Older Men vs Younger Men?

Options

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Anyone concerned about the physical/sexual aspects of being with a much much older man? It's one thing when you're 30 and he's 50. What about when you're 45 and he's 65?

Let's see in ten years I'll be 65 and wife will be 42 I will report back and let you know how things are going? Right now all is well...

im sure whatever issues may or may not "come up" there are medications for that. im just guessing. Its all wonderful now. I cant wait to see what its like in his 60s! Whoo hoo! Sorry, i obviously need to get back to work.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'd like to keep it around my age 3 years both ways so we're on the same level.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Older guys are sexy! Mmmmmm:devil: same age or older..for me :glasses:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm into older men. that's my track record. at 28, men younger than me are boys!!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    When i was 17, i went with a lad who was 12 years older than me.. Worse mistale ever!! Luckily it only lasted a few months, we were constantly arguing. And people were rippin the mic out of me bcos i was 17, he was 29! =/ i was soo glad when it finished if im honest..

I now go for lads that are a few years old than me, will not ever go with younger lads!
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    According to this post, women seem to want an older man.

I'm 25...

How wonderfully convenient...

lol.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    A bit older. My boyfriend is six years my senior, which I know isn't a huge deal. I usually go for dudes older than me, though. :)
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    According to this post, women seem to want an older man.

I'm 25...

How wonderfully convenient...

lol.

Guess ya gotta start with the high school seniors and hope they are 18
  • kimibunny
    Options
    I'd have to say older or my age only because younger for me would still be school bus riding age, and that's mildly disgusting..
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    case by case.

My boyfriend is nearly 17 years older than me, and our relationship is amazing! I don't know if that has anything to do with his age, though. He did tell me that if I had met him when he was my age, I probably wouldn't like him very much.

(of course, when he was 27, I was 10...)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think this depends on how old YOU are. When I was 17 or 18, there's no way I would've dated someone older than 20.

Now, at 29, I prefer someone at least 5 years older but not more than 10 years older. There are exceptions to every rule, but I think most guys don't really know who they are and what they're looking for until their mid-30s or so. But I figure a man in his 40s is just not in the same place in life as I am.

I've dated younger (3 years younger, guy I met in college), and while he was a very sweet, exceedingly decent guy, I grew up, and he wasn't ready to leave the frat party scene behind, so we went our separate ways.
    I can actually have a real conversation with older men, where as younger men, and men my own age just want sex 24/7, and cant hold any form of conversation

Sadly, this has been my experience, too. I think this is why I am so attracted to men who can have a legitimate conversation about a broad range of topics. I am so used to guys who think it's acceptable to talk about sex all the time that a man who won't even approach the subject unless I bring it up is charmingly refreshing to me.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    When I was 22 I started dating a gentleman 5 years older.

We divorced and now I'm dating a guy five years older.

At those ages no real difference.
    Honestly I think it's more the man than the age.
    Some men keep an aura of youth no matter how old. Some seem like fuddy duddies who should be in depends even at 32.
  • delta90017
    Options
    Anyone concerned about the physical/sexual aspects of being with a much much older man? It's one thing when you're 30 and he's 50. What about when you're 45 and he's 65?
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options

We have had this discussion, and we feel as if we're strong enough to get through any sexual problems that may arise in our future.

Of coures, we've also joked about the fact that right around when I go through menopause and may not want sex, he may be going through old age issues and may not be able to do sex, so it will probably work out okay.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I find older men attractive these days (didn't when I was younger - I think I just don't like men in their 30s much), but wouldn't date one. I'd always stick with my own age for a long term relationship, as the plan is to grow old together, not one after the other.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Funny thing for me is I've always dated women older than me. This is mostly because I"m and old soul for my age and when I was in my 20's most 20 year old women were not at the same points in their live as me. I had a career early on, had a house and done all the partying I wanted to do by time I was in my mid 20's, So, at that point I wasn't just looking for a regular source for sex and I didn't feel the need to be with someone. I was really only interested in dating if I thought there was potential for marriage. Not that I had to know if they wanted to marry me right away (I'm not creepy) but if someone wasn't the marrying type or didn't seem like they were looking to start a family, then I wasn't interested. Most of the girls I dated were more interested in going out every weekend to drink or to go to the club than they were about finding a potential mate.

So, after some frustration I started considering older women, women in their 30's who might have a career and be at a point where they are thinking about starting a family.

When I was 29 I married my wife who wast 38. She thought I was more mature than most guys her age and also didn't mind the benefits she got from a younger man. :laugh:

Granted, sometimes things got a little awkward in the begining. I'd start talking about going to high school in the 90's and she graduted in the 80's. People would always ask about our age difference, so that was weird at times as well. However, it's been great for 5 years and we now have a 4 year old daughter as well and they are my reasons to live.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've dated younger and older (most recent). I am not sure what I prefer. They're pretty much the same!!!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like both, kinda just depends on the man!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I prefer younger men because I am immature.
  • sjcsviola85
    Options
    I met my boyfriend when I had just turned 19 and he was 29 nearly 30 .... at first the age gap was a bit daunting, but 8 years down the line i'm 26 and hes 37... easy to forget about the age gap tbh now....