Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    burger_king_babes_2.jpg
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Feel free to point me to something other than "supersize me" that says enjoying fast food is going to have a negative effect on my health.
    burger_king_babes_2.jpg

You win this round. :grumble:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,693 Member
    Options
    So after my workout lastnight, on my drive home, I heard a super funny commercial on the radio!
    Burger King was offering a "FAMILY" meal for $9.99!
    This included a whopper, fries, and a soda, a whopper junior, fries and a soda, and a kids meal with soda!
    A MEAL FOR A FAMILY OF 3 OF NUTRITIONALLY VOID FOOD???!!! For $10??!!

I laughed because I can feed my family of 6 a nutritionally sound meal with a protein (usually meat), 2 veggies/fruit, a starch (brown rice, WW noodles, corn, legumes,potatoes, etc..), and milk. ALL FOR $10!!! OR LESS!!!!

I am NOT SURE who ever thought that feeding a family FAST FOOD was cheaper than feeding them at home!

EX: Chicken breast baked, with salsa, and black beans. Served with carrots sticks, and green beans on the side. CHEAP AND GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Even if BK was cheaper to feed your family... in the long run, the health costs would not be!

That sounds like a great deal to me. All that for roundly £7.50?! Bargain!

Why are you so against it? It sounds like a great once a week treat! No one is saying do it every night.

Why do you only consider price and nutrients? What about taste and convenience?
    I could eat all of that on my own............................

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I think you're all forgetting the king of fast food here... The McRib is in season! Why get a whopper when you can get a tasty, juicy, tender McRib!?
    You know, I don't feel like cooking for lunch, so I'm having a McRib!!!

IDEA Fitness member
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I like Burger King. The fake smoky taste of their burgers makes me happy.

We use a real fire, I promise! (Doesn't make it any less fake and delicious though.)

As for ammonia, you really think it's exclusively fast food beef that's soaked in ammonia? No, that includes beef from all major meat producers that supply your grocery store too.

In Haiti we were taught how to properly clean meat with Clorox.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have McDonalds or Wendys or Burger King once a week (and I'm talking about a real burger here - quarter pounders and whoppers) and I'm just fine lol Once in a while is fine, it's the people who can't cook and rely on it as their staple that have the problem.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Not only do they treat their burgers with ammonia, they mix bleach in with their mayo, spit on your pickles, their wrappers have an anthrax base, and they pepper spray your kids as they walk in the door!
    Bwahahaha!

IDEA Fitness member
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Bk isn't bad if you look at it like a special thing. Making BK a daily part of your meals is bad.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    tell me about it. I made a, well, semihealthy casserole last night for $9, that will feed my family for 2 nights!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Plus all the beef in Scotland is usually from Angus cows...it's realy funny because they make a fortune in England selling special "angus" burgers, but up here it's like..."um, what's so special about that, they're all angus cows here!" My english friends came up to visit at the weekend and were really annoyed to see that we get angus steak/sausages/everything the same price as other sausages/steak/everything, while they have to pay extra money for it :L
    Scottish cows talk funny and wear kilts. True story. Back me up here, kid.

coo.jpg
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I think 1 to 2 times a month is a lot for a kid. I think it is leading to bad habits in the future. Lots of health costs in the future.
    What would be the "health costs" of feeding a child a moderate amount of Burger King, i.e. 1-2 times per month?
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Bk isn't bad if you look at it like a special thing. Making BK a daily part of your meals is bad.
    i agree with this. we do fast food maybe once or twice a month. usually one time its a pizza night and another its a burger joint.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    New fries? I didnt know they had new fries. Now you got me curious. Im craving it now. Lol
    Yum, whopper jr with their new fries is soooo good. :)
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    That meal sounds like a challenge. Bet I could eat it all if I tried but, i want the boy toy in the kids meal
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I have McDonalds or Wendys or Burger King once a week (and I'm talking about a real burger here - quarter pounders and whoppers) and I'm just fine lol
    Now that is seriously sexy. Gimme a girl that doesn't always order the salad. Awesome!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Plus all the beef in Scotland is usually from Angus cows...it's realy funny because they make a fortune in England selling special "angus" burgers, but up here it's like..."um, what's so special about that, they're all angus cows here!" My english friends came up to visit at the weekend and were really annoyed to see that we get angus steak/sausages/everything the same price as other sausages/steak/everything, while they have to pay extra money for it :L
    Scottish cows talk funny and wear kilts. True story. Back me up here, kid.
    coo.jpg
    You, my friend, are excellent!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What would be the "health costs" of feeding a child a moderate amount of Burger King, i.e. 1-2 times per month?

They could be considerable in the long run, they could be negligible.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love BK! Whopper w/ Cheese is my favorite! lol
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I think 1 to 2 times a month is a lot for a kid. I think it is leading to bad habits in the future. Lots of health costs in the future.
    Really? I take my family there at least once a week. My daughter is considered "underweight" because I make sure that she's active instead of sitting in the house all afternoon after school. I would think it would more a bad habit to let kids just sit around and watch TV or play video games all afternoon.
    And health has more to do with being overweight and obese as well as genetics than the actual food you consume. Consuming healthier food doesn't ensure being healthy just as eating "unhealthy" food dooms you to being unhealthy.

IDEA Fitness member
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    coo2.jpg

REAL MEAT IS GINGER