true hourglass figures

Options
123457»

Replies

• SCrompton
    SCrompton Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am an extreme hourglass. My breasts and hips are within an inch of eachother and my waist is more than 10 inches smaller
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need to try and label my body as an inanimate object. What purpose does it really serve? You don't ever hear men trying to figure out this nonsense. You know what I'm shaped like? A human. I am female human shaped.
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have heard of the hour glass or often falls in the endomorph body type. So, yes they have been reported to lose weight but they also gain fat the fastest. So, yes I have been a classic hour glass...but, i always lose weight off my waist the fastest.
    I am struggling right now to get into a routine...so, I can definitely use some supportive friends :)
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    lol @ most of he comments here
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm an hourglass..39 bust, 30 waist 39.5 Hips. I do lose from my waist and front of my tummy first. Hoping to get all those figures down!
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass (42-31-43). You don't lose weight faster than other people based off what shape you are. One thing I will say though is its much easier to gain weight and not notice because you still look proportional, this is what happened to me. My hips and limbs are sticking to the weight more, a lot has come off my rib cage which is weird.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm an hourglass (42-31-43). You don't lose weight faster than other people based off what shape you are. One thing I will say though is its much easier to gain weight and not notice because you still look proportional, this is what happened to me. My hips and limbs are sticking to the weight more, a lot has come off my rib cage which is weird.

This happens to me too! I always lose from my rib area first! And i agree about being in proportion as well.
  • DeborahSueBrooks
    DeborahSueBrooks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have said "hourglass" frame (Hips and bust measure the same, waist is 6" smaller) and I think the only people I lose weight faster than are those who don't work out.
    I see no reason for people with hourglass frames to lose weight any faster than anyone else working for their health. We may APPEAR to be losing weight faster because everything is decreasing in mass besides our bust and hips (typically the last to burn) thus receiving a more dramatic appearance of weight loss, but unfortunately I would think that's where the possibilities end.

Also, I know everyone would love to coin the term "hourglass", but upon reviewing your pictures I would definitely describe you being more of a pear shape than anything.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass..39 bust, 30 waist 39.5 Hips. I do lose from my waist and front of my tummy first. Hoping to get all those figures down!

You're nuts.. I would kill for a 9" difference!!!! I mean that in the nicest way possible..

I'm 36-30-35 (just lost an " off my hips a few days ago).. I miss being an hourglass
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    This post proves the snarkiness of people. You know what she means but you have to act like superior MFP'ers to try to prove you know more than her. F'ing annoying. People use those terms all the time in fashion and fitness mags, so who cares if they're "real" to you or not? When you do see a stylist, they dress you based on body shape and the catch phrases help conceptualize typical measurement ratios. BFD.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Style Analysis (and body shape analysis, as a component part of it) is close to my heart. An hourglass figure is defined as:

- Hips equal/ balance out shoulders (not chest/bust meaurement)
    - Defined waist, 10 inches or greater difference between waist and hips
    - Slim thighs, not heavy. (Heavy thighs is a pear-shape)
    - Weight is usually gained in the stomach and hip area first, not the thighs. This shape is most likely to have a rounder stomach than other shapes, even when slim.

I have not heard of hourglasses losing or gaining weight more quickly than other body shapes, thats news to me. Its not my experience. For the record (if anyone is vaguely interested)- my measurements are Bust 32C, waist 25 inches and hips 37 inches (at present, I hope to lose an inch)
  • ARoseinDecember
    Options
    I cannot speak to the relative speed of weight loss, but was always a "true" hourglass with equal bust/hips, UNTIL I lost weight...and now I'm...I don't know what. But my hips are now smaller than my bust(But I still have the 9-10 inch difference to my middle!) :( What do you even call that? LOL
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't think you lose weight at a different rate, however (as an hourglass), I have read we tend to gain and lose weight more evenly. That said, with the right work out, I am sure all body shapes can adjust accordingly. My stats are 46 / 34 / 47. Now here's to getting them 10 inch lower!! Therein lies the challenge!
  • Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've no idea if I'm an hourglass or a pear. I've got relatively broad shoulders, and before I gained weight I was 37(30FF)/27/37; now I've put on weight and I'm 37/30/40. Either way, I don't lose weight quickly, which probably has far more to do with my metabolism and lifestyle than my body shape. I can maintain easily enough, for the most part, but when I gain weight it tends to sneak up on me and is a pain to lose.