Burger King ... you are kidding me..

Options

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I bet starving people in Africa would consider BK food.....................real food. Oh in about a nano-second.

Yeah, and it would make them incredibly ill.. in about a nano-second.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I bet starving people in Africa would consider BK food.....................real food. Oh in about a nano-second.

But they would ...............survive several million nano-seconds longer.

I have to chuckle at the idea that what these people have to eat vs the thought that a BK meal would actually contain something that their stomach would not like.
  • kateroot
    Options

But they would ...............survive several million nano-seconds longer.

I have to chuckle at the idea that what these people have to eat vs the thought that a BK meal would actually contain something that their stomach would not like.

So because there are starving people all over the world, we should just shut up about fast food being crappy? If all the fast food joints closed tomorrow, we'd have enough of a surplus of corn, chicken, and beef to feed probably just about every starving person on this planet. Commoditizing food-like-product to the point that McDonald's and other FF joints have has likely contributed to world hunger. It's certainly contributed to a host of environmental issues around the world.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    No. I contend the term "real food" is a relative term, not an absolute one.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    God I want some Culvers. Srs.
  • wagreen
    wagreen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    McDonalds fries will always be better than anybody's and Hardees thick burgers are better. :blushing:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Fast "food" is poison, and it's nasty to eat it. That's not a judgment or an opinion, it's a fact. It's not real food in any way, shape, or form. You'd have a very hard time finding some of the abhorrent ingredients in a fast food meal in the grocery store, even in the processed food sections.

I eat a BK whopper probably once a year. I get that craving, and nothing else will satisfy it, so I go for it. I don't think people should be judged for eating it on occasion. But it's still poison. Anyone who says otherwise is completely in denial.

Damn I'm in denial!
    So the government is letting them get away with selling poison?
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Some of you people amaze me.

It can't be YOUR fault that you were fat. It's got to be HFCS or processed grains or Big Ag lobby or fast food. It's just an abrogation of personal responsibility. It's not the type of food you eat, it's HOW MUCH food you eat.

My diary is only visible to my friends, but if you could all see it you would see McDonalds, Chick-fil-A, Pizza, Taco Bell, etc, etc. Not every day, and I choose wisely from those places, but I'm eating plenty of that kind of thing. I've lost 40 pounds so far.

I'm not trying to tell you what to eat - you can be as deluded as you want - I just want you to stop telling the rest of us that we're doing something wrong just because we're violating your personal preferences.
  • kateroot
    Options

Touche. Yes, it's real food in the sense that it's edible.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

Touche. Yes, it's real food in the sense that it's edible.

And passed FDA approval etc.etc.etc. I'm not saying it's the greatest, but i's "real food" in every defintion that our country defines it.
  • kateroot
    Options
    Fast "food" is poison, and it's nasty to eat it. That's not a judgment or an opinion, it's a fact. It's not real food in any way, shape, or form. You'd have a very hard time finding some of the abhorrent ingredients in a fast food meal in the grocery store, even in the processed food sections.

I eat a BK whopper probably once a year. I get that craving, and nothing else will satisfy it, so I go for it. I don't think people should be judged for eating it on occasion. But it's still poison. Anyone who says otherwise is completely in denial.

Damn I'm in denial!

The government lets plenty of corporations get away with selling poison. Look at all the FDA approved drugs that have been recalled for killing people. If you think the government cares what McDonald's is feeding you, then apparently you are in denial.

Let me say, yet again, that I'm not JUDGING anyone for eating fast food. I eat it myself. I'm just saying there's no point in denying what it really is.
  • crystalrivers
    Options
    I WISH THEY WOULD CREATE A health PSA USING YOUR POST!
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    FYI. The FDA is one of the strictest organizations on the planet regarding food/drug approvals.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The government lets plenty of corporations get away with selling poison. Look at all the FDA approved drugs that have been recalled for killing people. If you think the government cares what McDonald's is feeding you, then apparently you are in denial.

Let me say, yet again, that I'm not JUDGING anyone for eating fast food. I eat it myself. I'm just saying there's no point in denying what it really is.
    You're awfully free with that "poison" word. The word has a specific meaning, and fast food simply doesn't satisfy it. Continuing this hyperbolic tone really undercuts your credibility.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Do you believe that the FDA allows drugs to be sold, knowing that they will kill people?

It's not the govt's job to regulate what is the best choice in nutrition. They only regulate what meets minimum standards. Thank heaven, it's still up to each individual what he/she chooses to eat.
    Who is denying that fast food isn't the healthiest food around? Folks know what it is, and they choose to consume it -- some more than others.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Damn I'm in denial!

And here I didn't think the combo meals came with kool aid.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I thought the same when I heard that recently. They have healthier options but they promote all of the crap.
  • kateroot
    Options

You're awfully free with that "poison" word. The word has a specific meaning, and fast food simply doesn't satisfy it. Continuing this hyperbolic tone really undercuts your credibility.

Many ingredients in fast food are poisonous in larger quantities. Small doses of poison are still poison. I'm not a nutritionist, and I'm not touting myself as an expert. And I'm not some holier-than-thou jerk who lives off of organic spinach and tofu. I eat fast food, just like pretty much everyone else in the developed world. I'm just sayin' it's junk. :)
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Put it this way, toothpaste by your definition is poison.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    And here I didn't think the combo meals came with kool aid.
    :laugh: