true hourglass figures

Options

Replies

• runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Don't mind me, I'm just here for pics.

That pic worked for me! Ladies? Thoughts? :drinker:
  • fyceasar
    Options
    This is too funny! I was told by my dr I had a "true" hourglass figure. I lose weight in my waist first then the rest of my body I don't know how you could tell if you lose weight faster then anyone else unless you are on the exact same diet, exercise, probably the same age and height too...I don't know lol I'm just thankful my waist is way smaller then my hips and butt...I love my shape I just want some of this fat off of it...lol
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    What if you have plastic surgery to increase your bust? Then do you count as an hourglass?

Same question for butt implants.

You have butt implants?

Seriously?! Mine's huge but no implants...

I'm still waiting for the pictures of said butt with implants...

Don't have pics but here is a website that has info: http://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/contouring/butt-implants.htm

I actually watched a show on TLC or something about plastic surgery and there was a guy getting butt implants. Looked quite painful.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    http://www.shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape.html

Well this tells me I'm spoon ...I guess the difference is that my hips are 1 inch different than my bust- if it were the other way I'd be hourglass :laugh:
  • fyceasar
    Options
    Shop your shape says I'm "unavailable" shape...
    46" 36" 51"...oh well
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    39-28-39 and I did drop a ton of weight my first month (about 18 lbs) but that was due to medications absolutely murdering my appetite. Before I started calorie logging I was on a crazy unhealthy diet (I averaged less than 800 kcal/day intake, and burned about 450calories daily for a month). I started a food journal to make sure I was actually getting enough food, and am now trying to progress with my weightloss at a reasonable pace.

I kind of doubt being an hourglass had anything to do with it, though...I think being over 50lbs overweight and going on a ****ed up crash diet (unintentionally!) did it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Shop your shape says I'm "unavailable" shape...
    46" 36" 51"...oh well

That probably just means you're 'one in a million'. ;-)
  • BethanyAnn14
    Options
    I'm 34-25-34 and I wanna be a 34-23-34 that would be AWESOME!! I think I'm soooooo FAT ugh
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm 34-25-34 and I wanna be a 34-23-34 that would be AWESOME!! I think I'm soooooo FAT ugh

Is this a troll? Are you for real? I find it hard to believe that you're "fat" when I have 30-25-41 and I fit into a size seven juniors.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Is this a troll? Are you for real? I find it hard to believe that you're "fat" when I have 30-25-41 and I fit into a size seven juniors.
    She's 18. It is sad that we have such skewed views of our bodies, but it seems to be especially bad for teens. =/
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options

She's 18. It is sad that we have such skewed views of our bodies, but it seems to be especially bad for teens. =/

Oh, dear. She's not going to like it when she gets a woman's body...
  • Arbright
    Arbright Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Omg this thread is hilarious! Thanks so much for the laughs
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's quite possible that many don't know what there shape will be once they lose the weight. Those that have been obese or quite a bit overweight since childhood may never have seen what their adult shape will be.

I'm somewhere between an hour glass and a pear (some charts say one, some say the other). I can usually lose pretty easily as long as I eat right and exercise. I don't know that it's super fast though. I think that has more to do with how much you have to lose at the beginning than your shape.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have always had people compliment me on my "hourglass shape", no matter what size I am I still have that dramatic indent at the waist, big hips/booty and big bust. At 120lbs I was a full C cup. I am 5'5 and weigh 200.0 lbs I have lost 41 lbs in the last 8 weeks ( 20 of that was baby delivery and some fluid).
    My current measurements are Bust 45, Waist 35, Hips 47. I am currently nursing and that does affect weight loss ( supposedly, all though it didn't help with my first son). I do tend to gain very easily, and loose small amounts fairly easily. I watch my calories, and do a lot of walking and moderate exercise dvd's.
    I don't think my shape has anything to do with weight loss, however my sister is a classic pear shape, while my other sister is an upside down triangle, and it is very noticable if either of them gain or loose 5 lbs while with me it takes more to see it.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm told I have one but I measure in at 35 - 22.5 - 32.5
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Anyone can be an hour glass all it takes is a padded bra a wasp waist corset and a pair of padded butt knickers.

Bit of shock when he wakes up and finds you are actually shaped like a pineapple. (Well I had bed head hair)

He never phoned :sad:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Oh Mu Gaw Betty, look at her Butt, it is like soooo big!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImZTwYwCug
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to put down any other shapes, so please don't get mad at me for asking about only one particular shape, I just wanted to know based on the same shape that I have. Heck, different shapes have different workouts they should do an should avoid. Like I said, I had read about the weight gain/loss for hourglasses as being quick in areas about what exercises are best for hourglass shapes. I would not respond to all the "pear" shape threads or "apple" shape threads or "ruler" shape threads because I am not those shapes.

Since when do we avoid exercises based on shape? Like... I'm a pear so I should avoid working out my butt? If that's what you mean- that's utterly stupid. All muscles should be engaged so that you're healthy and balanced. totally ridiculous

EDIT: I just read that article and it was... stupid. You can't pick where your fat is lost, it just comes off. SO, if I want to lose my pear butt... I'm going to do the same darned things as someone who wants to lose their giant boobs or big o'l gut.

I'm with you on this.. That article was full of broscience and made no sense what so ever.

To OP:
    I think I am hourglass...

36 inch bust-27 inch waist-Not too sure about the hips, but I doubt they are under 30.

I don't think I've lost weight faster then others.. nor do I avoid certain workouts.
    I do both strength training and cardio to help tone and shape what I got.. and I'm pretty sure that's why I'm as small as I am right now.
  • BethanyAnn14
    Options

Yeah I'm 4 real...lol
  • BethanyAnn14
    Options

Oh, dear. She's not going to like it when she gets a woman's body...

All i'm wanting to know is do i have an hour glass figure??