THE Team - Week 1 - 2/6/09

Options

Replies

• zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Whew, been away at work (2 jobs) and the pages have exploded since I last logged on. First, you guys rock..and I'm really glad to read about everyone's progress. All newbies are welcome to hang out with the GREATEST group around..because we are all gonna be successful. I believe it and I see it. It 's called VISION and "THE Team" has 20/20. OKAY here are my stats SW 208/GW 165/CW 199. Its gonna be fun...Zano
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    updated:

lulu - SW 205/GW 145/CW 197/progress -8 lbs.
    renayeb - SW 257/CW 245 /GW 150 /progress -12 lbs.
    chantybear- SW 148/ CW 142.5/GW 125/ progress -5.5 lbs.
    get_fit2009: SW 175/GW 140/CW 165.5/progress -9.5 lbs.
    Losingit4good: SW 240/GW 175/CW 232/progress -8lbs
    kelleighanne: SW 171/GW 135/ CW 168/ progress -3lbs
    zano: SW 208/GW 165/CW 199/ progress – 9 lbs
  • chantybear
    Options
    So Im home, took the kids shopping and found some new workout clothes for me. Also got a new pair of asic shoes for the gym. I plan on wearing them tonight to see how they work out for wogging (walk/jogging). They were $30 at ross, normally $100..so Im really hoping that they work. Also found a couple sports bras and a new pink tank shirt to go with my workout pants. Havent tried it on yet, but Im thinking about taking a picture so I have something to compare with later.

Chanty--Snow shoeing sounds fun and exhausting!! I have a hard time walking in snow anyway. We got 2 feet here around Christmas this year but it was all icy after the first day. I love the snow, but not when its icy. Where did you go hike? Do you have alot of snow there now?

I havent gotten my workout in yet today. Gonna go hit the gym after the rugrats (ages 4 and 11 weeks) Im watching go home around 5. Then I gotta hit the grocery store and restock my essential and get some stuff for dinner this week. Plus i gotta some snack stuff to HIDE from the kids. Not only did they eat all the fugebars in a matter of 2 days... they also sucked down all my chocolate milk syrup. I thought i had enough to make some last night around 10:30 and sure enough, they had found the last of it even tho I had hid it in the fridge UNDER all the veggies in the back of the fridge..:explode: :mad: little heathens! I have a very hard time drinking milk unless its flavored or whirled with fruit in the blender, so this was just darn frustrating to me. I dont eat many sweets anymore, but when I have an urge and calories to fill in... I need a "good for me" solution...so its frustrating when there is none left by the time i get to it. Time to hide it better and make it clear its HANDS OFF!!

It was quite fun! We have a ski hill about 30minute drive away, and then there are like a bunch of mountains around it so that is where we went, just up some random mountain (the guide knew though!)....it was REALLY cold around Christmas, I cannot remember it ever being so cold, but I was in Mexico:smile: . Since it was quite high up, and a lot of the powder was untouched some of it was really deep, but it was awesome!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow, Im EXHAUSTED!! :yawn:

I was getting ready to go to the gym and my son (15) made a comment that it was REALLY nice outside and would be a great day to go play Tennis :huh: So... off we went, a mile to the high school with the tennis raquets. He then proceeded to run my butt ALL over that tennis court (for an hour) chasing pop fly tennis balls.. It was fun! When we got done, we walked over to the track and walked a lap (1/4 mile) then we jogged. I made it about 1/2 way around the 1/4 mile before walking for about 30 seconds then returning to a jog until I reached where I had started. Walked another 1/4 mile lap around and jogged again.. making it 1/2 way around the 1/4 mile.. walking for 30 seconds then jogging until we were again back to where we started. It took us less than 15 minutes to go the 1 mile total. Its harder on my back to run on the track than it is to run on the treadmill... so Im guessing its gonna be quite a while before I drag my daughter there to run with me. My son was like "Holy cow mom, I cant believe you ran that far... TWICE!!!" :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Havent hit the grocery store yet. Im too tired to go and I still gotta make dinner. I think I'll be lazy and camp out on the couch and watch a movie-- oh wait-- that means I have to fold the laundry mountain on the couch first...:ohwell:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Wow, Im EXHAUSTED!! :yawn:

I was getting ready to go to the gym and my son (15) made a comment that it was REALLY nice outside and would be a great day to go play Tennis :huh: So... off we went, a mile to the high school with the tennis raquets. He then proceeded to run my butt ALL over that tennis court (for an hour) chasing pop fly tennis balls.. It was fun! When we got done, we walked over to the track and walked a lap (1/4 mile) then we jogged. I made it about 1/2 way around the 1/4 mile before walking for about 30 seconds then returning to a jog until I reached where I had started. Walked another 1/4 mile lap around and jogged again.. making it 1/2 way around the 1/4 mile.. walking for 30 seconds then jogging until we were again back to where we started. It took us less than 15 minutes to go the 1 mile total. Its harder on my back to run on the track than it is to run on the treadmill... so Im guessing its gonna be quite a while before I drag my daughter there to run with me. My son was like "Holy cow mom, I cant believe you ran that far... TWICE!!!" :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Havent hit the grocery store yet. Im too tired to go and I still gotta make dinner. I think I'll be lazy and camp out on the couch and watch a movie-- oh wait-- that means I have to fold the laundry mountain on the couch first...:ohwell:

Good job!!!!!! See all your work is paying off:happy:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Just wanted to add my stats to the list. this is my first week and I want to keep on track!
    I live in Canada and we have lots of snow - took my 2 year old sledding yesterday. Lots of calories to burn walking back up the hill!!!

lulu - SW 205/GW 145/CW 197/progress -8 lbs.
    renayeb - SW 257/CW 245 /GW 150 /progress -12 lbs.
    chantybear- SW 148/ CW 142.5/GW 125/ progress -5.5 lbs.
    get_fit2009: SW 175/GW 140/CW 165.5/progress -9.5 lbs.
    Losingit4good: SW 240/GW 175/CW 232/progress -8lbs
    kelleighanne: SW 171/GW 135/ CW 168/ progress -3lbs
    zano: SW 208/GW 165/CW 199/ progress – 9 lbs
    healthymom2009: SW 204/GW 150/CW 199/progress -5lbs

142950.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Great job mom! Playing in the snow IS hard work but Its fun and burns alot of cals!!

I just imputed my dinner and exercise for the day...

this is what it says... If every day were like today... You'd weigh 213.0 lbs in 5 weeks

:noway: :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    MUST...STEP...AWAY...FROM...THE M&M BOWL...... :explode:

I wish the boys would dive in and eat them all. Maybe if I stay up here long enough, when I go down there, none will be left. I ate a lot today, but I don't feel "out of control", like it's going to all unravel. This is actually a new feeling for me. Usually if I go over I get kind of panicky. Tonight, I'm thinking, "Meh, no biggie. Tomorrow the birthday frenzie is over, so no problem."

Very odd, a sane food brain seems to be taking over my body. :tongue:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and girls.

I am just joining this thread today. My sister is getting married in Turkey (Istanbul). I want to fit in something nice and look sexy in all the pics. I've lost some pounds (11). I need to lose more. I will be trying to lose a pound a week. Hopefully, that will take me to the following stats...

Need your prayers, love and support. HELP ME THRU THIS!!!

Starting weight (Nov. 3rd 2008) - 177lbs
    Current weight (02/0409) - 165.8lbs
    Goal weight by 04/25 - 155lbs or less.

LETS DO THIS! :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and girls.

I am just joining this thread today. My sister is getting married in Turkey (Istanbul). I want to fit in something nice and look sexy in all the pics. I've lost some pounds (11). I need to lose more. I will be trying to lose a pound a week. Hopefully, that will take me to the following stats...

All right, Mangoaddict! Istanbul. What do I wear to a wedding in Istanbul. Oh, the shopping will be fabulous! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

I wish the boys would dive in and eat them all. Maybe if I stay up here long enough, when I go down there, none will be left. I ate a lot today, but I don't feel "out of control", like it's going to all unravel. This is actually a new feeling for me. Usually if I go over I get kind of panicky. Tonight, I'm thinking, "Meh, no biggie. Tomorrow the birthday frenzie is over, so no problem."

OMG.. send those M&Ms over here!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are my biggest weakness aside from Tiramisu from olive garden (which i only get about twice a year..lol).... I'll eat them all since I have like 900 calories left after dinner.. LOL Amazing how many calories you burn playing tennis for an hour... its insane!!
  • get_fit2009
    Options

OMG.. send those M&Ms over here!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are my biggest weakness aside from Tiramisu from olive garden (which i only get about twice a year..lol).... I'll eat them all since I have like 900 calories left after dinner.. LOL Amazing how many calories you burn playing tennis for an hour... its insane!!

I know, M&Ms are sooo tempting. If I have NONE, I'm fine, but if I have a few...well, then I may as well strap on the feed bag!

Tennis, what fun! I haven't played in years. Enjoy your 900 extra calories!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Hi guys and girls.

Welcome! It's nice to have a "goal event" to help you focus, and I would say a wedding in Istanbul is an EXCELLENT "goal event"! :smile:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I LOVE sane food brain!!! That's been happening to me too Getfit! Feeels sooo good!:bigsmile:
    Losingit, if I did everything you did today, I'm pretty sure I'd drop dead! But I did have a great wog for about 30 minutes, and I was able to hold the run for a full minute each time - then did 30 minutes on the weights, then some reallllly good stretches. Worked in the yard too, then sanded a wrought iron shelf that I'm gonna repaint for my dining room. My dd and her bf came by to show off his new convertable - they looked so cute in it with the top down. And how strange is this - my rockstar 19 yo son is home at 10:30 on a Saturday night hanging out with his parents?!?!:noway: Just a pretty great day all the way around!:flowerforyou:

Healthymom - way to go on the 5 pounds! Good job!:bigsmile:
    Chantybear, I knew that snow shoeing would be hard on the legs! Glad it was fun though!
  • lulubar
    Options
    Hi guys and girls.

Welcome mangoaddict! If I get down to 155 can I go to your sister's wedding with you??:bigsmile: How exciting!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    I LOVE sane food brain!!! That's been happening to me too Getfit! Feeels sooo good!:bigsmile:
    Losingit, if I did everything you did today, I'm pretty sure I'd drop dead! But I did have a great wog for about 30 minutes, and I was able to hold the run for a full minute each time - then did 30 minutes on the weights, then some reallllly good stretches. Worked in the yard too, then sanded a wrought iron shelf that I'm gonna repaint for my dining room. My dd and her bf came by to show off his new convertable - they looked so cute in it with the top down. And how strange is this - my rockstar 19 yo son is home at 10:30 on a Saturday night hanging out with his parents?!?!:noway: Just a pretty great day all the way around!:flowerforyou:

Chantybear, I knew that snow shoeing would be hard on the legs! Glad it was fun though!

Don't you love it when the teenagers hang out at home? :happy:
  • lulubar
    Options
    I really really do love it! My daughter is 23 and in her last semester of college so I only see her once a week or less. My son plays lead guitar and sings in a band and works at a restaurant part time to support his music habit - so I hardly ever get him just hanging out at home. Basically he comes here to shower, change clothes, and catch a few zzzzzz's - maybe grab a sandwich now and then:ohwell: He's said if he's not famous after this summer he's off to college.:glasses: They grow up so incredibly fast, it truly seems impossible that this much time has passed since they were sitting in my lap while we read books:sad: So yes! I absolutely LOVE it when they're here!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: Wow that was an extremely long answer wasn't it!

Did you have your icecream cake? Was it delicious??:bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

WTG Lulu on the workout!! Yardwork already?? If tomorrow is as nice as it was today Im gonna be out in my yard doing some cleanup in my veggie garden. Ive been putting it off for too long already and now that I have the little ones around again I have to make time when the weather is nice or before ya know it it will be time to plant it and I'll have a TON to do. Wow...shelf thing sound cool! I should dig through my shed and see what ive got to work on tomorrow once the garden is done. Then again... Im a bit sore :sick: from the wogging and tennis.. so we'll see how stiff I am tomorrow.. it may just be a recovery day...:laugh:
  • adamk0324
    Options
    sw on jan 3 was 277 my weight now is 253 yes cool cool
    so i just wanted to check in i had lost power all weekend just got it back
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    sw on jan 3 was 277 my weight now is 253 yes cool cool
    so i just wanted to check in i had lost power all weekend just got it back

Holy cow woman!! That is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so proud of you!!!
    Congratulations!!