Burger King ... you are kidding me..

Options

Replies

• JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ok. Thats funny. The Whopper, Whopper Junior and a regular burger for 9.99. First, Goldilocks tried the daddy bear burger. It was too big! Then she tried the Mamma Bear burger. It was too widdle. Finally she tried the baby bear burger. It was just right.....
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    my kids eat fast food twice a day (because i hate dishes) my 4 year old love diet soda also
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    No hate. I just happen to dig a gal that doesn't always order the salad, and isn't afraid to look bad by eating a burger once in a while.
    "look bad by eating a burger" ????
    Please consider the context of what I said.

We all know that some folks look down on anyone eating a burger. Reference some comments in this thread, for example. I dig (like, enjoy, prefer) a gal (woman, female) that isn't afraid of others' opinions in regard to her eating a burger.

Does that help?

Oops... almost forgot: :flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have McDonalds or Wendys or Burger King once a week (and I'm talking about a real burger here - quarter pounders and whoppers) and I'm just fine lol
    Now that is seriously sexy. Gimme a girl that doesn't always order the salad. Awesome!

:) I love my burgers!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I have McDonalds or Wendys or Burger King once a week (and I'm talking about a real burger here - quarter pounders and whoppers) and I'm just fine lol
    Now that is seriously sexy. Gimme a girl that doesn't always order the salad. Awesome!
    :) I love my burgers!
    That's so HOT! Woooooo!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    No hate. I just happen to dig a gal that doesn't always order the salad, and isn't afraid to look bad by eating a burger once in a while.

We all know that some folks look down on anyone eating a burger. Reference some comments in this thread, for example. I dig (life, enjoy, prefer) a gal (woman, female) that isn't afraid of others' opinions in regard to her eating a burger.

Does that help?

Yeah, it's official. I heart you. (Not in an objectifying way, though.)
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    I like Burger King. The fake smoky taste of their burgers makes me happy.

I used to work at BK and they aren't faking the smokey taste it is real. Their burgers are truely flame broiled :)
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I think the funny thing is that it's only for a family of 3. I have 2 kids. And yes, when we go eat fast food we are paying between $15 and $20 or more. Sometimes a sit down can be cheaper with coupons.

There are ways to eat healthier at fast food but those options cost a little more. And it's almost always cheaper and healthier to eat at home.

By kids eat up Turkey meatballs (Archer Farm from target big bag for under $7), whole wheat pasta (under $3 a box usually), and bag of steamfresh veggies (around $1), jar of pasta sauce (around $2.50). So for $13.50 I can feed my family of 4 multiple nights....I do have to add a little more for extra bags of veggie but it's about $1/meal. Hubby and I sometimes add a brat/sub roll instead of pasta for meatball subs but even with that $3.50 it makes 3 meals!!!

Or buy my own chicken nuggets in bulk and it's way cheaper than McDonalds.

If you do organic yeah it's more expensive but it's sickening how many low income families I work with that do fast food because it's cheaper and they just don't understand!!!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I like your post alot...haven't heard that commercial and would roll my eyes in disgust if I did

and I'm going to offend some people...but IMO fast food should NEVER be viewed as a treat
    I think if you're going to eat that you might as well drink diluted bleach...the chemicals that are added to that "food" is revolting

I like your horse...it's very tall and also shiny.

::waving from below where the commoners stand::

Oh believe me I USE to eat fast food...had no problems with it...till I was educated on what is in that "meat" ...and french fries should NOT have a shelf life lol real potatoes go bad in a short amount of time where as fast food fries stay looking fresh for months even years...c'mon what is that doing to your body?

french-fries-300x178.jpg
    YUM! ^^^

1,1,1 – trichloroethane, 1,2,4 – trimethylbenzene, BCH, alpha Chloroform, chlorotoluene, chlorpyritos, DDE, p, p, DDT, p, p, dieldrin, diphenyl 2-wthylhexyl phosphate, and ethyl benzene, among a host of other chemicals found in fast food.

