THE Team - Week 1 - 2/6/09

Options

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Ok, I feel motivated today from looking through, of all things, a Mens' Health magazine. They had a lot of ads for weights and machines and such, so I feel back in control today. Yay! Losinit, how ya doing today? CMR, most of the reason I am not logging is I was eating so mindlessly I can't even remember a bunch of what I ate:grumble: , I guess I could guesstimate. Zano, hope you have a good exercise day today.

Ok, time to do some laundry and get the trash out for the garbage man. (Such a glamorous life I lead!) Have a great day, all! :flowerforyou:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning... There is so much support here, I love it and I need it... Everyone is so helpful.. Thanks so much.. I am up and already done exercising.. I fell great.. Lets hope this feeling keeps up for the entire day....:laugh:

I hope everyone has a great day...

Talk to you all later when I have a min to read all the posts......

Anita
  • chantybear
    Options
    Morning Ladies, I have a awesome day planned! I get my wisdom teeth removed:grumble: ....hope everyone's day is 10000x better than mine!:tongue:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Morning Ladies, I have a awesome day planned! I get my wisdom teeth removed:grumble: ....hope everyone's day is 10000x better than mine!:tongue:

Oh, be sure to use the ice packs. They will keep the swelling down and I thought they worked even better than the painkillers they gave me. My son had his out last summer, and it went smoothly. I hope your does too! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I slept pretty good last night. Woke up this morning to my daughter telling me they had a 2 hour late start cuz its snowing. Ughhhhhh.. not again! My back is pretty dang tender but isnt showing a bruise, just a couple little red spots. I took some motrin and gonna go grab the ice pack. I can move fine, its just pretty stiff and sore in a couple spots. I'll see what it feels like after the motrin, coffee and ice pack.:ohwell: I also have a lovely tender spot on my right butt cheek. It only hurts if I touch it a little but its pretty funny cuz it right where my tattoo is..:laugh: At least I can still WALK without any pain. I AM going to the gym today... just to slow walk on the treadmill for a bit. I think it will help with keeping me from stiffening up even more. There will be NO Wogging, weights or elliptical for me today!! :sad:

Chanty- Oh now THAT sounds fun!!!! I had mine removed when I was 17 and they had to knock me out to get them out. Be sure to have cold soft soft foods on hand for afterwards. Lots of jello and some ice packs. I dont envy you at all today! I'll take a stiff back day over having teeth pulled ANYTIME!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I'm still home with my kiddo. I feel for the child but my day 4 of no exercise is making me worried!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

My weekend was brutal. Hardly any exercise and I feel terrible. Also, todday my kiddo is home and sick. I don't know what I can do to stay active. I'm going to try and clean the house and maybe half hour on the treadmill. This week looks tough!

Istanbul. DVD workouts. Istanbul. Calisthenics. Istanbul. Lunges and squats. Istanbul. Jumping jacks. Istanbul. Join the 100 pushup challenge here. Istanbul. If you have steps, climb them for twenty minutes.

Istanbul. No excuses.:flowerforyou:

Mangoaddict. No more excuses. cheerleader.gif
  • lacijae
    Options
    Hi everybody! Looks like I'm the newbie this time :glasses: I just started a new diet program and I hope along with it, this website, and this support group I'll be able to lose the 53+ lbs I need to lose! As of right now:

Starting weight: 199 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

Tomorrow is when I weigh myself and I've been dieting for one week (even though it feels like 500 years!) Please tell me this gets easier! Anyway, wish me luck and good luck to all of you!

Oh and my mom gave me this web site called www.dwlz.com. This is the neatest thing, you go on here and scroll down until you see a "restaurants" link and click on it. This is a weight watchers site but under this link it has not only the point value's of several hundred fast food and dine in restaurant menu choices (in case you are on weight watchers) but then it gives all the additional info too (calories, sodium, carbs, fiber, etc. in case you are not on weight watchers). This helps me out so much when I'm going out to eat because I can look before hand and tell which foods I should pick. Good luck everyone!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ~Li4g - Thanks so much for letting us know you're okay...or better at least.

~chantybear - I had my wisdom teeth out in my 30s. All four at once. General anesthesia. One day recovery. Let us know how you are tomorrow.

~Get_fit - :laugh: from "Sane Food" brain to "Mindless Eating" in three days!

~ Zano - You are going to have to run that 1.5 mile without Li4g for a few days. Nice to see you!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hi everybody! Looks like I'm the newbie this time :glasses: I just started a new diet program and I hope along with it, this website, and this support group I'll be able to lose the 53+ lbs I need to lose! As of right now:

Starting weight: 199 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

Welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good luck on your weigh-in. Yes, it gets MUCH easier, as you learn new things and re-commit every day, and every meal. If you have a bad day, it's okay, just keep the 80% / 20% rule in mind. Do well with your food and exercise 80% of the time. Then eventually you will find it becomes habit, and then 90% of the time, and then you are home free. We all have an occassional bad day or bad meal. Don't let it de-rail your hard work.

I'll message you on your home page with the link to this thread.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I feel alot better. Once the motrin kicked in I was able to get movin to the gym so I walked off 300 cals at a slow pace. Didnt do anything else but that. I normally stretch afterwards but something told me that this would NOT be a good day to do that so I came home and made lunch, took another motrin and have been just kickin back doing much of nothing.

Hubby checked out my owies and said that im gonna have a nice dark purple bruise on my right butt cheek.... :laugh: I could already tell that was gonna happen. It doesnt hurt at all unless I touch it and I didnt feel it at all while I was walking so I am thanking my lucky stars that I didnt hurt myself worst. He could tell the upper part of my back looked ok and not bruised or inflamed so thats good news. Whew!

Laci- Welcome!! You'll love it here!! Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Yes it does get easier as time goes on. The first couple weeks are the hardest, mainly changing your habits and getting used to new things. You'll be fine if you just stick to it.

Mango- See if you can get the critter to take a nap and get your workout in. I know easier said than done, but you will feel so much better once its accomplished.

Zano- Im gonna be off from wogging this week or at least until my upper back isnt so stiff anymore, then I'll be back at it!! Yesterday before I fell I did 1.76 miles in 30 minutes...not my best time.. but I have a LONG way to go to meet that 15 minute goal. Im game! Just stick with it!!!

Woggers Unite!!!
    bikebabevc5.gif
    Join the wogging challenge to complete 1.5 miles in less than 15 minutes and reap the rewards!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    LOL, I'd like to 'wog' but have no place to wog at. The walking track I did yesterday KILLED my right foot. I have some cysts on it that come up when it's used a lot (VERY Frustrating when you are TRYING to work out). Anyway, asprin helps but not really great for me to take when af is so close (you don't want to know lOL). Anyway, my road doesn't hurt my foot, so I'll run on my road from now on. It's .6 miles from the end and back, so I guess I COULD run it twice. (that's a scary thought LOL)

Tonight is DDR night :happy: I like DDR night.

I thought I did SOOOOOOOOOOOOOo good today.. logged it in, and was 304 over :sad: So I"ll be doing LOTS of DDR tonight. Is it bad that I tried to put sex under the cardiovascular exercise to see if it would let me take calories away for it? LOL.. yes, I'm that pathetic :blushing:

chanty, I NEED my wisedom teeth pulled. They hurt, but I've never gotten around to it. Let me know how it goes and it might make me feel better about it.

L-4g, I couldn't help but laugh at your description of today. I hope your bruise goes away soon. You are a brave woman to be exercising with that on your backside.

Laci, welcome! :smile: GL at weightin tomorrow.

Is anyone else doing the twohundered sit-up challenge? Yesterday was day 2 for me and I'm really liking it. It makes me feel all, I don't know, powerful I guess. Like I'm doing something that will finally get rid of this saggy belly... which I'd LIKE to say came from birthin' 2 babies, but in fact, was there much before that. In fact, I weigh almost 30 pounds LESS than I did when I got pg with my youngest and 40 POUNDS less than when I got pg with my oldest.... wow, I haven't ever thought of that before!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Kelle i gotta ask... what is DDR night?? Im clueless here. :huh:

The wog challenge for me is a way to up the ante on my routine. I keep changing what Im doing about every 2 weeks and that seems to help me with not getting bored. Oh.. and no its not pathetic that you tried to see how many cals are burned during makeout.gif. I did the same the first week I was here and much to my disappointment it wasnt listed. I heard the average was about 250 cals for 40 minutes but I would guess it would depend on how frisky things were.. LOL Sorry if thats tmi for anyone!! If you have an HRM maybe you could wear it to get an accurate count??...:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    Options

The wog challenge for me is a way to up the ante on my routine. I keep changing what Im doing about every 2 weeks and that seems to help me with not getting bored. Oh.. and no its not pathetic that you tried to see how many cals are burned during makeout.gif. I did the same the first week I was here and much to my disappointment it wasnt listed. I heard the average was about 250 cals for 40 minutes but I would guess it would depend on how frisky things were.. LOL Sorry if thats tmi for anyone!! If you have an HRM maybe you could wear it to get an accurate count??...:bigsmile:

DDR = DanceDanceRevolution. She said it is on Direct TV.

this from calorielab.com
    http://calorielab.com/news/2008/02/12/calories-burned-during-sex/

(HUMOR)
    Activity group: Sexual Activity / Motivational context
    Afire with passion 85
    Because there’s nothing on TV 37
    Out of guilt 55
    Out of curiosity 73
    Like it was some major emergency 911
    To gather information 411

Activity group: Foreplay
    Tickling 17
    Nibbling 28
    Noshing 33
    Pleading 19

.......there's more, but Mike will bust me on the PG13 rule.......go to the link:wink:

Calorielab.com is actually a great resource for calories-burned info. This particular excerpt is from "Sexual Activity" subcategory: "Humor"
    CM- Oh I feel fine except for my backs of my mouths being tender, but no pain since the drugs! Yeah I had IV anesthesia, with lots of freezing. I am laying in bed all day today with my bf taking awesome care of me...:smile:

Losingit - No not fun at all! I was about to have some luke warm soup, cause all I had today was a bit of frozen yogurt, but my bottom right started bleeding lots again, so I decided not to. No I am just biting on gauze until I can have some more frozen yogurt! They knocked me out too, they had to just to justify the price:grumble: ...they were soooo nice though, and I felt like I was taken good care of! He is on ratemd.com, and has nothing but 5 star reviews so it makes me feel better about him doing it! I was going to buy some pudding, but I do not know if I would want to eat it I haven't had the crappy cup kind in years. Well I get to delay writing my math mid-term that everyone else has to write, so that is the plus side..hah!

GetFit: Yes I have been using frozen peas:smile: Yay pain killers..:noway: ! Yes it has gone really smoothly, other than bleeding, but that is normal.

Thanks for all your gal's (I was going to say guys, but no men:laugh: ) consideration, your all the best!
  • chantybear
    Options

this from calorielab.com
    http://calorielab.com/news/2008/02/12/calories-burned-during-sex/

(HUMOR)
    Activity group: Sexual Activity / Motivational context
    Afire with passion 85
    Because there’s nothing on TV 37
    Out of guilt 55
    Out of curiosity 73
    Like it was some major emergency 911
    To gather information 411

Activity group: Foreplay
    Tickling 17
    Nibbling 28
    Noshing 33
    Pleading 19

.......there's more, but Mike will bust me on the PG13 rule.......go to the link:wink:

Calorielab.com is actually a great resource for calories-burned info. This particular excerpt is from "Sexual Activity" subcategory: "Humor"

Haha wearing a HRM in bed...that may ruin the mood just a tad:laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

AH HA!!! That makes sense & sounds like fun!

dancing_kitty.gif
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    CM- Oh I feel fine except for my backs of my mouths being tender, but no pain since the drugs! Yeah I had IV anesthesia, with lots of freezing. I am laying in bed all day today with my bf taking awesome care of me...:smile:

Losingit - No not fun at all! I was about to have some luke warm soup, cause all I had today was a bit of frozen yogurt, but my bottom right started bleeding lots again, so I decided not to. No I am just biting on gauze until I can have some more frozen yogurt! They knocked me out too, they had to just to justify the price:grumble: ...they were soooo nice though, and I felt like I was taken good care of! He is on ratemd.com, and has nothing but 5 star reviews so it makes me feel better about him doing it! I was going to buy some pudding, but I do not know if I would want to eat it I haven't had the crappy cup kind in years. Well I get to delay writing my math mid-term that everyone else has to write, so that is the plus side..hah!

GetFit: Yes I have been using frozen peas:smile: Yay pain killers..:noway: ! Yes it has gone really smoothly, other than bleeding, but that is normal.

Thanks for all your gal's (I was going to say guys, but no men:laugh: ) consideration, your all the best!

The bleeding should be better after today. The first day is the worst for bleeding, the next couple for the pain and then you're on the upswing! You'll be glad you got it over with while you're young. It gets more difficult the older you get.

Rest well! Oh, and the HR thing? That would for SURE kill the mood for me, especially with the chest strap! :laugh: :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Oh yeah, almost forgot to thank everyone! Now that I have folks to be accountable to, it made it MUCH easier to get back on track today, so muchas gracias!!! :flowerforyou: