on the thread=)
    I like it. Try Hard Everyday.

Wanni ng- awesome job! Also great non-scale victory. I love those.

Kelleighanne- I hope you can shed those creepers next week.
  • mandersen16
    Options
    -1.2 for me. I'll take it. I'm very happy as I had a not so great weekend eating.

CMR-thanks for all your hard work on the thread=)
    I like it. Try Hard Everyday.

Wanni ng- awesome job! Also great non-scale victory. I love those.

Kelleighanne- I hope you can shed those creepers next week.

Wanning and Prayerful mom, High Fives for you!! :drinker:

Kelleighanne-I'm with you. I gained 1/2 a pound this week. I feel like I am bloated though :blushing: Hopefully it's just that because besides super bowl Sunday, I did eat pretty good (I guess I was bad Friday night too :devil: ) And I guess I really could've worked out harder.

Oh here's to a better next week Kelleighanne!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! 2.5 for me (it shows up as 3 on my ticker. It's kind of bugging me because I feel like that's cheating. Oh, wait, there's that thing about being a perfectionist causing problems again!). Go THE Team!

manderson and kelleighanne, Technically we are starting week one, ha ha. So, start over today!

Wanning and Prayerful mom, yay!

and CMR, thanks for stepping up to be our fearless leader!
  • Mette
    Mette Posts: 29
    Options
    This week has not been kind to me... I found wanning's 2 pounds. I think I'm swelled so I'm going to *try* again tomorrow. Anyway, next week will be a better week. I just have to buckle down and eat within my calories AND healthy.

Off to work.

And you can keep them - I don't want them back. lol :laugh: !

I hope this week will be better for you.
    Wanning
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! 2.5 for me (it shows up as 3 on my ticker. It's kind of bugging me because I feel like that's cheating. Oh, wait, there's that thing about being a perfectionist causing problems again!). Go THE Team!

manderson and kelleighanne, Technically we are starting week one, ha ha. So, start over today!

Wanning and Prayerful mom, yay!

and CMR, thanks for stepping up to be our fearless leader!
    [/quot
    CMR- You rock, this has been a good week and you have done a great job as our leader.

manderson and kelleighanne - its all about baby steps and moving forward, your struggles inspire me.
    Fit - way to go!
    Woo hoo too! -3 this week....zano
    132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Way to go, zano!!!!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Way to go, zano!!!!

Way to go GET FIT!!! :flowerforyou:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Thanks! :smile:

Ok, now I am all pumped up to workout more. I have my killer class this morning (Circuit training with the cute, tiny, evil teacher :devil: ) and then tomorrow I am doing 2 classes - 1 spinning and 1 weight lifting. That way, I can have a piece of cake for my son's 16th birthday! His birthday is today, but we're having his buddies over tomorrow. I plan to make Sunday my rest day.

Has anyone else noticed a change in energy level? I have been trying to eat really healthy and my energy is WAY up. And, um, I'm kind of chatty so I think I might be getting on my coworkers' nerves. :laugh:

Everyone have a fantastic Friday!
  • agapita1965
    Options
    I lost 1 pound this week. I was hoping for more. But I will take 1 less pound.

Start weight (Dec. 18) 235
    January 1 : 230 (-5)
    February 1: 225 (-5)
    February 6: 224 (-1)

I am shooting for 2 pounds a week, maybe next week.:wink:
  • get_fit2009
    Options

Don't be disappointed! You've been steadily losing, so a pound is great!!!
  • agapita1965
    Options

Don't be disappointed! You've been steadily losing, so a pound is great!!!
  • agapita1965
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, I was moping but am ready to work out!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Someone did an awesome post on "The weight loss process). I was pretty disappointed to see I had gained this week but that post did a great job of explaining what was going on. I am so motivated right now to kick my own @ss!!! Need to get over this depressing feeling!

On a happier note, I heard a song on the radio this morning that I hadn't heard in a long time and got me in a better mood :happy:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, I was moping but am ready to work out!

You go! :drinker: :flowerforyou: After you workout, any mopiness (is that a word?) will be sweated away!
  • markay_
    markay_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey ALL!

My name is Markay. I was browsing through the posts and came across this one. I have been searching for a weight loss team forever! I would love to be a newbie to THE Team. So below I put a little bit of my weight info. I'm glad I haven't missed too much yet.

Starting Weight: 410 lbs
    Current Weight: 375 lbs
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Welcome to THE Team! :flowerforyou:
  • markay_
    markay_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I cannot wait to see how much support I will gain from this group, and how much weight I will LOSE.