THE Team - Week 1 - 2/6/09

Options

Replies

• smontoya1
    Options
    Oh man....somebody please help me...I'm starving and I've already gone over my calorie by 215...dang Doc Green's..I thought everything was healthy there...the "Thai chicken wrap" has over 700 kcal!!! Who would have figured!

:noway:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    We do Netflix and I love it. What's redbox? Is it a store or a mail provider?

Redbox is available here at Albertsons, Safeway and McDonalds (I dont use thiers, cuz I dont eat there.. lol). You swipe your credit or debit card and for $1 a day you get a movie rental. They have a pretty good selection as most are new releases or popular ones from within the last year. You have to return the movie within 24 hours or you get charged another $1, still even if you keep it for 2 days like you would a blockbuster rental... its still cheaper than the $6 they charge by a longshot..:wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Oh man....somebody please help me...I'm starving and I've already gone over my calorie by 215...dang Doc Green's..I thought everything was healthy there...the "Thai chicken wrap" has over 700 kcal!!! Who would have figured!

:noway:

Have you drank your water today?? If not, go chug some and see how you feel :happy:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    lulu - SW 205/GW 145/CW 197/progress -8 lbs.
    renayeb - SW 257/CW 245 /GW 150 /progress -12 lbs.
    chantybear- SW 148/ CW 142.5/GW 125/ progress -5.5 lbs.
    get_fit2009: SW 175/GW 140/CW 165.5/progress -9.5 lbs.
    Losingit4good: SW 240/GW 175/CW 232/progress -8lbs
    healthymom2009: SW 202/GW 150/CW 198/progress -4lbs.

I would like to be a Newbie to this group because I feel better just reading the thread! I like having the accountability of a group too. Just look at the weight lost this week...we are all awesome!

My workout routine is:
    30 minutes elliptical + 30 minutes treadmill or 30 minutes weight machines + 30 min elliptical

On thursday I spent 60 min on the elliptical and burned 800 cal. Gotta love that! A couple months ago I was proud of 300 calories.

Good luck to everyone!

142950.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Welcome aboard!!
    I love the elliptical, mainly because it burns alot of cals in a short amount of time. 3 weeks ago I couldnt make it 10 minutes on the darn thing.. lol.. Now Im doing 30 minutes of that plus intervals on the treadmill. Awesome awesome! Keep up the good work! I havent tried to go more than 30...maybe I'll have to see what I can do on one of my lighter days at the gym :)
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome Healthymom! Glad to have you! Wow - I'd be really proud of the 800 kcal burned! I'm still super gaga for a 200 to 300 burn!!:blushing: I'm getting better though - I'll catch you! You a losingit4good are tearing up that eliptical!

smontoya -- Jeeze, what is it about the word 'wrap' that makes us think healthy! I fall for it all the time! but okay, DON'T add worse to bad - can you munch on some ice, can you chomp on some celery or some spinach leaves with a little lemon juice, how bout a little handful of protien - If it is truly hunger you are feeling, then you might need to forfiet a couple of cals for a bite of protien just to make your gut be quiet... but if you're just bored - get some ice! Be strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be busy!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • smontoya1
    Options
    Ice, water, spinach...got it!

Welcome HealthyMOM!

:drinker:
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    I would love to join this group. Headed to run right now. I will put info in tomorrow!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm spinach, my favorite-hardly-any-calories fridge item that I love to eat on just about everything. LOL Its a great antioxidant and filler! Never had it with lemon juice tho....gonna have to give that a shot!! I normally use walnuts, dried cranberries and a all natural raspberry vinagrette.

I still have about 700 calories left today because it was a workout day and a long one at that. I still need about 3 more glasses of water but I feel like Im floating already. Ive been kinda bad about drinking ALL of my water lately, which is something I am determined to change this week!! So please... someone kick my (_I_) and make me drink more of it.. :laugh:
  • chantybear
    Options
    We do Netflix and I love it. What's redbox? Is it a store or a mail provider?

Chanty - people can be so annoying sometimes BUT I'd rather be mistaken for being younger than older anyday:happy: Trust me, it's all about where you are on the scale of life. :wink:

Happy weekend!

Yeah I know, but I get pretty irritated when I keep looking for movies, and they do not have them, and they want my id...I am happier now though!:happy:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Yeah Blockbuster sucks! 6$ for a new release seriously?!?!?! We usually go to Rogers (I think it is only Canadian), but we forgot to bring back two movies from last weekend, and the late charges, and stupid!