McDonald’s chicken McNuggets contain tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), a petroleum-based product also added to varnishes, lacquers, resins, and oil field additives, and dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent used in Silly Putty.
    How to create your own Immortal Burger:

1. Buy some hamburgers from your favorite fast food restaurant: McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King (any place that serves hybridized, chemicalized, genetically altered, hormone/ pesticide-laden food) – BUT DON’T EAT THEM!

2. Put your hamburgers in a fairly dry location and let them sit for many, many years.

WARNING: Do not put your hamburgers in any sealed containers, like jars. The moisture needs to escape the food naturally, so letting them breathe in the open air works best.

3. And that’s it! You are now the proud owner of your own Burger Museum! After 6 or 7 days, you can display them proudly. No animals or insects will touch them – which makes me wonder why we would ever touch them!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

We all know that some folks look down on anyone eating a burger. Reference some comments in this thread, for example. I dig (life, enjoy, prefer) a gal (woman, female) that isn't afraid of others' opinions in regard to her eating a burger.

Does that help?

Yeah, it's cool. I guess I wasn't aware there were people who looked down on women eating burgers. Maybe it's just fast food burgers??
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Does that help?

Yeah, it's cool. I guess I wasn't aware there were people who looked down on women eating burgers. Maybe it's just fast food burgers??
    I've known plenty of gals that are embarrassed to eat anything but a salad in public. Silliness, I say.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Does that help?

You don't need ground beef when you gots filet mignon right here!
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    New fries? I didnt know they had new fries. Now you got me curious. Im craving it now. Lol
    Yum, whopper jr with their new fries is soooo good. :)

My bad, I was thinking of Wendys' fries. Now I'm sad. But Whoppers are still good!
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound appealing to me at all. I'm vegetarian so its super easy to avoid bad food & I have never really liked fast food anyway. Its so low quality looking & cheap ingredients, Just looking at the fatty meat is enough to turn me away from it... If I ever have a kid they will NEVER eat fast food, I don't agree with parents using mcdonalds or somewhere as a treat/reward it sets you up for bad eating habits. I want my kids to be all organic, and hopefully vegetarian, if you have the money why not do the best you can for your kids, I would.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    while i do think in n out is over rated, i wish utah would have gotten one before i moved to seattle >.>
    at least we finally got a couple carls jrs. and i dont tthink i could live without ****s (oh right, i forgot D!cks isnt PG-13 *rolls eyes*) a couple times a year.. *drools*
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    while i do think in n out is over rated, i wish utah would have gotten one before i moved to seattle >.>
    at least we finally got a couple carls jrs. and i dont tthink i could live without ****s a couple times a year.. *drools*

Seattle? Forget Carls

http://www.seattlemet.com/eat-and-drink/articles/restaurants-burgers-0609/
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that the fast food corporations ARE seeing families who eat this stuff ALL THE TIME. I remember as a kid working the drive-thru at an Arbys that we had "regular" customers. I agree that as a fun thing for the kids sometimes, it's not the end of the world. But we have obese, unhealthy families around here for whom that is an absolute staple of their diet. They tend to look down on people like me for "slaving away in the kitchen", but I wouldn't trade them.
    How is that the restaurant's fault that individuals choose to eat there frequently? What should they do? Track people's visits? Should the gov't limit how many times you can serve fast food to the same person?

This just had me cracking up remembering the Seinfield episode that was on tv while I was running yesterday. It was the soup nazi episode~'No soup for you!!' THAT's what we need...one of those in every fast food restaurant! Lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Six pages of hamburgers and no love for Five Guys? Come on now!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Six pages of hamburgers and no love for Five Guys? Come on now!

Five Guys is freaking amazing. Unless you have peanut allergies.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    ... i dont tthink i could live without ****s a couple times a year.. *drools*
    :laugh:

Auto censor strikes again!