Burger King ... you are kidding me..

Options

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I think you're all forgetting the king of fast food here... The McRib is in season! Why get a whopper when you can get a tasty, juicy, tender McRib!?
    You know, I don't feel like cooking for lunch, so I'm having a McRib!!!

Or you could try the Deli at your supermarket... I heard they are really fun when you're not in the mood to cook! :flowerforyou:
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Our Burger King is now...wait for it....DELIVERING!! Can you imagine calling and asking them to deliver fast food to your door. OMG. America WRONG DIRECTION!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is an excuse. That $1 lettuce could last you 6 meals. Also, you could freeze the cheese, right?
    I am NOT SURE who ever thought that feeding a family FAST FOOD was cheaper than feeding them at home!

When people say that fast food is cheaper than healthy food, I always wonder if they know so little about eating healthy that they actually think it's true, or they are simply trying to justify their own bad habits. My guess would be half and half.

I think it's cheaper when you live alone? For a family healthy food is cheaper, but a lot of healthy food goes out of date really quickly, to get your monies worth out of fresh fruit/veg/dairy you need a few people to eat it quickly.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but as a student I find it hard on a strict budget to buy myself veg and meat and stuff when I know for half the price I could be filling up on £1 ready meals/pizzas, or even super cheap food like noodles/tinned stuff for like 20p a pop!

I don't find this to be true (the part about living alone v. family). You don't need to buy veggies/fruit for the whole month at a time. Just go shopping more often. Dairy doesn't spoil that quickly if it's in the fridge.

I go shopping at least once a week, and veggies are expensive. I could feed myself on supermarket junk food for like £5 a week or less, but if I wanna make a salad it's like £1 for lettuce, 60p for a pepper, maybe £1 for a few onions and so on...and thing like fruit usually only come in bulk (or cost a lot to buy individually), and they don't last very long. And again, lighter cheeses such as light feta come in fairly big packs but only last 2 or 3 days after opening...
    I agree that it is an excuse. That $1 lettuce could last you 6 meals. Also, you could freeze the cheese, right?

£1 not $1. It's like twice as much. And That would mean I'd have to have 6 meals with lettuce in the space of like 3/4/5 days... that's like 1 or 2 times a day...really, fml.
    And the price of 6 meals worth of salad is still £3 or £4, (Bearing in mind this is just plain salad, without any meat or grains) whereas I can have 6 meals of "cheap junk food" for about £1/£1.50 If I want to have a nice wholemeal wrap with salad and grilled chicken it costs about £2.50 just for one wrap...meat esecially is pretty expensive, even when I find a good deal and freeze ton of it.
    I buy healthy food, I'm just saying in my experience, especially when it comes to having a good balance of protein, its more expensive.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I wish my local BK was replaced by an In-N-Out Burger.

But nooooooo...

Because there are none in PA.
    We finally got In-N-Out here in Utah, and I was over it after two visits. Meh. I'll take a Carl's Jr. over theirs any day. Juicier and tastier and more variety..
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have McDonalds or Wendys or Burger King once a week (and I'm talking about a real burger here - quarter pounders and whoppers) and I'm just fine lol
    Now that is seriously sexy. Gimme a girl that doesn't always order the salad. Awesome!
    Hey, don't hate. I ordered the salad last night. With fried chicken strips on top, but technically still salad.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You do have a point..... but if someone can eat fast food responsibly (as in not more than a few times a month) than I do not see the harm if it just a rare treat.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

But nooooooo...

We finally got In-N-Out here in Utah, and I was over it after two visits. Meh. I'll take a Carl's Jr. over theirs any day. Juicier and tastier and more variety..

blasphemy! Double double animal style any day over Carl's Jr...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    You can have fast food every day and still lose weight. As long as it met your calorie requirements.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,693 Member
    Options

Or you could try the Deli at your supermarket... I heard they are really fun when you're not in the mood to cook! :flowerforyou:
    Nah. I have 2200 calories to spare right now. I'm eating a McRib.:wink:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I get all worked up when the commercials come on TV and radio. It's disgusting. The sad part is, most of us in the 99% (generalization not necessarily us/you) will go for that deal based on lack of knowledge and income.

I love how Obama's attempt to bring healthy food to schools got shot down so that the pizza people and farmers (fry people) could get theirs. Love the way that John Stewart pointed that out last night. Or was it Colbert? Or both? LOL Anyway, good post.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Our Burger King is now...wait for it....DELIVERING!! Can you imagine calling and asking them to deliver fast food to your door. OMG. America WRONG DIRECTION!
    Meh. To each his own. BK is fulfilling a want in the marketplace.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I have McDonalds or Wendys or Burger King once a week (and I'm talking about a real burger here - quarter pounders and whoppers) and I'm just fine lol
    Now that is seriously sexy. Gimme a girl that doesn't always order the salad. Awesome!
    Hey, don't hate. I ordered the salad last night. With fried chicken strips on top, but technically still salad.
    No hate. I just happen to dig a gal that doesn't always order the salad, and isn't afraid to look bad by eating a burger once in a while.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    That's right because you burn a LOT more calories when you drive there!!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

But nooooooo...

blasphemy! Double double animal style any day over Carl's Jr...
    Better than any of them? The local joints with the big *kitten* burgers, always.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    No hate. I just happen to dig a gal that doesn't always order the salad, and isn't afraid to look bad by eating a burger once in a while.
    Oh I was just kidding with the "don't hate" part. But not about the fried chicken.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.

p.s. I looove Whoppers. Haven't had one in a year though.:-( BK, imo, is 10 times tastier than McDonald's.
  • erinrose07
    Options
    It's a long- and commonly-held misconception that fast food is cheaper, and to blame for obesity, in the US. Once one does the math, it's easy to see that one can certainly eat healthier for the same price, or even less, than fast food.

The fast food joints aren't to blame for obesity -- it's individuals lifestyle choices that lead to obesity. Income is not a factor, as the facts prove that it's cheaper to eat healthy food at home.

There was a great discussion about this a while back (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/358863-is-junk-food-really-cheaper), which highlighted a great article on the subject: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/opinion/sunday/is-junk-food-really-cheaper.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3&ref=opinion

Nothing wrong with eating out, and indulging once in a while.

:drinker:

I just read your whole response in peter griffin's voice thanks to you profile pic, Lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

"look bad by eating a burger" ????
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Oh I was just kidding with the "don't hate" part. But not about the fried chicken.
    :laugh:
  • FatGirlSlim899
    FatGirlSlim899 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add on to sexforjaffacakes' post- I live in Scotland, healthy food is expensive compared to our super junk options. I can buy noodles for 20p, a kebab for £1.00, or just general rubbish like frozen fries etc VERY cheaply. Veg and fruit are so expensive compared to them, I personally have to really save for my healthy food.