Burger King ... you are kidding me..

Options

Replies

• HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THAT BURGER KING IS NUTRITIONALLY VOID!!! They put lettuce on their whoppers!!!

(Interesting factoid.... I had to look up how to spell lettuce.)

Tomatoes too! :tongue:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Luckily for me, I live in Europe, where regulations on all meat are much stricter. No steroid cows, no chemicals, if they say it's 100% *insert meat* it will be said meat. Sure, i might be cow eyeballs and testicles and very little "real" meat but it all comes from an animal, and tastes omnom
    Cows in Europe talk funny.

lol but they do taste better! I hate McD's here in the good ole USofA but when I was in Paris for a month I ate there a lot more often that I should have... but hey I was on "vacation" - study abroad :smile:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Honestly before all this weight loss things I did eat fast food almost everyday. Yes I'm guilty of it. The only thing that was great was the convenience (quick), price, and the taste. Since then I lost weight and cut down fast food to about once every 2 weeks or so.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but if you think it's OK to feed your family BK whoppers once or twice a week, you are kidding yourself.

Their burgers are treated with AMMONIA.

Not only do they treat their burgers with ammonia, they mix bleach in with their mayo, spit on your pickles, their wrappers have an anthrax base, and they pepper spray your kids as they walk in the door!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I hate McD's here in the good ole USofA but when I was in Paris for a month I ate there a lot more often that I should have... but hey I was on "vacation" - study abroad :smile:
    Enjoying the local cuisine, eh? :laugh:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, I live in Europe, where regulations on all meat are much stricter. No steroid cows, no chemicals, if they say it's 100% *insert meat* it will be said meat. Sure, i might be cow eyeballs and testicles and very little "real" meat but it all comes from an animal, and tastes omnom

Reported for beef discrimination.
    Don't hate, appreciate. :flowerforyou:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but if you think it's OK to feed your family BK whoppers once or twice a week, you are kidding yourself.

Not only do they treat their burgers with ammonia, they mix bleach in with their mayo, spit on your pickles, their wrappers have an anthrax base, and they pepper spray your kids as they walk in the door!

Actually it was urine in the pickle tub...
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Reported for beef discrimination.
    Don't hate, appreciate. :flowerforyou:
    Hey, better to talk funny than to taste funny. Am I right?!
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't believe these places don't advertise by saying "Our food is quite unhealthy and the profit margin is astronomical! Go home and make your family a proper dinner" - It's like they are trying to make money or something
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

lol but they do taste better! I hate McD's here in the good ole USofA but when I was in Paris for a month I ate there a lot more often that I should have... but hey I was on "vacation" - study abroad :smile:

Plus all the beef in Scotland is usually from Angus cows...it's realy funny because they make a fortune in England selling special "angus" burgers, but up here it's like..."um, what's so special about that, they're all angus cows here!" My english friends came up to visit at the weekend and were really annoyed to see that we get angus steak/sausages/everything the same price as other sausages/steak/everything, while they have to pay extra money for it :L
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Let people have their treats

Not everyone abuses fast food after all :)

And if they can feed 3 people on $9.99 as a treat then so be it, more power to them... it's only if people abuse it, people cite Fast Food companies as the devil but at the end of the day they do serve a purpose... people don't have to be nutritious all the time sometimes they want junk.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    While there are much better choices to eat, a Whopper Jr. w/o Mayo and Cheese (according to the BK website) is only 260 calories, 10g fat, 13g protien, 29g carbs and 460mg sodium.
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    with 1200 cals a day and i cany have meat or dairy, theres nothing a fast food joint could offer that i would be willing to to buy or eat bluh
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I like Burger King. The fake smoky taste of their burgers makes me happy.

We use a real fire, I promise! (Doesn't make it any less fake and delicious though.)

As for ammonia, you really think it's exclusively fast food beef that's soaked in ammonia? No, that includes beef from all major meat producers that supply your grocery store too.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Yeah, I can't believe these places don't advertise by saying "Our food is quite unhealthy and the profit margin is astronomical! Go home and make your family a proper dinner" - It's like they are trying to make money or something
    How dare they?! Scoundrels!
  • wildcata77
    Options

Yep ::nods head::

That's why the only fast food my kid will eat is Chik-Fil-A, b/c I'm pretty sure they sprinkle their fruit cups with crack.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Plus all the beef in Scotland is usually from Angus cows...it's realy funny because they make a fortune in England selling special "angus" burgers, but up here it's like..."um, what's so special about that, they're all angus cows here!" My english friends came up to visit at the weekend and were really annoyed to see that we get angus steak/sausages/everything the same price as other sausages/steak/everything, while they have to pay extra money for it :L
    Scottish cows talk funny and wear kilts. True story. Back me up here, kid.
  • wildcata77
    Options

Effing Capitalists!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I actually loved it when I saw the 9.99 pack.

That comes out to two value meals for me with 2 drinks.
    And a kids meal for my little one. And she can play in the playground for a few.

Feel free to point me to something other than "supersize me" that says enjoying fast food is going to have a negative effect on my health.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I actually loved it when I saw the 9.99 pack.

That comes out to two value meals for me with 2 drinks.
    And a kids meal for my little one. And she can play in the playground for a few.

Feel free to point me to something other than "supersize me" that says enjoying fast food is going to have a negative effect on my health.