NETFLIX, eh. The best. Hardly ever mess up, unlimited monthly rentals, all online ordering. Mail back. Reasonable price. I use their site to look up movies that are on TV, too, to see if I want to watch them - since it rates them for me according to my tastes and my past reviews of the hundreds of movies I've rated.
    Now that they have streaming movies I think it is even better!

If I send a movie back on Monday, I get another one on Wednesday. They have lots of distribution centers so they are fast. Is there a Canadian Netflix?

I do not think we have netflix for Canada, you guys get all the good cheap things:angry:
  • chantybear
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm spinach, my favorite-hardly-any-calories fridge item that I love to eat on just about everything. LOL Its a great antioxidant and filler! Never had it with lemon juice tho....gonna have to give that a shot!! I normally use walnuts, dried cranberries and a all natural raspberry vinagrette.

I still have about 700 calories left today because it was a workout day and a long one at that. I still need about 3 more glasses of water but I feel like Im floating already. Ive been kinda bad about drinking ALL of my water lately, which is something I am determined to change this week!! So please... someone kick my (_I_) and make me drink more of it.. :laugh:

Spinach is soooo good!!! I love spinach salads compared to lettuce
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Just a word on ellipticals. Use a personal heart rate monitor. Ellipticals are notorious for over estimating your calories burned. I found them to be as high as 300 cals TOO high once I started using my HRM. There are several threads going around here right now about ellipticals and that is frequently mentioned. Try to find some of those threads.

Best advice is always use a HRM. The kind with a chest strap. The wrist-only ones aren't worth buying.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Yeah Blockbuster sucks! 6$ for a new release seriously?!?!?! We usually go to Rogers (I think it is only Canadian), but we forgot to bring back two movies from last weekend, and the late charges, and stupid!

NETFLIX, eh. The best. Hardly ever mess up, unlimited monthly rentals, all online ordering. Mail back. Reasonable price. I use their site to look up movies that are on TV, too, to see if I want to watch them - since it rates them for me according to my tastes and my past reviews of the hundreds of movies I've rated.

If I send a movie back on Monday, I get another one on Wednesday. They have lots of distribution centers so they are fast. Is there a Canadian Netflix?

I do not think we have netflix for Canada, you guys get all the good cheap things:angry:

Except free health care and gym memberships with our tuition.........I'll trade ya for the Netflix:grumble:
  • chantybear
    Options

Except free health care and gym memberships with our tuition.........I'll trade ya for the Netflix:grumble:

Never!:heart:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Losingit - good grief woman - we must grocery shop from the same list! mmmmm spinach yes, but ahhhhh cranberries and walnuts on TOP of the spinach and with the raspberry vinegarette.:tongue: yummmmyyyy:bigsmile:

chanty - glad you're happier now:flowerforyou: and I'm with cm on the healthcare and gym thing - I'll trade ya my netflix too! You wouldn't believe what I had to pay for my bloodwork this a.m. :grumble: and I have health insurance!!:sad:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    Welcome new people!!! I hope you enjoy the group. I know it has helped me a lot.

I burned 410 calories on the DDR tonight :drinker: I'm all excited. Tomorrow, I'll be up 2 more pounds LOL. Oh well. With exercise I'm -182 I think for the day. I'm happy. :)
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    lulubar, that spinach, cranberry, walnut, red vinergrette thing sounds wonderful!

Off to chew on some ice LOL
  • chantybear
    Options
    Losingit - good grief woman - we must grocery shop from the same list! mmmmm spinach yes, but ahhhhh cranberries and walnuts on TOP of the spinach and with the raspberry vinegarette.:tongue: yummmmyyyy:bigsmile:

chanty - glad you're happier now:flowerforyou: and I'm with cm on the healthcare and gym thing - I'll trade ya my netflix too! You wouldn't believe what I had to pay for my bloodwork this a.m. :grumble: and I have health insurance!!:sad:

Thanks hun!:flowerforyou: Yeah Canada has a lot more social programs, which we love!
  • chantybear
    Options
    lulubar, that spinach, cranberry, walnut, red vinergrette thing sounds wonderful!

No duh I was about to drool!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

No duh I was about to drool!!

Seriously is the best & healthiest salad. I add diced chicken breast too for more protien when i want to make a lunch out of it.

Sorry guys, I love to cook so my brain thinks about food all the time... as if you couldnt tell.. :laugh:
    Did I mention I watched Rachel Ray at the Gym today while I was run-walking on the treadmill? I wont tell you what she was making, that would just be torture :devil: